Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Roha

Manufacturing identity in the Horn of Africa

Post by Roha » 11 Jun 2021, 23:47

Courtesy of Abe, Do you wonder like me why some people hate their "Africaness" and would do everything, including killing their own and burning their own identity to be accepted as Arabs? I see this often with the Arab slaves in Sudan who are the educated elites of that nation, see what they did to Darfur and South Sudanese. What is wrong with the Sudanese psych?
I see this illness of inferiority infecting many in other African regions, as well as in my own land among the elites of the Arab slaves of the discarded Jebha ELF who not only hate their own languages and identity, they also burned their own Tigre language books. What is wrong with these slaves?
Abe Abraham wrote:
10 Jun 2021, 18:30
My father is very pan-Arab and he's horrified by any kind of African identity but I think our generation is very aware of the fact that in Sudan, because of the way we were pulled into the Arab League by Nasser, we didn't have an opportunity to develop a national identity. We don't have a national identity and I'm very conscious of that.

But I think I'm very Arab in terms of cultural outlook, and very Islamic. I'm a lot of very different things.

In Sudan, we're Nubian, we're Arab :lol: , we have a lot of Turkish blood :lol: , and then in the south ... What I love about being Sudanese is that you can be any colour from green-eyed light-skinned Turkish all the way through to black.
1_With the exception of individuals and families like that of ቓዚ ሳላሓዲን ዓተባኒ the so-called presence of a lot of Turkish blood in Sudan is an exaggeration and an attempt to run away from the Sudanese African identity which is present strongly. ( ንኣብነት ኣብ ኤርትራ ስዉእ ኣማኑኤል መታዓብይቲ ሓወይ ኣዲኡ ፍርቂ-ትግረ ፍርቂ ቱርኪ ኔራ ። ኣብ ከባቢና ቱርኪ ከም ዝነበሩ ክዉን ኮይኑ ደማዊ ምትእስሳር ግን ዝጋደድ ኣይኮነን ። )

2_The term " Sudanese Arab " is self-deceptive. No one accepts it outside the confused self-hating Sudanese. The Arab identity of Sudan is not real and the Islamic identity is abused for political reasons to take countrol of the country by creating false compitition between religion and racial and cultural identity of the overwhelming majority of the Sudanese people.

ኣብ ጉዳይ ደቡብ ሱዳን ደረቕ ዓሌታዊን ሃይማኖታዊን መርገጺ ዝነበሮ ሸቃጢ ኢስላሚስት ቓዚ ሳላሓዲን ዓተባኒ ምስ ዳዉድ ኦግሉ