Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
pushkin
Member+

The strategic importance of Eritrean ports!!!!

Post by pushkin » 03 Jun 2021, 18:08

ERITREA has two main ports, Assab and Massawa. The key importance of these two ports are they are located on the sea lane that connects Europe with the Persian Gulf and the countries bordering the Indian and Pacific Oceans.

Kuasmeda
Member+

Re: The strategic importance of Eritrean ports!!!!

Post by Kuasmeda » 03 Jun 2021, 18:20

Fiyameta

Post by Fiyameta » 03 Jun 2021, 21:54

The US didn't want to be asked to leave Eritrea if the highly strategic country were to be granted its rightful independence like all other African countries under colonization did at that time, so the US engineered the forced annexation of Eritrea to its African neo-colony known as Ethiopia, which afforded the US the luxury of only paying rent to the feudal Ethiopian emperor, and not worry about being asked to leave the strategic location which the emperor knew it wasn't his.

The evil emperor collected a lot of rent money from the misery and suffering of the Eritrean people. But when Karma got him, and got him good, he got deposed and buried under his own toilet's sink by the Derg communist regime. And the first thing the communist Soviet Union did was ask the US to leave Eritrea.

The US could have avoided its forced expulsion from Eritrea had it allowed the Eritrean people to be granted their independence and then politely ask if it could have a military base in the country. But that did not happen, because when all you know is cowboy diplomacy, you see yourself as a hammer and everything looks like a nail, until another power comes along wielding a hammer and a sickle to end your reckless adventure.

To be honest with you, I didn't even know how IMPORTANT my country Eritrea's strategic location was until I discovered that the US was actually providing food aid to the Derg communist regime to feed its hapless conscripts fighting a losing war in Eritrea. I'm not kidding you! (See the chart below). Our Eritrean fighters were dismayed to see captured Ethiopian soldiers carrying Soviet-made weapons and American food-aid. A paradox! The mother of all paradoxes! Read below to learn why the US was feeding the Derg soldiers whom it was counting to stop the Eritrean people from achieving their independence.

Eritrea’s Success will be an Embarrassment to Africa: Thomas Keneally

“Do you know what the emergency really is? You want to hear about the really big emergency? The emergency is that if you guys [Eritreans] succeed [using your principle of self-reliance], you’ll be an embarrassment to Africa. Who wants a setup like yours? There aren’t many governments on this continent that do. There aren’t many governments in Europe. Colored folk who can look after themselves? It isn’t viable. It upsets the world picture. Don’t you know the West has to believe famine’s an act of God? If they believe that, they only have to make a donation. But if they believe it’s an act of bloody politics, they have to really do something, and that’s too, too complicated. So what is the story? The story is you guys will fall on your own f-ucking swords, because you’ve got this crazy idea that the world will allow you to be perfect!

‘These guys [Eritreans] are astounding! Running all this. And you know what? The world hates ‘em for it! The world hooked into the idea of ‘the helpless Africans!

“You know what I think? They are brave to the point of folly and they’re clever to the point of being dumb. No one absolutely no one, from Washington to Moscow, wants them to succeed. No one. … God’s even taken the rain away from them, for Christ’s sake. Even he thinks they’re wrong-headed. The sin of pride … the sin of being sharp when no one wants them to be.”

Temt
Member+

Post by Temt » 03 Jun 2021, 22:44

Fiyameta wrote:
03 Jun 2021, 21:54
The US didn't want to be asked to leave Eritrea if the highly strategic country were to be granted its rightful independence like all other African countries under colonization did at that time, so the US engineered the forced annexation of Eritrea to its African neo-colony known as Ethiopia, which afforded the US the luxury of only paying rent to the feudal Ethiopian emperor, and not worry about being asked to leave the strategic location which the emperor knew it wasn't his.

The evil emperor collected a lot of rent money from the misery and suffering of the Eritrean people. But when Karma got him, and got him good, he got deposed and buried under his own toilet's sink by the Derg communist regime. And the first thing the communist Soviet Union did was ask the US to leave Eritrea.

The US could have avoided its forced expulsion from Eritrea had it allowed the Eritrean people to be granted their independence and then politely ask if it could have a military base in the country. But that did not happen, because when all you know is cowboy diplomacy, you see yourself as a hammer and everything looks like a nail, until another power comes along wielding a hammer and a sickle to end your reckless adventure.

To be honest with you, I didn't even know how IMPORTANT my country Eritrea's strategic location was until I discovered that the US was actually providing food aid to the Derg communist regime to feed its hapless conscripts fighting a losing war in Eritrea. I'm not kidding you! (See the chart below). Our Eritrean fighters were dismayed to see captured Ethiopian soldiers carrying Soviet-made weapons and American food-aid. A paradox! The mother of all paradoxes! Read below to learn why the US was feeding the Derg soldiers whom it was counting to stop the Eritrean people from achieving their independence.

“Do you know what the emergency really is? You want to hear about the really big emergency? The emergency is that if you guys [Eritreans] succeed [using your principle of self-reliance], you’ll be an embarrassment to Africa. Who wants a setup like yours? There aren’t many governments on this continent that do. There aren’t many governments in Europe. Colored folk who can look after themselves? It isn’t viable. It upsets the world picture. Don’t you know the West has to believe famine’s an act of God? If they believe that, they only have to make a donation. But if they believe it’s an act of bloody politics, they have to really do something, and that’s too, too complicated. So what is the story? The story is you guys will fall on your own f-ucking swords, because you’ve got this crazy idea that the world will allow you to be perfect!

‘These guys [Eritreans] are astounding! Running all this. And you know what? The world hates ‘em for it! The world hooked into the idea of ‘the helpless Africans!

“You know what I think? They are brave to the point of folly and they’re clever to the point of being dumb. No one absolutely no one, from Washington to Moscow, wants them to succeed. No one. … God’s even taken the rain away from them, for Christ’s sake. Even he thinks they’re wrong-headed. The sin of pride … the sin of being sharp when no one wants them to be.”

Thanks, Fiyameta for a great observation!

Amole-Chew

Post by Amole-Chew » 03 Jun 2021, 23:22

you should write a book, and i say that as a compliment to your vast knowledge on the subject matter.
Fiyameta wrote:

Fiyameta

Post by Fiyameta » 04 Jun 2021, 16:25

Temt wrote:
03 Jun 2021, 22:44
Fiyameta wrote:

Thanks, Fiyameta for a great observation!

Thank you, brother Temt! The truth must be told, no matter what the blissfully ignorant say to the contrary.