Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Eritrea: Preparations for May 24, well underway.

Post by Zmeselo » 14 May 2021, 19:36

Damn you Covid, & all those who engineered you! :twisted:

📷 Kokob: @NeslekiEritrea

If Israel reserves the right to respond to Hamas rocket attacks, then Eritrea too should've a 1000 fold right to defend itself against rockets fired by the terrorist junta!
Last edited by Zmeselo on 15 May 2021, 12:28, edited 4 times in total.

Temt
Member+

Re: Eritrea: Preparations for May 24, well underway.

Post by Temt » 14 May 2021, 19:58

Zmeselo wrote:
14 May 2021, 19:36
Damn you Covid, & all those who engineered you! :twisted:

📷 Kokob: @NeslekiEritrea
I know! I know! and it hurts. But until then:

Temt
Member+

Post by Temt » 14 May 2021, 21:50

Aba

Post by Aba » 15 May 2021, 03:08

Bozzo,
Are you going to release any of the prisoners?
When are your tegaru tyrants going to release the real Eritreans?

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 15 May 2021, 05:51

📷 Alexander Isak Brasil: @AlexanderIsak19

Love of country, local & diaspora:

Last edited by Zmeselo on 15 May 2021, 06:45, edited 1 time in total.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 15 May 2021, 06:17

መልእኽቲ ሃገራዊ መዓልቲ ሓምላይ ወፍሪ

https://shabait.com/2021/05/15/መልእኽቲ-ሃገ ... -ሓምላይ-ወፍሪ/

GENERAL

May 15, 2021

ሸፈነ ኣግራብ ሃገርና፡ ብባህርያውን ሰብ ዝፈጠሮን ጸቕጥታት ካብ ግዜ ናብ ግዜ ብልዑል ናህሪ እና`ንቈልቈለ ምምጽኡ ይፍለጥ። ቅርጺ መሬት ሃገርና ድማ ብባህርይኡ ንምብሕጓግ ኣመና ዝተቓልዐ ብምዃኑ ከምኡ’ውን ናይ ዝናብ ወቕትና ኣመና ውሑድን ዘይስሩዕን ብምዃኑ፡ ሕርሻዊ ልምዓትና ብርግኣት፡ ብብቕዓትን ብዘላቕነትን ክወሓስ ኣይከኣልን።

ነዚ ክዉን ሓቂ ብምግንዛብ፡ መንግስቲ ኤርትራ ካብ ጽባሕ ናጽነት ኣትሒዙ፡ ሽፋን መሬት ሃገርና ናብ ንቡር ንምምላስ፡ ነቲ ዝርካቡ ዝናብ ድማ ኣብ ጥቕሚ ሕርሻ ንምውዓሉ፡ ኣብ ምዕቃብ ሓመድን ማይን ከምኡ`ውን ኣብ ምግራብ ዘተኰሩ ብርክት ዝበሉ ወፍርታት ኣበጊሱ እዩ።

ነቶም በብቦታኡ ዝትግበሩ ዝነበሩ እተፈላለዩ ዓይነታት ፍወሳ መሬት፡ ብውዱብ መገድን ብዝለዓለ ናህርን ንምድራኾም፡ ኣብ 2006 መንግስቲ ኤርትራ፡ “ሓያል ጻዕሪ ንሓምላይ ወፍሪ” ዝብል ዓቢ መደብ ብምብጋስ፡ ዓመታዊ ኣብ 15 ግንቦት ብግዜን ስፍሓትን እናተለክዐ ዝግምገም ንጥፈታት የካይድ ኣሎ።

ሓምላይ ወፍሪ፡ ዋላ`ኳ ኣብ ኩሉ ዓውድታት ፍወሳ መሬት፡ ነቲ እተበገሰሉ ዒላማታት ብምልኣት ኣይውቃዕ፡ ኣብ ብዙሕ ክፋላት ሃገርና፡ ባህሊ ምግራብን ምዕቃብ ሓመድን ማይን ከምኡ’ውን ኣፍልጦ ሕብረተሰብ ኣብ ምፍጣር ሓምላይ ኣከባቢ ንኽዓቢ ምቕሉል ተራ ተጻዊቱ እዩ።

