Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Aba

Re: I call for foreign Minister Demeke Mekonnen to resign ASAP!

Post by Aba » 31 May 2021, 01:20

temari wrote:
30 May 2021, 20:14
Demeke played a major role in removing TPLF from power and I’ve a big respect for that but he is the wrong man to lead the foreign ministry. Under his watch we have lost Sudan, one of the closest friends of Ethiopia and now we are about to lose the US and the west. His performance in the foreign relations is absolutely devastating and is a big F.

Our foreign minister has no clue what his job is and is sitting idle while our country is heading to a disaster because of lack of professional diplomacy. I’m urging the government to move its arse and do something before things get out of hand. Sitting idle and clueless is the last thing what we need currently. Forget the Derg style slogans.

I’ve never thought that foreign ministry could be such a critical post for a country just like having a defense force. The feeling of having no good foreign ministry is for me just like having no defense forces and your country is wide open for any attack. This is a big lesson. We should never ever let clueless amateurs run the foreign ministry again. That’s just suicidal!
ጉልቻ መለዋወጥ ወጥ ኣያጣፍጥም
Better yet:
ኣህያውን ፈርቶ ዳውላዉን

You need to look into why your country is in shambles by reading truthful and objective analysis. Your problem is not the lowly Foreign Minister; it's Mamo qillo and issu jillo who plunged Ethiopia into a precipitous course. America has been a good friend of Ethiopia for generations. The Ethiopian people know it and will not go along with the foolish so-called leaders who are dragging the country into the abyss. America will not stand with your country as long as Mamo qillo and Issu jillo continue to perpetrate genocide, ethnic cleansing, war crimes and crimes against humanity

Read more: https://www.lawfareblog.com/ethiopias-t ... zjgQOL5OhI

temari

Post by temari » 31 May 2021, 03:08

Aba wrote:
31 May 2021, 01:20
temari wrote:
Demeke played a major role in removing TPLF from power and I’ve a big respect for that but he is the wrong man to lead the foreign ministry. Under his watch we have lost Sudan, one of the closest friends of Ethiopia and now we are about to lose the US and the west. His performance in the foreign relations is absolutely devastating and is a big F.

Our foreign minister has no clue what his job is and is sitting idle while our country is heading to a disaster because of lack of professional diplomacy. I’m urging the government to move its arse and do something before things get out of hand. Sitting idle and clueless is the last thing what we need currently. Forget the Derg style slogans.

I’ve never thought that foreign ministry could be such a critical post for a country just like having a defense force. The feeling of having no good foreign ministry is for me just like having no defense forces and your country is wide open for any attack. This is a big lesson. We should never ever let clueless amateurs run the foreign ministry again. That’s just suicidal!
ጉልቻ መለዋወጥ ወጥ ኣያጣፍጥም
Better yet:
ኣህያውን ፈርቶ ዳውላዉን

You need to look into why your country is in shambles by reading truthful and objective analysis. Your problem is not the lowly Foreign Minister; it's Mamo qillo and issu jillo who plunged Ethiopia into a precipitous course. America has been a good friend of Ethiopia for generations. The Ethiopian people know it and will not go along with the foolish so-called leaders who are dragging the country into the abyss. America will not stand with your country as long as Mamo qillo and Issu jillo continue to perpetrate genocide, ethnic cleansing, war crimes and crimes against humanity

Please... The woyanes were doing ethnic cleansing and many war crimes. How come Ethiopians didn't remember the US as human rights defender? It is national interest not human rights that drives the west's foreign policy. Criminal woyanes know that better :lol:

Deqi-Arawit

Post by Deqi-Arawit » 31 May 2021, 03:28

wedi medhin berad supporters are a waste of sperm, do you even bxxitches read What temari is writing before you label him as agame or woyane?

brother Temari, i hear you and I totally agree with you. Ethiopia cant afford to get in collusion course against the Western world unless you want to experience the Eritrean version of social justice on which every citizen is utterly poor, uneducated and pariah state.

