Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
DefendTheTruth
Member+

Highly wanted in Ethiopia currently: Gast of Honor

Post by DefendTheTruth » 13 Jun 2021, 15:09

Ethiopia's number of projects to be inaugurated on a daily basis is so immense that it became difficult to find a gast of honor for their inauguration ceremonies. All high ranking government and party officials are already over-booked (only in this year 11 K projects are slatted for inaugurations).

Is Ethiopia going to be hungery again? Hope, never again.

TGAA
Member+

Re: Highly wanted in Ethiopia currently: Gast of Honor

Post by TGAA » 13 Jun 2021, 17:13

I share your enthusiasm, but we have to be careful not to let our enthusiasm cloud the reality in the ground. I have doubt that this countless inauguration of the project right before an election could be nothing other than part of the political champagne, I am not saying it is wrong -- cause incumbent officeholders are judged by what they have done, more than what they will be doing in the future, though sometimes it's exaggerated- it's within the norm to accentuate their accomplishments. For us, as customers, we need to be aware that "All that glitters is not gold"

temari

Post by temari » 13 Jun 2021, 17:33

I like the determination of PP to win the election by trying to win the hearts and minds of the people. The determination to win the election by convincing people is the essence of democracy and PP is leading in this regard followed by Ezema. The other oppositions are clearly not mature enough let alone to lead a country but even to function as a proper opposition party in a democracy. They are only good at being a cry baby. I see no will nor determination to win the election from their side. They are lazy and comfortable at playing their usual victim role and staying a cry baby forever.

Having said that though, many of the projects that are being daily "inaugurated" just before the election were already completed and open for the public for months or even years in some cases. I know for sure that out of the "newly inaugurated" 25 roads in Addis, many of them were already completed long time ago and were giving service for the public. In this regard, PP is clearly faking it with its daily endless inaugurations :lol:

TGAA
Member+

Post by TGAA » 13 Jun 2021, 18:08

temari wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 17:33
"The other oppositions are clearly not mature enough let alone to lead a country but even to function as a proper opposition party in a democracy. They are only good at being a cry baby. I see no will nor determination to win the election from their side. They are lazy and comfortable at playing their usual victim role and staying a cry baby forever."

One of the cardinal sins in politics is over genralzation, and for a lack of better expression, you glide through generalization without a thought of giving it a break. The cascades of adjectives you throw without regard such as "clearly not mature""cry baby" "lazy and comfortable" " victim role" are not grounded in fact except your enthused support for PP. More than PP or EZEMA the political parties that voiced they're outraged aginst Ethnic cleansing are those who you call "cry babies" while PP denied the existence of it all , while EZEMA play dead or play the role of an apologist. When Addis Ababa was besieged by Ayatola Jawar agitated " Qero mob " It isn't pp or Ezema who stood in a way to defend Addis Ababans but those who you call "not matured " So all oppositions have played to wright the wrong in their niche area of concern, so for you to dismiss their contribution in one swap is just political cheerleading gone amock.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 14 Jun 2021, 07:01

TGAA wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 18:08
temari wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 17:33
"The other oppositions are clearly not mature enough let alone to lead a country but even to function as a proper opposition party in a democracy. They are only good at being a cry baby. I see no will nor determination to win the election from their side. They are lazy and comfortable at playing their usual victim role and staying a cry baby forever."

One of the cardinal sins in politics is over genralzation, and for a lack of better expression, you glide through generalization without a thought of giving it a break. The cascades of adjectives you throw without regard such as "clearly not mature""cry baby" "lazy and comfortable" " victim role" are not grounded in fact except your enthused support for PP. More than PP or EZEMA the political parties that voiced they're outraged aginst Ethnic cleansing are those who you call "cry babies" while PP denied the existence of it all , while EZEMA play dead or play the role of an apologist. When Addis Ababa was besieged by Ayatola Jawar agitated " Qero mob " It isn't pp or Ezema who stood in a way to defend Addis Ababans but those who you call "not matured " So all oppositions have played to wright the wrong in their niche area of concern, so for you to dismiss their contribution in one swap is just political cheerleading gone amock.
TGAA,

I literally rolling on the ground, from a big laughter at your comment.

Yes, temari is referring to ABN in your case, OLF in my case, TPLF in the case of Halafi Mengedi, Dr. Yilikal (I am not sure if he has even got a party) in case of someone else in here, and by extension to more that 100 or so called entities calling themselves political parties in our country.

My laughter is not at his comment as such, but at how automatically he made more than 100 "enemies" to himself by a single comment. Everyone of those who oppose his comment claim that he means their respective political party.

Did he mention any of those by their respective names, then he could have made himself at least less number of "enemies".

TGAA
Member+

Post by TGAA » 14 Jun 2021, 18:21

I'm glad my comment makes you laugh ; as saying goes " laughter is the best medicine there is ." This is the statement that got me "The other oppositions are clearly not mature enough let alone to lead a country" except PP and Ezema . Had he qualified it by saying some -- I would have kept my peace. I don't think you can read his mind to say what you said. you might be right but not sure. I may disagree with ABN other policies , but regarding their stiff resistance against exclusion and ethnic cleansing of Amhars that have been the result of weyane and OLF political engineering -- they got it spot on and have my full support. As you said Did he mention any of those by their respective names, then he could have made himself at least less number of "enemies". I was just trying to be a mirror but "enmity"-- far from it.