Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
temari

PP failed to understand Addis Ababans and will be badly beaten in the upcoming Election

Post by temari » 05 Jun 2021, 03:39

I hoped PP will do better in Addis Ababa but the last anti western demo in the Addis Ababa stadium showed the weakness of PP in that how PP doesn't have much support in Addis Ababa. With all the efforts of the thousands of PP cadres in Addis and the media calls, PP could only able to gather some 20k protesters.

I talked to few residents of Addis (not representative at all) and tried to understand what is the reason why people are not following PP in mass. I got different reasons and the main one is the insane corruption in the city institutions. The level of corruption, I was told has reached to never seen levels. Officials will openly give you a bank account number (most likely from their relatives) and tell you to transfer money and bring the bank confirmation paper before you get services. I was told Addis Ababans are sick and tired of it and blame it right on PP, especially PP Oromia because I was told Oromo domination of the city administration is very visible (this is of course subjective perception, I don't have the numbers).

The next thing I got told is that PP is still in the "ብሄር ብሄረሰቦች" mode just like EPRDF, a mentality many Addis Ababans don't feel attachment. I understand PP very well on this one but Addis Ababans just don't like too much "ብሄር ብሄረሰቦች". They love to see Ethiopians as one entity. PP is busy doing many "beherseboch" stuff. Today it is Amhara cultural center, tomorrow it is Oromo something and then it is some other ethnic group. It is all about ethnicity. I was told this is too much for many Addis Ababans. They feel like this is the same ethnic division politics of EPRDF. What they want to hear is Ethiopian stuff for all not based on ethnicity. Even though I don't agree with this mentality but this is how many Addis Ababan's see. PP's problem in this regard is more of a clash of mentality and culture, not being wrong necessarily.

One of the organizers of the Ethiopia week, where many ethnic groups presented their culture, told me that the participation of Addis Ababan's on that event was very minimal. She told me how she tried to convince her friends to come and visit but many declined. She said many think this EPRDF "ብሄር ብሄረሰቦች" thing is simply backward tribalism. She told me her friends want to see modern things and events that all Ethiopians are seen as an entity. She also told me they just have a bad taste during the boring cadre days of EPRDF.

The main problem I see with PP is that the actors in Addis Ababa are mainly PP Oromia and PP Amhara both of whom come from ""ብሄር ብሄረሰቦች" background and they display their values and who they are but they are just out of sync with the mentality of Addis Ababans. What PP needs is a fully independent PP Addis Ababa (which I think it is trying to build) that is fully run by Addis Ababans. Some of the people I talked told me that PP just don't get it. They just don't understand it.

Other things that might also be punished in the election and some have raised is that people think PP is distributing too much land now before the election. I can't confirm this but they have the impression, PP may be knowing that it will lose in Addis and is now distributing land in mass. Addis Ababans have a bad memory during the 2005 election and how EPRDF/TPLF did the same thing days before the election fearing it is about to lose the upcoming election. Some feel PP is doing the same thing days before the election.

As if that is not enough, PP recently opened an "Oromo" court in (the outskirts?) of Addis Ababa and told the media that now Oromo residents of Addis Ababa can gate court service there. This is insane. How can the residents of the same city get court service based on their ethnic background? Addis Ababas are used to get service without being asked about your ethnic background but PP comes up with such genius idea of giving Addis Ababans service based on ethnicity. Great! Now even Ezema protested and brought this issue to the general attorney.

I think PP is done in Addis! PP just don't get it when it comes to Addis. One observer told me "ብልጽግና እና ባልደራስ ለአቅመ አዲስ አበባ አልደረሱም" :lol:

Sadly and surprisingly for me it seems Balderas has more supporters than PP in Addis.

tolcha

Re: PP failed to understand Addis Ababans and will be badly beaten in the upcoming Election

Post by tolcha » 05 Jun 2021, 04:44

Hmmmmmmmm, now your spine is clearly exposed. Yes Ezema would definitely get some seats, forget Balderas and ABN or other Gim Nefxegna parties. Definitely, PP will get the upper hands in AA.