ሓምላይ ወፍሪ ካብ ዝብገስ ድሮ 15 ዓመታት ኣቚጺሩ ይርከብ። ኣብዚ እተጠቕሰ ዓመታት፡ ብጠቕላላ ልዕሊ 50 ሚልዮን ፈልሲ ኣግራብ ምትካሎም፡ ኣብ ማይ ኩዖታትን መሬት ሕርሻን ኣስታት 140 ሽሕ ሄክታር እተፈላለዩ ናይ ምዝላይ ንጥፈታት ምክያዶም፡ ከምኡ’ውን ልዕሊ 400 ሽሕ ኲቢክ ሜተር ከትርታት ምስርሖም፡ መርኣያ ናይቲ ህዝቢ ኣብ ምዕቃብ ሓመድን ማይን ኣብ ምግራብን ኣጥርዪዎ ዘሎ ኣተባባዒ ባህሊ እዩ።

ኣብ ምብጋስ እቲ ወፍሪ ሓንቲ ጥራይ ዝነበረት ሓምላይ ክለብ፡ ኣብዚ እዋን ኣብ መላእ ሃገር ብቐንዱ ተመሃሮ ዘማእከላ ልዕሊ 580 ሓምላይ ክለባት ተመስሪተን ይርከባ። እዚ ቑጽሪ ዋላ’ኳ ዘተባብዕ እንተዀነ፡ ብመሰረት መምርሒ መንግስቲ፡ ነፍሲ-ወከፍ ቤት ትምህርቲ ሓምላይ ክለብ ክሳዕ እተቕውም ከምኡ’ውን ኩለን ትካላትን ኣብያተ እምነትን ሓምላይ ክለባት ብምምስራት እጃመን ክሳዕ ዘበርክታ ክቕጽል ይግባእ።

ብርሰት ኣግራብ ንምንካይ፡ ጥዕና ስድራቤታት ንምሕላው ከምኡ`ውን ተሳትፎ ደቀንስትዮ ኣብ ማሕበራዊ ልምዓት ንምሕያል ዝዕላማኡ ምዝርጋሕ ሞጎጎ ኣድሓነት፡ ሓደ ካብ ዓንድታት ሓምላይ ወፍሪ እዩ። ኣብዚ እዋን ትሕቲ 50 ሚእታዊት ካብተን ንጸዓት ዕንጸይቲ ዝጥቀማ ስድራቤታት ተጠቀምቲ ኰይነን ይርከባ። ብሓፈሻ ድማ ኣብ መላእ ሃገር ልዕሊ 170 ሽሕ እቶን ኣድሓነት ከም ዝተዘርግሓ ይፍለጥ። እንተዀነ፡ እዚ ቑጽሪ ብልዑል ፍጥነት ብምውሳኽ፡ ኣብ ሓጺር እዋን ምስራሕ ሞጎጎ ኣድሓነት ንኽዛዘም፡ ዝምልከተን ኣካላት መንግስትን ነፍሲ-ወከፍ ተጠቀምቲ ስድራቤታትን ብዕቱብ ክሰርሑሉ ይግባእ።

ብተወሳኺ፡ ምምስራት ኮማውን ሃገራውን ሕዛእትታት፡ ከም ኣካል ሓምላይ ወፍሪ፡ ዘገምታዊ ዕብየት ከርኢ ኸሎ፡ ኣብ ምስሳን ህይወታዊ ብዙሕነት ብሓፈሻ፡ ኣብ ዕቀባን ልምዓትን እንስሳ ዘገዳምን ከኣ ብፍላይዝጭበጥ ተራ ይጻወት ከም ዘሎ ይፍለጥ። ካብቲ ብደረጃ ሃገር ክሕዛእ ዝግብኦ፡ ገና ትሕቲ 30 ሚእታዊት ጥራይ ተሓዚኡ ስለ ዘሎ ግና ኣብዚ ዓውዲ ብዝተዓጻጸፈ ክንሰርሕ ይግባእ።

