Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
TGAA
Member+

Re: TWEET: THE ECONOMIST: "ETHIOPIA SETS A NEW LOW STANDARD IN BLACK AFRICA BY USING ELECTIONS TO CORONATE A NEW EMPEROR

Post by TGAA » 17 Jun 2021, 19:33

The Economist had been calling Meles the "philosopher King" . They never condemned Meles and his party when it declared 100% election victory . Now the economist has became the proverbial 'catholic more than the pop " It doesn't' even wait till the election is over. The fool Yabello copies and pasts this nonsense thinking as if it means anything ...... it will an election much better than any election we had before for sure-- short coming it might have but not because the terrorist Ayatalo jawar is fattening up in prison .

TGAA
Member+

Re: TWEET: THE ECONOMIST: "ETHIOPIA SETS A NEW LOW STANDARD IN BLACK AFRICA BY USING ELECTIONS TO CORONATE A NEW EMPEROR

Post by TGAA » 17 Jun 2021, 19:50

You might need to ask for help your 5 years old to do a Photoshop for you -- I grantee you he will do a decent job. In just a week the topic you are going to be blabbering is going to change for good. That never happened in the past 5 weyane lead election . Get used to it -- looser .

Sam Ebalalehu

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 17 Jun 2021, 21:58

TGAA has a point. Never had the Economist criticized Ethiopian election before . But why now ? I am not saying they should not, but it smells bad. Call me paranoid, but I think to believe TPLF bought journalists who report about Ethiopia all over the world. The Economist might not be an exception.
Just read the sentence that says his mother said he would be a king. What relevance that sentence has to the coming Ethiopian election?

I am going even further and say the article might have been written by TPLF cadre.
Here is why ? Usually reputable newspapers and magazines would not dare to give a verdict even before the election is held. The Economist has not said the election might not be fair. That is acceptable. It says the election is to make Abiy a king. That is an insult to all Ethiopians.
The Economist there is a new sheriff in town. It is time for you to mourn the old sheriff you love : it is taking its last breath.