Abaymado

Re: PP failed to understand Addis Ababans and will be badly beaten in the upcoming Election

Post by Abaymado » 05 Jun 2021, 05:20

temari wrote:
05 Jun 2021, 03:39
I hoped PP will do better in Addis Ababa but the last anti western demo in the Addis Ababa stadium showed the weakness of PP in that how PP doesn't have much support in Addis Ababa. With all the efforts of the thousands of PP cadres in Addis and the media calls, PP could only able to gather some 20k protesters.

I talked to few residents of Addis (not representative at all) and tried to understand what is the reason why people are not following PP in mass.

Who the fk are you? Are you PP's cadre or PP's journalist?
[/color] I got different reasons and the main one is the insane corruption in the city institutions. The level of corruption, I was told has reached to never seen levels. Officials will openly give you a bank account number (most likely from their relatives) and tell you to transfer money and bring the bank confirmation paper before you get services. I was told Addis Ababans are sick and tired of it and blame it right on PP, especially PP Oromia because I was told Oromo domination of the city administration is very visible (this is of course subjective perception, I don't have the numbers).

The next thing I got told is that PP is still in the "ብሄር ብሄረሰቦች" mode just like EPRDF, a mentality many Addis Ababans don't feel attachment. I understand PP very well on this one but Addis Ababans just don't like too much "ብሄር ብሄረሰቦች". They love to see Ethiopians as one entity. PP is busy doing many "beherseboch" stuff. Today it is Amhara cultural center, tomorrow it is Oromo something and then it is some other ethnic group. It is all about ethnicity. I was told this is too much for many Addis Ababans. They feel like this is the same ethnic division politics of EPRDF. What they want to hear is Ethiopian stuff for all not based on ethnicity. Even though I don't agree with this mentality but this is how many Addis Ababan's see. PP's problem in this regard is more of a clash of mentality and culture, not being wrong necessarily.

One of the organizers of the Ethiopia week, where many ethnic groups presented their culture, told me that the participation of Addis Ababan's on that event was very minimal. She told me how she tried to convince her friends to come and visit but many declined. She said many think this EPRDF "ብሄር ብሄረሰቦች" thing is simply backward tribalism. She told me her friends want to see modern things and events that all Ethiopians are seen as an entity. She also told me they just have a bad taste during the boring cadre days of EPRDF.

The main problem I see with PP is that the actors in Addis Ababa are mainly PP Oromia and PP Amhara both of whom come from ""ብሄር ብሄረሰቦች" background and they display their values and who they are but they are just out of sync with the mentality of Addis Ababans. What PP needs is a fully independent PP Addis Ababa (which I think it is trying to build) that is fully run by Addis Ababans. Some of the people I talked told me that PP just don't get it. They just don't understand it.

Other things that might also be punished in the election and some have raised is that people think PP is distributing too much land now before the election. I can't confirm this but they have the impression, PP may be knowing that it will lose in Addis and is now distributing land in mass. Addis Ababans have a bad memory during the 2005 election and how EPRDF/TPLF did the same thing days before the election fearing it is about to lose the upcoming election. Some feel PP is doing the same thing days before the election.

As if that is not enough, PP recently opened an "Oromo" court in (the outskirts?) of Addis Ababa and told the media that now Oromo residents of Addis Ababa can gate court service there. This is insane. How can the residents of the same city get court service based on their ethnic background? Addis Ababas are used to get service without being asked about your ethnic background but PP comes up with such genius idea of giving Addis Ababans service based on ethnicity. Great! Now even Ezema protested and brought this issue to the general attorney.

I think PP is done in Addis! PP just don't get it when it comes to Addis. One observer told me "ብልጽግና እና ባልደራስ ለአቅመ አዲስ አበባ አልደረሱም" :lol:

Sadly and surprisingly for me it seems Balderas has more supporters than PP in Addis.

The person who think PP's mouthpiece.
Couldn't make it short?

temari

Post by temari » 05 Jun 2021, 06:12

tolcha wrote:
05 Jun 2021, 04:44
Hmmmmmmmm, now your spine is clearly exposed. Yes Ezema would definitely get some seats, forget Balderas and ABN or other Gim Nefxegna parties. Definitely, PP will get the upper hands in AA.
I wish tolcha, I wish but that is not what is happening. See my previous posts on Balderas, which I clearly stated Balderas became a one ethnic party thanks to the stupidity of Eskender but whether we like it or not Balderas will get many votes. I wish and hope either Ezema or PP win. Realistically though, it looks like the race is between Ezema and Balderas. Hopefully Ezema will win.

