Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
DefendTheTruth
Member+

Sack those who are failing the country, ASAP!

Post by DefendTheTruth » 23 Jul 2021, 15:25

I don't know the man but he seems to downplay such a debacle, this is not appropriate for the image of the great country that we want to have. You shouldn't just try to justify yourself afterwards, you should deliver, if you fail, then you should be held accountable, not only in sport but in all other fields.

temari

Re: Sack those who are failing the country, ASAP!

Post by temari » 23 Jul 2021, 16:00

The government can't do anything about it as the Ethiopian Olympic committee is an independent body and is only subject to the controls of the International Olympic Committee. Unless Derartu & co. file charges at the Ethiopian Olympic committee and succeeds, the government can't do anything about it. The government can't sack or appoint the head of the Olympic committee and if it tries the international Olympic Committee could ban Ethiopia for interfering in the independent body. Otherwise this problem have been solved long time ago.
DefendTheTruth wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 15:25
I don't know the man but he seems to downplay such a debacle, this is not appropriate for the image of the great country that we want to have. You shouldn't just try to justify yourself afterwards, you should deliver, if you fail, then you should be held accountable, not only in sport but in all other fields.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 14 Aug 2021, 09:09

temari wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 16:00
The government can't do anything about it as the Ethiopian Olympic committee is an independent body and is only subject to the controls of the International Olympic Committee. Unless Derartu & co. file charges at the Ethiopian Olympic committee and succeeds, the government can't do anything about it. The government can't sack or appoint the head of the Olympic committee and if it tries the international Olympic Committee could ban Ethiopia for interfering in the independent body. Otherwise this problem have been solved long time ago.
DefendTheTruth wrote:

Are you sure here? I don't know much but the logic seems to me sort of flawed, this is not about an autonomy, rather about providing service for the autonomous entity, which is the Athletics Federation, which provides the ultimate service.

Lakeshore

Post by Lakeshore » 14 Aug 2021, 10:46

May be this the main agenda the Orommuma infested Biltsigna wants like TPLF junta to tarnish Ethiopian greatness. This guy Dr, Ashebir is a known TPLF mole in the ministry supported by the westerns lead Olympic committee. However, the Ethiopian government was not willing to see sport as important until the Orommuma shameless Abdias want to replace the guy with out due process. when shameless tried to bring his orommuma forward the guy appealed to the Olympic committee in return the Olympic committee threatened Ethiopia with suspension.

The way Derartu tullu came in to the position was not legal. We have seen that when they gave her 7 million birr and a 6 million suv. I have no problem with Derartu i have run with her many time in Meskel square when she was training before she is my idol. However, they used her name and fame to tied her with orommuma and exploited her fame. The guy has forego legal advisors and he is helped by Theodros adhanom and he knows what he exactly doing, so he even get her suspended not to come in to the Olympic stadium where once she was the actor.

Orommuma should take out their hand out of this issue and let the sport community follow the law.

Wedi
Member+

Post by Wedi » 14 Aug 2021, 10:50

DefendTheTruth wrote:

Don't you feel ashamed of your statement?
Is there an candidate better than Galla Abiy Ahmed to be sacked who failed the whole country?

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 14 Aug 2021, 13:54

Wedi wrote:
14 Aug 2021, 10:50
DefendTheTruth wrote:

Don't you feel ashamed of your statement?
Is there an candidate better than Galla Abiy Ahmed to be sacked who failed the whole country?
Wedi, are you a man or woman? You are much attention seeker, for what ever reason.

Abiy Ahmed doesn't even take note of some folks of your club exist somewhere in the world (he is enjoying "Special Dr. Abiy" or "Special Lemma Megersa" among his people). You feel yourself entitled to some privilege just because of spending a good part of your time on discussion forum. Make sense of your life, if you care about yourself.