እዚ ቅድሚ 15 ዓመታት፡ `ሓያል ጻዕሪ ንሓምላይ ወፍሪ` ብዝብል መሪሕ ቴማ እተበገሰ ወፍሪ፡ ማዕረ ዓወታቱ፡ ብድሆታቱ እውን ቀለልቲ ኣይነበሩን። ንጥፈታት ምግራብ ከምቲ ትጽቢት ዝተገብረሉ ዘይምስጓሙ፡ ብርሰት ኣግራብ ድማ ክግታእ ብዘይምኽኣሉ፡ ገና ካብ ዓበይቲ ብድሆታት ሓምላይ ወፍሪ ዀይኖም ይቕጽሉ ኣለዉ።

ጥብ-ዝበለት ማይ ንምዕቃብ ከምኡ’ውን ዝስርሑ ዘለዉ እተፈላለየ ዓቐን ዘሎዎም ከዘንቲ ማያት ውሕስነቶም ንምርግጋጽ፡ ንጥፈታት ምዕቃብ ሓመድን ማይን ኣብ ጎቦታትን ግራት ሕርሻን ብልዑል ኣተኩሮ ክድፍኣሎም ዝግባእ ኣካል ልምዓታዊ መደባትና እዮም። መተካእታ ኣማራጺ ጸዓት ብምልኣት ክሳዕ ዝረጋገጽ፡ ምትእትታው እቶን ኣድሓነት ካብዚ ብዘገምታ ዝኸዶ ዘሎ መስርሕ ወጺኡ ኣብ ሓጺር እዋን ንኽዛዘምን ብርሰት ኣገራብ ብርኡይ ንኽጐድልን፡ ኩለን ዝምልከተን ኣካላት መንግስትን ህዝብን ተራኦም ከዕዝዙ ይግባእ።

ስግኣት ለበዳ ሕምም ኮቪድ-19 ገና ስለ ዘይተቐንጠጠ፡ ናይ ሎሚ ዓመት 15 ግንቦት ሃገራዊ መዓልቲ ሓምላይ ወፍሪ፡ ከምቲ ልሙድ ብዓበይቲ ገምጋማትን ሰፋሕቲ ልምዓታዊ ወፍርታትን ክስነ ኣይተኻእለን። እንተዀነ፡ ምስ ሃገራዊ መምርሒታት ምክልኻል እዚ ሕማም ብዘይጋጮ መንገዲ፡ ምምሕዳር ዞባታት፡ሰራዊት፡ መንግስታውያን፡ ሃይማኖታውያንን ውልቃውያንን ትካላት ከምኡ`ውን ኮማትን ውልቀ-ሰባትን፡ ነዚ ኣብ ዋዜማ ቕንያት መበል 30 ዓመት መዓልቲ ናጽነትና ዝካየድ ዘሎ ቅነ-ሓምላይ ወፍሪ፡ ብንጥፈታት ምዕቃብ ሓመድን ማይን ምግራብን ዘኪሮምዎ ክውዕሉ ንጽውዕ።

ኣብዚ እዋን ኣስታት 4 ሚልዮን ፈልሲ ናይ እተፈላለዩ ዓይነት ኣግራብ ተዳልዮም ስለ ዘለዉ፡ ብቐንዱ ዓድታት፡ ከምኡ`ውን ትካላትን ውልቀ-ሰባትን ኣብ ከከባቢኦም ናብ ዝርከባ መደበራት ፈልሲ ብምኻድ፡ ፈልስታት ኣግራብ ወሲዶም ብምትካልን ብምክንኻንን ዕላማታት ሓምላይ ወፍሪ ንምዕዋት እጃሞም ከበርክቱ ንጽውዕ።

ሓባራዊ መልእኽቲ ሚኒስትሪ ሕርሻን፡ በዓል ስልጣን ኣግራብን እንስሳ ዘገዳምን

15 ግንቦት 2021

ካብ ዝተፈላለያ ትካላት ዝተዋጽኡ መንእሰያት፡ ሎሚ ዕለት 15 ግንቦት 21 ኣብ ኣስመራ (ቤት ገርግሽ)፡ ዕውት ናይ ማእቶት መደባት ኣካይዶም! Via: Shur Shur

National Green Campaign Day observed

LOCAL NEWS

https://shabait.com/2021/05/15/national ... ShinesAt30

Asmara, 15 May 2021- The National Green Campaign Day, 15 May, has been observed in the Southern and Central Regions with planting tree seedlings.