Having said that Addis Ababans still strongly support PM Abiy. That is also the weird thing. They just don't wish PP to administer their city but their support for PM Abiy seem still strong.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 05 Jun 2021, 11:10

temari wrote:
05 Jun 2021, 03:39

I talked to few residents of Addis (not representative at all) and tried to understand what is the reason why people are not following PP in mass. I got different reasons and the main one is the insane corruption in the city institutions. The level of corruption, I was told has reached to never seen levels. Officials will openly give you a bank account number (most likely from their relatives) and tell you to transfer money and bring the bank confirmation paper before you get services. I was told Addis Ababans are sick and tired of it and blame it right on PP, especially PP Oromia because I was told Oromo domination of the city administration is very visible (this is of course subjective perception, I don't have the numbers).

You could have made that long article by just saying if Addis residents are for diversity or uniformity.

Abere

Post by Abere » 05 Jun 2021, 11:52

All the descriptions and accounts of PP in Addis Ababa is correct. PP exists in Addis Ababa by force not by the will of the people. In my opinion, PP is even worse than TPLF when it comes to most of the situations currently on the ground in Addis Ababa. First, I am 101% accurate the election will be 101% fraudulent in Addis Ababa, stolen by PP. If the election to be hold in Addis Ababa is completely transparent and democratic, let alone ባልደራስ any weakest party (nonethnic denomination) can beat PP. Although I don't have detail knowledge of ባልደራስ, the account provided about this Addis Ababian party is apparently false. ባልደራስ is a household name in Addis Ababa, not because of political stunts as often staged by OLF-PP but because of what it has done to the city in times of the most precarious and trying times - city overtaken OLF-PP agitated thugs led by Jawar and perhaps with the green light from OLF- PP head office. Mixing apple and oranges looks like an attempt to underwrite the crimes of OLF-PP by implicating ባልደራስ in the sole drama of PP. It is guaranteed PP will steal it all, election in Ethiopia is meaningless. My only prayer, may the day of the fraud day election pass peacefully without taking the lives of innocent citizens. That is why ኢሣይያስ አፈወርቅ should be appreciated for not playing childish game of staging fake election and avoiding talk of nonsense of rebel thugs constitutions. First, the people and the country should start with the basic. Where are the basics in Ethiopia? None.

Lakeshore

Post by Lakeshore » 05 Jun 2021, 12:02

by tolcha » Today, 04:44

ኣር ላይ ተቀምጦ ፈስ ገማኝ ማለት አራስን ጠንቅቆ ካለማወቅ ድንቁርና የመጣ ነው። ማን ግም አንደሆነ ሆድህ አያወቀ ለምን ንገሩኝ ባይ ት ሆናልህ

Abere

Post by Abere » 05 Jun 2021, 12:11

If election were held today and were democratic, ባልደራስ would bag more than 95% of the votes at Addis Ababa. The most alien, ODP-PP would take 0.01% of the votes; Ezema 2% and ABN 2.91%. This is not hypothetical this is heuristically correct.

Lakeshore

Post by Lakeshore » 06 Jun 2021, 01:32

በኣጠቃላይ በሃሳብህ ሙሉ በሙሉ አስማማለሁ የውየኔ መውደቅ ነው ኣብይን አንዸግፍ የሚያደርገኝ አና ብዛ ምንም ለዩነት የለኝም። ቀንደኛ ጠላታችን ወያኔ ኣሁንም የግባንበትን የዘር ፖለቲካ ያምጣብን። ነገር ግን ምንጩ መራባውያን አንደሆኑ ከኣጸ ተዎድሮስ ጊዜ በጣልይን አና በግሊዝ ቀጥተኛ ወረራ ብሎም ኣጉራብች ኣገሮችን በመጠቅም ብሎም ኤሪትረያን በማስገንጠል አና ኣሁንም ተመሳ ሳይ ሁኔታ ለምፍጠር አይተጉ ነው አና ጠላት ለምን ጠላት ሆነ ብለን እለምን ለምዋጋት መነሳት የለብንም ተግባራዊ ኣይደለምና።

