Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum

Sam Ebalalehu

Re: ጃል መሮና ጄነራል ፃድቃን ከበረሃ፣ እስክንድርና ጃዋር ከዓለም በቃኝ፣ በያሬድ ጥበቡ what a point of view

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 11 Jun 2021, 17:03

Yared Tibebu is another self-promoter. He was the first one to accept the change. He went to Addis, and made a speech in Bahirdar. He wanted a post in Abiy’s administration. In fact, he gave an excuse for changing his citizenship, believing that might negatively impact his need to have a go in Abiy’s administration. He wrote I changed my citizenship because to work as IT guy in government offices it requires having US citizenship. Well, I do not know only the US government hires IT guys. That is beside the point however. I used to read what he has written over the years infrequently . He seemed to have believed those of us who lived in the West are more enlightened than those who have lived all their lives in the jungle.
He did not use that word obviously. But for a fair reader that was the interpretation he got.

He studied computer science, lived in USA, but wanted a position in the Abiy’s administration . What is especial of him that Abiy needs ?There are thousands of young Ethiopians who have studied computer science as he.
If he loves his country, he could go and work as an IT guy.
I know personally Yared. I met him twice or three times in Sudan. He was trying to recruit me to his political party two weeks before he flew to America and asked asylum.
A person who makes such dramatic change of heart within two weeks might have taken indeed much longer time if he turns sour towards the Abiy administration within six months. That however is a charitable statement.
His disdain to Birhanu seemed to me personal. When Berket Simon was charged with corruption, Yared was one of among a few who said he could not do it.
His TPLF created “Amhara” politicians either thrown to prison, or ceased to exist from the political scene, Yared is obviously bitter. He might have thought his former comrade , Birhanu, might have the lion’s share for their nonexistent. I do have a different interpretation however. The political change pushed them aside. Get over it.