Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Cigar

Eritrea 3 Ethiopia 3 final....under 23 years youth.

Post by Cigar » 17 Jul 2021, 11:32

I am not impressed about our Eritrean youth team. They were dominated by the Ethiopian team physically, talent and possession of the ball. I hope they learnt one or two things from this game and improve, granted that they have but*terflies from playing with a host team.
But at the end what it matters is the final result. It is a very good result that our boys shared the points equally.

pushkin
Member+

Re: Eritrea 3 Ethiopia 3 final....under 23 years youth.

Post by pushkin » 17 Jul 2021, 11:55

Hi Cigar! The Eritrean team is back to a play after a one-year lockdown of citizens due to covid 19. It seems they didn't have adequate time of training & as a result, we have observed lack of teamwork. I hope they will show a better play with the Burundi National Team. Other factors could be the lack of acquaintance with Bahrdar football ground as well as the short gap of the play after their arrival to the city. Overall, the draw result is satisfactory.
Cigar wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 11:32
I am not impressed about our Eritrean youth team. They were dominated by the Ethiopian team physically, talent and possession of the ball. I hope they learnt one or two things from this game and improve, granted that they have but*terflies from playing with a host team.
But at the end what it matters is the final result. It is a very good result that our boys shared the points equally.

Cigar

Re: Eritrea 3 Ethiopia 3 final....under 23 years youth.

Post by Cigar » 17 Jul 2021, 12:13

Pushkin, yes the covid thing affected every one including ethiopia, even though Ethiopia I believe have leagues who been playing even during covid.
I am just in a train of thoughts that Eritreans are hereditary better in football than the rest of Africans in general and the horn in particular. Our lack of not dominating the east African football is that our focus in the last 30 so years was not in sport and thus we don't have facilities and budget like the likes of Ethiopia and the rest of them as yet.
So keeping that in mind, yes I am impressed that they drew with Ethiopia, but the fact is today they were outplayed by the Ethiopian team players.
But again, like I said.. that we are not focused in football as we speak, I take this match as a win.
And to ice the draw, the most valuable player of the game was Ali Silliman (Eritrean) who scored the first hat trick of the games. He scored all 3 goals of our team with the first one and the penalty might be called the goals of the entire tournament.