Aba

Post by Aba » 31 May 2021, 05:34

temari wrote:
31 May 2021, 03:08
Aba wrote:
31 May 2021, 01:20
temari wrote:

ጉልቻ መለዋወጥ ወጥ ኣያጣፍጥም
Better yet:
ኣህያውን ፈርቶ ዳውላዉን

Please... The woyanes were doing ethnic cleansing and many war crimes. How come Ethiopians didn't remember the US as human rights defender? It is national interest not human rights that drives the west's foreign policy. Criminal woyanes know that better :lol:
In that case, go wallow in the mud. Fool. ታጥቦ ጭቃ

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 31 May 2021, 06:07

temari wrote:

temari,

I think Americans have been giving us wheat for about 40 years or so, ever when we got hungery and we thanked them and praised them for their help. We even went out and song about American greatness, we showed their symbol as a symbol of greatness. Many of us (at individual level) tried to get a t-shirt with American symbols and showed it in public as a sign of greatness. All those 40 years we remained poor and affected by the cycle of hunger, to go one more time and beg them for their wheat. For that we have to be greatful.

But we have to also admit that there is also another paradigm of fighting against poverty and helping the poor and this one is called help the poor to overcome its poverty.

We turned to china and suddenly we are also having a highway and railway in our country for the first time, these things are called infrastructure, which can help us overcome poverty in the future.

Americans are saying if you don't listen to what we prescribe to you, then we will cut our wheat and you will get starved. We reply, the big boss, but we have to be able to feed ourselves at one point ON OUR OWN, we can't remain to be feed-off your hands for ever.

The Americans are saying, no if you become able self-sufficient, then you will also be out of our sphere of influence and that is not welcome from out side.

The whole issue I understand is this fact, you may have your own version of understanding, if yes, then please elaborate.

The rally in Addis yesterday was a clear demonstration of the people's defiance against imposition form the outside on our fate.

We want to be allowed to choose what is better for us and trying to determine our future on our own.

If this is the case, then there is no point to remove mr. X and bring in mr. Y or mr. Z, it remains the same.
Why are you failing to see this?

If you have somehow developped a softspot for TPLF, then say it so, that is not a sin. TPLF is part of the Tigrean people and Tigreans are Ethiopians to the core. We have issue with the TPLF and we don't want to hurt the Tigreans for the sin of TPLF, if there is a clear violation of the rights of all kinds of Tigreans, then tell us and we will have to defend the citizens of our country. If we love Ethiopia, then we can't disavow Tigreans in any means.

So, say it clear and stand for what you believe in, else don't make some silly arguments.

temari

Post by temari » 31 May 2021, 07:20

DefendTheTruth wrote:
31 May 2021, 06:07
temari wrote:

temari,

I think Americans have been giving us wheat for about 40 years or so, ever when we got hungery and we thanked them and praised them for their help. We even went out and song about American greatness, we showed their symbol as a symbol of greatness. Many of us (at individual level) tried to get a t-shirt with American symbols and showed it in public as a sign of greatness. All those 40 years we remained poor and affected by the cycle of hunger, to go one more time and beg them for their wheat. For that we have to be greatful.

But we have to also admit that there is also another paradigm of fighting against poverty and helping the poor and this one is called help the poor to overcome its poverty.

We turned to china and suddenly we are also having a highway and railway in our country for the first time, these things are called infrastructure, which can help us overcome poverty in the future.

Americans are saying if you don't listen to what we prescribe to you, then we will cut our wheat and you will get starved. We reply, the big boss, but we have to be able to feed ourselves at one point ON OUR OWN, we can't remain to be feed-off your hands for ever.

The Americans are saying, no if you become able self-sufficient, then you will also be out of our sphere of influence and that is not welcome from out side.

The whole issue I understand is this fact, you may have your own version of understanding, if yes, then please elaborate.

The rally in Addis yesterday was a clear demonstration of the people's defiance against imposition form the outside on our fate.

We want to be allowed to choose what is better for us and trying to determine our future on our own.

If this is the case, then there is no point to remove mr. X and bring in mr. Y or mr. Z, it remains the same.
Why are you failing to see this?

