Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum

Abere

Re: Sudan's FM says Ethiopia's intransigence over GERD may drag region into 'ominous slides'

Post by Abere » 06 Jun 2021, 13:25

I think the best solution for Sudan and Egypt is to import water from their former colonizer country of the United Kingdom/Britain, not asking Ethiopia to give away her water freely. That will happen when Sudan and Egypt pays for it. Whatever crap their former master colonizer scribbled is not a Biblical text, they can wipe their @ss with it and flash it down.

EthioRedSea

Re: Sudan's FM says Ethiopia's intransigence over GERD may drag region into 'ominous slides'

Post by EthioRedSea » 06 Jun 2021, 15:48

Sudan and Egypt are practically against Ethiopia using the dam. It is already late. The dam is 80% complete. Sudan should withdraw her troops from Ethiopia. Egypt and Sudan are or have been sabotaging Ethiopia. They exploited Ethiopia ethnic division to their advantage. They have armed Tigray, Eritrea and Oromo+ Somali.

Too many countries blackmailing Ethiopia. I want Abiy Ahmed to be brought to justice for crimes in Tigray but I oppose Sudan occupying Ethiopian sovereign lands.

Aba

Post by Aba » 06 Jun 2021, 21:46

EthioRedSea wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 15:48
Sudan and Egypt are practically against Ethiopia using the dam. It is already late. The dam is 80% complete. Sudan should withdraw her troops from Ethiopia. Egypt and Sudan are or have been sabotaging Ethiopia. They exploited Ethiopia ethnic division to their advantage. They have armed Tigray, Eritrea and Oromo+ Somali.

Too many countries blackmailing Ethiopia. I want Abiy Ahmed to be brought to justice for crimes in Tigray but I oppose Sudan occupying Ethiopian sovereign lands.
Abere wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 13:25
I think the best solution for Sudan and Egypt is to import water from their former colonizer country of the United Kingdom/Britain, not asking Ethiopia to give away her water freely. That will happen when Sudan and Egypt pays for it. Whatever crap their former master colonizer scribbled is not a Biblical text, they can wipe their @ss with it and flash it down.
You two don't understand that there are already established international laws regarding water on rivers that have been flowing for ages. You may live in western countries and should look into how states share water that flow through them. The downstream countries have as much rights to the water as the upper riparian countries. Especially when the downstream countries have much lower rainfall such as Egypt who depends on the Nile for 90%+ for its water needs.
The solution is for Ethiopia to grow up and negotiate a workable solution without causing so much consternation to the neighbors who depend on the river for their people survival and basic livelihood.

EthioRedSea

Post by EthioRedSea » 07 Jun 2021, 10:34

The Nile belongs to Ethiopia. Ethiopia will all responsibilities for the fair distribution of water for riparian countries. As usual Ethiopia's water needs should be met first. In general Ethiopia is more humanistic than Egypt and Sudan.Ethiopians are usually rational but we do not want any country to get involved in how and when we use our resources.

The Nile has enough for all countries. Egypt is dependent on NIle. This does not mean Ethiopia should not use the Nile for pp agriculture , tourism or hydropower . We do not need to fight about NIle. Egypt should stop claiming the Nile for it belongs to Ethiopia.