ግን የምእራባዊያኑን ኣላም የሚያራመዱ በጥቅም የተገዙ ኣገር በቀል ቡድኖችንን አና ጠባብ በሄርተኞችን ብግልጽ መቃወም ያስፈልጋል። አን ዓብየ በተልይ ወያኔ አንዲወድቅ ባደረጉት ኣስተውጾ ሊደገፉ የሚገባ ነው ግን ሌላ የኦርሞ ወያኔ ሊፈጥሩ አና ዬስላሞችን ኣላም ለማራመድ የሚጥሩ አንዲሁም የኦርሞን ተስፋፊነት መታገሳቸው ደግሞ ይሚያስወቅስ ብቻ ሳይሆን ልንዋጋቸው ይገባል። ለሰው ልጅ ህይወት ዋጋ የማይሰጥ ወይም ኣምራ ሲገደል ኣይቶ አንዳላየ መሆን ከምግደል ሚንም የሚልይ ኣይደለም።

ኣዲስ ኣበባን ብናይ በነ ታከለ ኡማ ስትመዘበር አንደን አስክንደር ያሉ ያል ሃጥያታቸው በሃሰት የኦሮሞ ስጋት ስለሆኑ ብቻ መታሰር ኣይቶ ዝም ማለት ተባባሪ መሆን ነው። የህዝብን ኮንዶሚኒኡም ሲዘርፉ አና ለኣንድ ብሄር ኣብላት ሲስጥ ዚም ማለት ለባ መሆን ንው። ከዛ የጠገበውን ላባ ወደ ሌላ ለብነት ቦታ ማዛወር አና ኣዲስ ሌባ አንደ ኣን ኣዳነች ኣበበ ኣይነቶችን ኣምጥቶ ህዝቡን የማያውቁት ህዝቡም ይማያቃቸው አና የማይወከላቸው መሾም አና ፵ ሚሊዮን በር በባንክ ኣችቾኡንትዋ ትገኝቶ ያንን ኣለም መተየቅ አራሱም ለብነት ነው አና ኣብይ አራሱ ሌባ ንው።

ይውምይካድራ ጭፍጨፋን አማያ ወግዝ የጉራፈርዳን የጋምበላን የጌድዮን አማያወግዝ አራሱ ጨፍጫፊ ነው። ሱዳን ኣገራችንን ወረራ መሬታችንን ስታርስ ዝም ማለት ኣትሊስት ኣለማውገዝ አና ቪዛ ሲከለከል ግን ቡራ ከረዩ ማለት አራሱ ከሱዳን ወራሪ ያልተለየ ጸረ ኢትዮጵያዊ ዘረኛ ኦሮሞ አንድሆነ የሚያሳይ ነው። ያለ ምክኛት ኣይደለም የህንን ናርሲ ሲስት ኣብይን የምንቃወመው። ጥሩ ሲያደርግ ደግሞ አንደግፋለን ወያኔን መዋጋቱ ያም ቢሆን በኣብዛኛው የኣምራ ሃይል አና ኤርትራ ውንደሞጫችን ናቸው አንጂ የኦርሞ ልዩ ሃይል ገብሬዎችን ከምግደል አና ከማፈናቀል አና ከመዘረፍ ሌላ ምንም ያዳረገው አደሌለ የታወቃል።

ኣሁን በቀርቡ አንኳን ለኣፋር የትግራይን ኣንድ ቀበሌ ሰጠ ተባል ግን ኣምራ በደሙ ያስመለሰውን ወልቃይት፤ጠገዴ፣ ራይን አና ሎሎቹን ግን የናቴ መቀነት ኣደናቅፈኝ አያለ ነው። የሱዳን ንንም ወረራ ኣማራ ላይ ብቻ አንደተደርገ በማየት ያንን አንኩዋን በግልጽ ሲቃወም ተሰምቶ ኣይታወቅም፣ ይህ ሁሉ ኣብይ የንሚያራምደው የዘር ፕሊቲካ ውጤት ነው። አንዲያውም ከሱዳን የበለጠ የኢትዮጵያ ኣንድነ ስጋት ኦሮሞ አና የኦርሞ ኣስተሳሰብ ንው በኣሁኑ ስኣት።