If you have somehow developped a softspot for TPLF, then say it so, that is not a sin. TPLF is part of the Tigrean people and Tigreans are Ethiopians to the core. We have issue with the TPLF and we don't want to hurt the Tigreans for the sin of TPLF, if there is a clear violation of the rights of all kinds of Tigreans, then tell us and we will have to defend the citizens of our country. If we love Ethiopia, then we can't disavow Tigreans in any means.

So, say it clear and stand for what you believe in, else don't make some silly arguments.
Please stop the PP cadre wheat talk! That is just embarrassing. Believe me the US or the west will never stop its humanitarian aid no matter what. So stop talking about wheat, that is not the issue here and is just embarrassing!

And talking about Chinese influence in Ethiopia. Come on, PM Abiy in fact reduced our dependency on China way more than TPLF. We were burdened with huge Chinese loans to the point the state was bankrupted and TPLF left the state with empty coffers. TPLF was much more closer to China than PM Abiy. In fact the western institutions like the IMF and World bank never provided with such huge financial support like today, exactly because PM Abiy is moving the economy from a state run economy to private sector. Just recently the western supported and US directly financed Vodafone group won the telecom license in Ethiopia which TPLF never allowed.

What I'm saying is that the current diplomatic debacle has little to do with China. It has more to do with our incompetence at the foreign ministry to work hard to convince key western officials and make them friends and supporters of the government. Idly sitting and blaming our relations with China and everything under the sun is the exact disaster what I'm talking about.

The PP cadre talk of Wheat is just embarrassing and shows how PP cadres just don't get it when it comes to foreign relations. Wheat my behind!

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 31 May 2021, 07:52

temari wrote:
31 May 2021, 07:20

Please stop the PP cadre wheat talk! That is just embarrassing. Believe me the US or the west will never stop its humanitarian aid no matter what. So stop talking about wheat, that is not the issue here and is just embarrassing!

And talking about Chinese influence in Ethiopia. Come on, PM Abiy in fact reduced our dependency on China way more than TPLF. We were burdened with huge Chinese loans to the point the state was bankrupted and TPLF left the state with empty coffers. TPLF was much more closer to China than PM Abiy. In fact the western institutions like the IMF and World bank never provided with such huge financial support like today, exactly because PM Abiy is moving the economy from a state run economy to private sector. Just recently the western supported and US directly financed Vodafone group won the telecom license in Ethiopia which TPLF never allowed.

What I'm saying is that the current diplomatic debacle has little to do with China. It has more to do with our incompetence at the foreign ministry to work hard to convince key western officials and make them friends and supporters of the government. Idly sitting and blaming our relations with China and everything under the sun is the exact disaster what I'm talking about.

The PP cadre talk of Wheat is just embarrassing and shows how PP cadres just don't get it when it comes to foreign relations. Wheat my behind!
Convenice what?
I mean which point?
You are talking about continued humanitarian aid, I am talking about self-sufficiency instread, do you see the difference?

kibramlak

Post by kibramlak » 31 May 2021, 07:55

የሆንክ በጥራቃ ነህ ልበል? The US has had the intention for obvious reasons. No matter what Demeke or Abiy could do, the people from the Biden Admin have already been hostile to Abiy's pro Ethiopian stance. So, you are advising the government to sell their souls and the interest of the country. Do you think the US is unaware of all what has happened in Ethiopia, including the genocides all over the coyntry??? ገና ተማሪ ስለሆንክ ቀድመህ ባለሙያ ልሁን ባትል ጥሩ ነው፣፣

I want Demeke resign altogether BUT for a different reason. He has done nothing to stop all the ethnic propagated genocides all over the country, mainly targeting the Amhara society. He has always been dormant on internal affairs, which mattered a lot to us than any of those external nonesenses.

temari wrote:

temari

Post by temari » 01 Jun 2021, 18:43

Our Foreign Minister is busy with ...

temari

Post by temari » 08 Jun 2021, 17:52

Clearly we don't have a foreign minister at this crucial moment in history. How sad we let a crucial minister position vacant at this historical moment.

temari

Post by temari » 18 Jun 2021, 02:29

Why not make UN Ambassador Taye Atske Selassie Amde a foreign minister? He is an experienced diplomat with a good command of the English language. In fact anybody is better than leaving the position vacant as we are currently doing.