Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
DefendTheTruth
Member+

OPFist, Please help me out here!

Post by DefendTheTruth » 10 Jun 2021, 18:05

We used to say, almost for the last 3 decades or so, OPDO is the servant of TPLF and not the true representation of the Oromo people, we said its members are either tooth-less or are just serving their own personal interests, abba garaa woch was their nick (those who are living for their bellies).

OPDO beat its former master, real or perceived, and now became the upper hand of the power balance.

While OPDO that we called such name has become now independent, OLF, which was calling it such name before all along, has now took the former position of the OPDO and became the servant of the same TPLF (federalist hayloch comes to mind here).

I am now really much confused about what changed, why the status change of the two entities?

This may be the question of the century.

Yakume
Member+

Re: OPFist, Please help me out here!

Post by Yakume » 11 Jun 2021, 05:51

I don't think he and the others can answer that question. Therefore, only the ordinary people of Oromo and the TPLF leaders can answer these questions. But if you try to answer, the problem is that there is no difference between OPDO and OLF. They both have a narrow mind about the future of their own Oromo people and the country, and how to lead peoples.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Re: OPFist, Please help me out here!

Post by DefendTheTruth » 11 Jun 2021, 14:54

Yakume wrote:
11 Jun 2021, 05:51
I don't think he and the others can answer that question. Therefore, only the ordinary people of Oromo and the TPLF leaders can answer these questions. But if you try to answer, the problem is that there is no difference between OPDO and OLF. They both have a narrow mind about the future of their own Oromo people and the country, and how to lead peoples.
Well,
OPDO is called today PP and I should have used the qualifier "former", today's PP is former OPDO. If you are referring to OPDO, then you are referring to a non-existent entity.

PP's Oromia Branch is praised by many sides, both from Oromia and outside of it, as a role model of economic growth and dedication to the cause of the people, public service, and that is what we need to get from a political party anywhere.

Ato Agengew Tesheger, Amhara Region's president, said recently at one of the many occasions the Oromia region is hosting this days, "you are our role model of sustainable development, we should emulate your exemplary engagement in this regard to our respective regions, you are sacrificing your own life to protect the other people residing in your region, the majority of which is the Amhara people, and we are greatful for that to you". He also added "there is no any ethnic group in the country that is not residing in Oromia region, the bulk majority of this is our own Amhara people, thank you for your hospitality to them" (this is my recollection of my listening to his speech).

So, if you have any different cause, then blame PP based on concrete accusations against it but that doesn't answer my cardinal question of the switch of position between the two entities in the name of political organisation.

Like I said already this is the puzzle of the century and OPFist should feel himself/herself obliged to answer this instead of his/her endless recycling of the Amharanet/Oromonet gibberish scribbling. It is very boring, to say the least.