Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
TGAA
Member+

Abiy needs to take a lesson from Sanjay Gandhi assassination

Post by TGAA » 23 Jun 2021, 05:13

Abiy and his security personnel need to understand that the are taking unnecessary risk when they are mixing Abiy with public continually. It takes only one fanatic that is hired by foreign or internal enemies to deploy a terrorist to send the country into tailspin of civil war by assassinate him. For Weyanes and shnes.it is cost effective way to go that route. Be warned.

Abere

Re: Abiy needs to take a lesson from Sanjay Gandhi assassination

Post by Abere » 23 Jun 2021, 07:46

You are right! Abiy Ahmed must stay away from public gatherings for sometime. It is understood that Ethiopians have never seen and met their leaders in person for over 50 years after Emperor Hailesselassie, however, the situation in the present day Ethiopia is totally different from the Imperial King of His Majesty. The people of that good old time were virtual and religious, there was strong national unity and patriotism. It is first good to work on the political infrastructure before coming out in public for every little thing - he had better withhold it. Although Abiy's party ODP-PP is another wing of OLF, things so far seem to indicate some OLF inspired thugs are at times at odds with him. Anyone listening Merara Gudina can tell, Merara is not only a friend of Jawar Mohammed ( a terrorists' in prison cell now) but also is exactly another Debretsion of OLF sitting right in Addis Ababa. This suggests there are plenty of OLF thugs that have direct link with TPLF to do anything harmful to Abiy Ahmed. So, Abiy's public appearance benefit nothing at this time to the country, he better shy away from public appearance and take stern measure to cleanse TPLF.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 23 Jun 2021, 08:33

Abere wrote:
23 Jun 2021, 07:46
You are right! Abiy Ahmed must stay away from public gatherings for sometime. It is understood that Ethiopians have never seen and met their leaders in person for over 50 years after Emperor Hailesselassie, however, the situation in the present day Ethiopia is totally different from the Imperial King of His Majesty. The people of that good old time were virtual and religious, there was strong national unity and patriotism. It is first good to work on the political infrastructure before coming out in public for every little thing - he had better withhold it. Although Abiy's party ODP-PP is another wing of OLF, things so far seem to indicate some OLF inspired thugs are at times at odds with him. Anyone listening Merara Gudina can tell, Merara is not only a friend of Jawar Mohammed ( a terrorists' in prison cell now) but also is exactly another Debretsion of OLF sitting right in Addis Ababa. This suggests there are plenty of OLF thugs that have direct link with TPLF to do anything harmful to Abiy Ahmed. So, Abiy's public appearance benefit nothing at this time to the country, he better shy away from public appearance and take stern measure to cleanse TPLF.
I think I could be the first to have hinted at such a scenario and a very high precautions needed to safeguard, not only the life of innocent people, but also the interest of the country at large, on this very forum before a number of months.

At the same time, if I the opinions being expressed on the social media platforms are of any gage to the general attitude of the general public most of those who espouse much virulent attitude against him are not primarily from the Oromo sector (alone), but rather the Amhara extremists, who are not willing to come into terms of seeing someone come to power while not from the camp of "water level of what Ethiopianism means" (ye wuha lik of Ethiopia). It is true that there are Oromo extremists wishing him the same, but they are not the only one or even the primary suspects, I think.

So, if you are really concerned about what you try to claim here, then don't be timid to say also where the potential danger may come from. Only then you can also be part of the solution.

TGAA
Member+

Post by TGAA » 23 Jun 2021, 09:06

What a nonsensical comment.I am talking about his safety you ion other hand attempting to paint the threat with a particular tribal ink.There are more vitriol coming out of Oromo media than any other. Weyanes woul pay millions to avenge him..of course there are Amharas who blem him for Ethnic cleansing that is going on right now as we speak. So protect him from danger first and then let us go together to resolve those problems. I am against any group that threaten the safety and well-being of P.P. period. Don't forget on the first assassination attempt on Abiy was by weyanns and Oromo radicals ..you can go . and check the court papers.

Blueshift

Post by Blueshift » 23 Jun 2021, 10:49

Guys,

Abbiy is a rascal. That is not the danger I think he faces. Abbiy could be assasinated by those whom he trusts. A weasel's enemy is always from within. I don't expect it to happen if it does the first five years. Things will stabilize. The economy won't be that good. Ethinic strife will continue. Bam, someone from within perhaps from the military wing could take the steps to eliminate him. Ethiopia is not Eritrea. Ethiopia is bigger and complex. This is not Mengistu's era. BTW, don't expect Tigray to be stable. TPLF is weakened. But, armed opposition from Tigray slowly will be a force to deal with. The conflict in Tigray has no solution. Tigrayans could not give up a piece of dry land called Badme that was ruled Eritrean by the international court, don't expect them to give up on the western front. Amharas will never give up either. That will never resolve itself. Tigrayans are expansionists. For a minority status, expansionism is dangerous. They still dream about Abay Tigray or Tigray Tigrigni manifesto :lol: :lol: