Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
DefendTheTruth
Member+

If you care about your readers, then don't insult their intelligence

Post by DefendTheTruth » 24 Jun 2021, 07:00

The NY-Times came back to the scene and claims somethings like the following:
The International Committee of the Red Cross said it had facilitated the evacuation of wounded people from Togoga in local Red Cross ambulances. A spokeswomen declined to provide details of the number of dead or wounded.
Why is someone saying their organisation is facilitating the evacuation of wounded people and also decline to give a detail about that same issue? Which part you hide and which part you reveal?

Why is UN holding a "confidential security document" back on a matter of a soverign member state of the body and then show it to a media organisation? Confidential to whom?
U.N. documents also confirm an escalation of violence in recent days. Throughout the course of last week, U.N. officials reported large-scale troop movements in northwestern and central Tigray, according to a confidential security document seen by The New York Times.

Please help me also to understand who the source of the following information should be, the regional health authority or the UN official, who is purportedly trying to use the former as his/her source?
But on Wednesday, the regional health authorities estimated that 80 people had been killed and another 43 wounded, according to a private report that was shared by a United Nations official in Ethiopia.
I don't think the media outlet lacked the necessary professional skill of reporting a story and I wounder why it decided to leave its readers with many more questions than answers?

Is lying becoming a culture at some corner of the world?

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/23/worl ... ttack.html