Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
DefendTheTruth
Member+

Fasika Tadesse; a Journalist?

Post by DefendTheTruth » 18 May 2021, 09:18

She (hope a woman) titled her short article for Bloomberg as follows:

"Ethiopia Blocks Access to Social Media Platforms, Netblocks Says" and I opened even when I was not convinced about its truthfuliness, because I myself read a FB post from Ethiopia today.

And her first sentence of the "article" itself reads as follows:

"Ethiopia restored access to online platforms after a brief outage, monitoring agency NetBlocks said."

Is there any level of integrity left in some people from Ethiopia?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... locks-says

temari

Re: Fasika Tadesse; a Journalist?

Post by temari » 18 May 2021, 09:52

DefendTheTruth wrote:
18 May 2021, 09:18

"Ethiopia Blocks Access to Social Media Platforms, Netblocks Says" and I opened even when I was not convinced about its truthfuliness, because I myself read a FB post from Ethiopia today.

"Ethiopia restored access to online platforms after a brief outage, monitoring agency NetBlocks said."

To be fair it was NetBlocks that mislead everybody by reporting a fake social media blockade. I was surprised because I knew for sure Facebook was not blocked at all. NetBlocks on the same day said the network is no more blocked. So according to NetBlocks Facebook & co. were blocked for only 2 hours. What a joke :lol:

NetBlocks need to to fix their crap system. Just because their servers have issue doesn't mean all Ethiopia is blocked.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Re: Fasika Tadesse; a Journalist?

Post by DefendTheTruth » 18 May 2021, 10:26

temari wrote:
18 May 2021, 09:52
DefendTheTruth wrote:
18 May 2021, 09:18

To be fair it was NetBlocks that mislead everybody by reporting a fake social media blockade. I was surprised because I knew for sure Facebook was not blocked at all. NetBlocks on the same day said the network is no more blocked. So according to NetBlocks Facebook & co. were blocked for only 2 hours. What a joke :lol:

NetBlocks need to to fix their crap system. Just because their servers have issue doesn't mean all Ethiopia is blocked.

To be honest, it was not if the said blockage was true or not, rather how the article was formulated that made me share it here.

In my school of thought a title should reflect the content (at least for a credible media outlet) and the first sentence of the content should try to condense the rest part of it.

She titled her "article" opposite to the content and the first sentence of her content was the one thar raises the eyebrows of her readers and ask what her motives could be for doing that.

That motive was not answered in your reply.