Indicating that the tree seedlings planting was part of the program of the Central Region’s Green Campaign, Mr. Abraham Teklu, representative of the Forestry and Wildlife Authority, said that over one million tree seedlings are ready for distribution to various institutions for planting in the coming rain season.

Pointing out that green clubs have been established in 138 schools in the region, Mr. Abraham called on the clubs to play a leading role in the program.

In the same vein, Mr. Tsige Woldegebriel, director of ‘Satreb’ school said that in the 2012/2013 academic year green clubs have been established at 12 schools in the Southern Region and that so far, 2500 tree seedlings of 14 types have been planted and are in good condition.

Mr. Tsige also called on other schools in the region to follow the noble example of ‘Satreb’ school, in establishing green clubs and promote the program.

Satreb’ school has been awarded in 2015, for outstanding performance in the greening campaign.

________

MLSW: Ensuring Social Welfare

By: Mikal Tesfay

https://shabait.com/2021/05/15/mlsw-ens ... l-welfare/

GENERAL

May 15, 2021

A person who does not have his needs fulfilled will function poorly in society, and governments often play a crucial role in turning such a person into a productive citizen. One way this is done, is through some system of social welfare. Social welfare is based on the principles of equality of opportunity, equitable distribution of wealth, and public responsibility for those unable to avail themselves of the minimal provisions for a stable life.

The system of social welfare in Eritrea caters to the needs of people with disabilities, disadvantaged children, martyrs’ families, and the poor, and others. Targeting such people, the Ministry of Labor and Social Welfare (MLSW) has been working since independence to distribute resources equally to those in need, emphasizing amending the way they lead their lives. It does not simply hand out food, shelter, and money for those who are in need, but it works for the people to be productive and support themselves and their country as citizens. The Government’s efforts are complemented by the people, who are guided by the societal norm of “helping and sharing.”

Mr. Mihreteab Fisehaye

The MLSW, has four departments. The department for children and family safety focuses on children with no parents, homeless children, and children with other problems. The second department is for rehabilitation and demobilization and targets mainly the disabled, the elderly, poor people, and those discharged from the military. The third department deals with martyrs’ families and works to ensure the safety of those who have lost a family member, in the armed struggle for Eritrea’s independence. The fourth department, caters to the needs of victims of natural or man-made disasters.

In the last 30 years, the MLSW has accomplished a lot; especially regarding homeless children, children with no parents, children with HIV, and children whose parents passed away because of HIV. Over 30,000 families who are looking after 79,631 orphans have been given child support, in terms of cash from the government. Similarly, 2948 families, who are looking after 5902 children with HIV or whose parents passed away, are supported financially by the government. Child support is given to relieve the families from feeling the burden and help them raise the kids, without worrying about how to feed them and pay for their school.

Another form of support for children in need is adoption, or foster care. Orphans abandoned by their biological parents are either adopted by families who want to raise them as their own, or live with a foster family. In both instances, the kids get the opportunity to grow up with a family and their cognitive development problems are a lot less than those who grow up in institutions. Some children, also, live in ‘Group homes.’ The kids make their way to group homes, after being in orphanages for 5-6 years.

There are also children whose parents are divorced and, as a result, become victims, and there are kids who roam the urban centers selling candies and cookies and eventually end up staying there. Such kids cannot support themselves and may end up as street children. To prevent this from happening, the MLSW provides 4500 children in such a situation with school materials and 2232 kids with training.

The MLSW, has been working to empower people with disabilities. It has been working against long-established misconceptions about people with disabilities, that characterize them as lacking the capacity to be productive members of society. Through seminars and the media, it educates members of the public about the importance of giving equal opportunity to all citizens and demonstrates the results of its efforts by presenting successful people with disabilities.

