Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum

Abdisa
Member+

Re: The funeral of Ambassador Araya Desta was held in Asmara! RIP HERO

Post by Abdisa » 06 Jun 2021, 14:23

Rest In Peace to the Gallant Man who left his mark on the UN for being a person of principles, honesty and integrity. Eritrea lost a good man. My condolences to the Eritrean people.

Fiyameta

Post by Fiyameta » 06 Jun 2021, 14:42

RIP my hero. Thank you for your selfless service in keeping our country Eritrea an oasis of peace and stability in the middle of turmoil.

sesame
Member+

Post by sesame » 06 Jun 2021, 14:54

Araya Desta had so much energy and zeal that it was impossible to catch up with him. He could accomplish 5 tasks when ordinary people could not manage 1. His service to Eritrea is distinguished. But his service to the Tigrayans was also immense. He devoted almost half of his time to helping the starving Tigrayans in the 1980s when he was head of the Eritrean Relief Association in Canada. His contribution to the formation of REST, the Tigrayan relief organization, was vital. Tigrayans had little presence in the West and the few educated ones despised the TPLF and would not help. It was Eritreans who were helping the starving Tigrayans. All of that was forgotten by the back-stabbing Tigrayans.

Rest in Peace Araya!

Fiyameta

Post by Fiyameta » 06 Jun 2021, 15:58

sesame wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 14:54
Araya Desta had so much energy and zeal that it was impossible to catch up with him. He could accomplish 5 tasks when ordinary people could not manage 1. His service to Eritrea is distinguished. But his service to the Tigrayans was also immense. He devoted almost half of his time to helping the starving Tigrayans in the 1980s when he was head of the Eritrean Relief Association in Canada. His contribution to the formation of REST, the Tigrayan relief organization, was vital. Tigrayans had little presence in the West and the few educated ones despised the TPLF and would not help. It was Eritreans who were helping the starving Tigrayans. All of that was forgotten by the back-stabbing Tigrayans.

Rest in Peace Araya!
Thank you for sharing the historical facts that made me wonder, if the terrorist agame almaze's survival of the 1984 famine is attributed to Ambassador Araya's goodwill and generosity, the posthumous back-stabbing and demonizing of the great man by the ungrateful terrorist agame alamze could and should discourage Eritreans from extending a similar gesture of goodwill going forward. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. I, personally, wouldn't even urinate on the ungrateful terrorist agame if they were on fire. :x :x

Temt
Member+

Post by Temt » 06 Jun 2021, 18:34

That is the point. The treachery and open wickedness of the ungrateful ሓሳዳት Agames is beyond human comprehension. After all the help we have been providing them during their hours of need, and after we placed them in Addis Ababa, it is mindboggling how connived they have been towards Eritreans! :evil: :mrgreen: :twisted:

sesame
Member+

Post by sesame » 06 Jun 2021, 19:23

Here is the EriTv reportage about the funeral of Ambassador Araya Desta.

Fed_Up
Senior Member+

Post by Fed_Up » 06 Jun 2021, 21:53

Hero dies after victory in glory. Thank you for serving and defended Eritrea and Eritreans in the world Arenas, Tegadalay/Ambassador, Wedi DesTa. Thank You!! May your soul Rest In Peace.

Aba

Post by Aba » 06 Jun 2021, 22:13

Did the tyrant show his respect for the stooge? No. R.I.P.

Fiyameta

Post by Fiyameta » 06 Jun 2021, 22:25

Fed_Up wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 21:53
Hero dies after victory in glory. Thank you for serving and defended Eritrea and Eritreans in the world Arenas, Tegadalay/Ambassador, Wedi DesTa. Thank You!! May your soul Rest In Peace.
I was thinking along the same lines too. Our Kubur ambassador was indeed lucky to have seen the fruit of his labor. The total destruction of the TPLF terrorist organization was his reward. I got to say he died a happy man. RIP. 8)