በኣዲስ ኣበባ ወስጥ ያሉ ኦሮሞዎች በዲስ ኣበባ ዙርያ ትናንት በተቋቋመ የኦሮሞ ብቻ ፈርደቤት ይዳኛሉ የሚል ኣዲስ የዘቀጠ የኣፓርታየድ ኣይነት ፖሊትቻ አያራመዱ ሚንሊክ ሃወልት የፍረስ አያሉ ኢትዮጵያ ኢትዮጵያ አያሉ የኣዞ አምባ ማፈሰስ ንደ ወያኔ ራስን ከማሞኘት የላቀ ምንም ፍይዳ የለውም። አንደዛ ከሆነ ኦሮሞዎች ኣዺስ ኣበባ ወስጥ ደምጽ አንዳይሰጡ መከልከል ኣለባቸው ምክኛቱም ለማይስተዳድራቸው መንግስት ደምጽ ሊስጡ ኣይገባም አና ነው። አንደት ቢባል ኣዲስ ኣበባ አየኖሩ ኦሮምያ የሚዳኑ ከሆነና በኦሮሚያ ፍርደበት በደል ቢደርስባቸው ያያልመረጡት ሃላፊ ስለሆነ በነሱላይ ኣይችልም። ይሄ የነ ሼምለስ ኣብዲሳ አና ኣብይ የኦርሞ ቁማር አንጂ ፖሊቲካ ውይም ፍልስፈና ሊሆን ኣይችልም። ቁማር ደግሞ ፊጣዊ ኣይደለም በቱ ሰማኛ በምቶ ሁልጊዜ አንዲያሸንፍ ተደርጎ የተሰራ ነው ውይም ህጋዊ ላብነት ማልት ነው።

ስለዚህ የኣመሪካን አና የመራብያኑ ማአቅብ የኣብይን አና ዮሮሞ ብሄርትኞችን የኢትዮጵያውያን ደጋፍ በጣም ዋጋ ያለው መሆኑን አና ያለ ህዝብ ደጋፍ የምኖር ህልውናቸውን ኣደጋል ያጣለ ምሆኑን የተረዱበት ነገር ግን ግና በደንብ ያልተዋጠላቸው አንደው ማን ሃይለኛ ቃላት ተናገር ወደሚል ወዽድር የገቡ የመስላል። የዲፕሎማቲክ ችገር አንዳለባቸው አና ብዙም ከዘር ፖሊቲካ የተለየ አውቀት የለላቸው ጠባቦች የተሰበሰቡበት ብልጽግና አና የኦሮሞ ፓርቲውች ልክ ወያኔ አንድሚያደርገው የደግስ አና የምረቃ ግብዣ ዎችን በማድረግ ፍረሃታቸውን ለመደበቅ አየጣሩ ያገኛሉ። ብትክክል መሆን የነበረበት አወነታውን ተረደተው ከልል መንግስታቶችን ኣቅም አና በጀት በመገደብ ልዩ ሃይሎቻቸውን ወደ መከላከያ መክተት አና ትኩረታቸውን በድንበር አና በወያኔ ላይ በማድረግ አንዲሁም የክልሎችን ደንበር በማስወገድ የሀብረተሰቡን ነጻንት በማረጋገጥ የውስጥ ችግሮችን ማትፋት ንው።

Lakeshore

Post by Lakeshore » 07 Jun 2021, 16:11

Again the Orommuma Adanech Abebeb another cheating skim is exposed. With a month time remaining for the so called election and the ormmuma paranoia of losing Addis Ababa is sky rocketing. They are using every trick they learn from the Agame JUNTA to steal and accumulate wealth illegibly.

Once sho lost her position she knows she will be prosecuted for theft and embezzlement she is doing every thing to make her way out by and making a fraudulent deal with different known criminal companies. The current developing 500,000 residential house in the out skirt of Addis Ababa deal she made with south Africa company with one page web sight is a prove of corruption and incompetency at is best in a very grand scale more blatant than the agame JUNTA. She put in auction the JUNTA ill gotten buildings and business while she is embezzling more than what they did.

The funny thing is that Abyie is pretending and looks engaged and covered the eyes of Amhara biltstsigna by cutting ribbons while his friends like Adanach and Shameless loot Addis Ababa.