Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
sarcasm

"I feel sorry for them because they died in this land that is not their home. They are human beings." - Reuters

Post by sarcasm » 27 Jul 2021, 19:40

Tiebei Negash, 60, wept as she recalled how she and some neighbours had buried her husband, who she said was a resident not involved in the conflict, and five Ethiopian army soldiers.

She said she didn't see the fighters who shot through her front door the night of June 17, killing her husband in his sleep before setting fire to their house, but said they spoke the national Amharic language, not Tigrinya spoken by Tigrayans.

She expressed anger at the soldiers who deployed to Tigray in support of Prime Minister Ahmed Abiy's government, but understood they were following orders.

"I feel sorry for them because they died in this land that is not their home," she said. "They are human beings."

Read the whole article by Giulia Paravicini and Maggie Fick.
https://widerimage.reuters.com/story/gr ... brutal-war

Abe Abraham

Re: "I feel sorry for them because they died in this land that is not their home. They are human beings." - Reuters

Post by Abe Abraham » 27 Jul 2021, 20:16

I feel sorry for the juntas because they died in this land that is not their home.

sarcasm

Re: "I feel sorry for them because they died in this land that is not their home. They are human beings." - Reuters

Post by sarcasm » 28 Jul 2021, 18:08

sarcasm wrote:
27 Jul 2021, 19:40
Tiebei Negash, 60, wept as she recalled how she and some neighbours had buried her husband, who she said was a resident not involved in the conflict, and five Ethiopian army soldiers.

She said she didn't see the fighters who shot through her front door the night of June 17, killing her husband in his sleep before setting fire to their house, but said they spoke the national Amharic language, not Tigrinya spoken by Tigrayans.

She expressed anger at the soldiers who deployed to Tigray in support of Prime Minister Ahmed Abiy's government, but understood they were following orders.

"I feel sorry for them because they died in this land that is not their home," she said. "They are human beings."

Read the whole article by Giulia Paravicini and Maggie Fick.
https://widerimage.reuters.com/story/gr ... brutal-war
Tiebei Negash