Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Abaymado

Africa is rising, how?

Post by Abaymado » 06 Jun 2021, 13:46

Probably people get confused or may have negative feeling about it but the real situation on the ground is Africa is rising in all sectors. Let's see each sectors one by one.

Construction sector:

This sector is booming with an expecting pace. After say 50 years African's cities could become very attractive cities in the world. Regarding Ethiopia, I remember some years ago while TPLF is in power, just below the Minilik palace, the place was full of tattered and corrugated sheet houses. And I was shocked when I see foreigners start capturing pictures of these worrying slums. Now after years this place with light of speed changed looking like one of European's cities. Indeed TPLF already dismantled this badly constructed villages at the end of its power.

Similarly, I can say all African countries are showing huge progress in construction sectors, and after 50 years Africa will become one of the best attractive cities in the world.

Automotive sectors:

in this sector Africa is showing good start including Ethiopia. one of the striving effort in Ethiopia is an assembly plant. As we all know some years back the public transport buses was give services which was purchased from Germany and they were the only competitors in the country. indeed the Germany made 'DAF Mercedes' was very strong and robust. But now because of this assembly plant, I can say fully the whole public buses are become home made assembly buses. They are attractive but there is a question with their durability. Whatever it is with time everything will improve. Every possible must be made to make indigenous cars.

In other African countries, say Nigeria has notable assembly plants. but one exceptional company -Innosen, is making Nigerians car from scratch. I don't know how they are managed to produce the motor and electrical part locally.

watch this video:

Abaymado

Re: Africa is rising, how?

Post by Abaymado » 06 Jun 2021, 15:17

Unfortunately, in Ethiopia we haven't yet pick up cars assembled locally. African roads should be filled with locally made cars.