Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
or1

shoa oromos are lost fr.

Post by or1 » 15 May 2021, 18:07

One of my relatives has a company that makes banners and he took me to one of the Oromo schools in finfine. there are 7 oromo schools in addis/finfine. so we went there and the school asked him to do the banner for an event. These oromo schools are built at the border of finfine/addis and Oromia region almost outside addis but prosperity party is selling them as building oromo school in Addis/Finfine.

first shock.
after we spoke with the principal I was shocked that in the 7 oromo schools in addis/finfine there are almost no students from addis/finfine. I thought these schools were there to help finfine oromos to know they culture and language. because the finfine oromos don't want to visit these schools, oromia kilil brings oromo students from the surrounding oromia towns every day by bus. so basically all students in oromo schools in addis/finfine are from oromia region and none from addis/finfine. what the f. is going on with finfine oromos?

second shock.
while my relative was talking with the principal, the students had a break and started to come out of the classes and started to play. i was yet again shocked when i saw that they all were talking in amharic with each other. every one of them were speaking with each other in amharic while playing. i was like wtf is this? i asked the principal why the kids who came from oromia region and who are thought in afaan oromo in an oromo school are speaking in amharic with each other? she said the school tried many times to encourage them to speak afaan oromo with each other but the kids refuse እሺ አይሉም

shoa oromos are lost fr.
Last edited by or1 on 16 May 2021, 07:10, edited 1 time in total.

Noble Amhara

Re: shoa oromos are lost fr.

Post by Noble Amhara » 15 May 2021, 18:36

proud jegna shewa children they know their ancestors are amharas

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Re: shoa oromos are lost fr.

Post by DefendTheTruth » 16 May 2021, 06:04

If someone has to look for an idiot, then this mereja forum is the right place to catch not only one but many of them at once.

Oromia is in Ethiopia and the official language of Ethiopia is (still) Amharic and the language will be the dominant one for many generations to come, if not for anything else then definitely for the wealth of information/knowledge preserved and inherited with it to the generation.

Even if you have to or wish to learn Afan Oromo for any reason that doesn't mean you have to give up your competency in Amharic.

If your relatives are in "shoa", where are your own parents and close family members?

Most probably in Wollega?