Many families have lost one, or more than one member during the armed struggle. Such families have been supported by the Government for the past three decades, and the Government’s efforts to mobilize the people to extend a helping hand to the needy has borne fruit. In particular, the MLSW has been taking the lead in taking initiatives to empower citizens in need of help and enlightening members of society about the benefits of helping one another.

ኣብ ዘረባ የለናን።
Last edited by Zmeselo on 15 May 2021, 12:31, edited 2 times in total.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 15 May 2021, 08:57

Teaching The Science of life

By: Asmait Futsumbrhan

https://shabait.com/2021/05/15/teaching ... e-of-life/

Q & A

May 15, 2021

From studying under the trees, to producing Eritrean biologists across the county

Meet Seble Haile, an inspiration to what a role model should be. Just like many other Eritrean families, Mr.Haile’s family, along with a one-year-old Seble, joined the long fight for freedom at the Sahel fields. It’s there that Seble was introduced to her new family of freedom fighters (who were her second parents and teachers), and it’s at Sahel fields that she says she was shaped to become who she is today. Education was highly valued by the EPLF and young Seble understood this and devoted her time to education. For this reason, she was made a teacher at times when her teachers went to battles.

Pursuing her dream was her priority. Mrs. Seble continued her educational journey after independence by taking classes and teaching on the side. Currently, she is one of the few Eritrean female microbiologists teaching at Eritrea Institute of Technology (EIT).

• Child of the fields

If I am to take a moment to look at what I have become today, it’s all glory to all of the armed struggle family I had.

I am a person with two parents, my biological parents and the freedom fighters who raised and taught me. I learned from elementary up to the 7th grade, in Sahel fields. Soon after, the Fenkil operation started and our teachers went to the battle, leaving me and others like myself to take pedagogy courses and take over as teachers to teach the students until their return. Fortunately, it wasn’t long until our independence. It’s after that, that I seriously thought about the kind of things I wanted to learn and experience. A whole new dimension of life.

• Life keeps going after the files

Becoming someone and sharing knowledge.

After Eritrea’s independence, I was assigned to teach elementary while I was a 9th grader. Later on, I became a math teacher at an elementary at Adi Quntsi, Central region, walking 8kms a day; since I had to attend my 10th-grade lessons at Tsaedachristian. I am proud to say, that I completed my high school education as a prize winner. I joined Asmara University in 1996, and graduated with great distinction. After working as a graduate assistant at Asmara University and later at EIT, I was promoted to work as a full-time teacher for the diploma students at EIT. I am currently teaching Freshman Biology, Microbiology to 3rd-year students and Virology to 4th-year students.

• Upgrading to Microbiology, just another step forward

Researching to deal with challenges, related to Tuberculosis in children.

I went to do my master’s in Kenya, in 2012. My research paper was on: Tuberculosis in children. The reason was, that it is much harder to identify the virus in children. For this virus to be spotted, there must be a sufficient amount of mucus for the virus to show and usually kids, don’t cough out much of it. So, it’s always harder. My research explained how we can identify the virus through other means; such as taking samples of stool and look for the DNA of the virus, even though the virus might die through the long process of digestion (digestive enzymes can kill the virus, not its DNA). My research paper, was very well received by scholars. It was first published online on open access, and later on, a German publishing house published it and it’s being sold online.

• She is a wife and a mother at home

A perfect example, of an Eritrean Woman.

I have all the support and care, from my husband. We met at the university and he has always known my devotion to my education and career, but I feel like it’s a promise he had to himself to never prevent me from executing my plans. Although we had support from our families, he was the one who took care of the kids while I was doing my masters for two years. I am a mother of two, and my husband has been there since day one. I’m forever grateful.

• What her husband says about her
Marriage is all about support, and that’s what I try to do. She has an amazing connection with her students from everywhere, and that amazes me the most.

Learning Sign Language to Overcome Loneliness and Alienation

By: Sabrina Solomon

https://shabait.com/2021/05/15/learning ... lienation/

GENERAL

May 15, 2021

The National Association of the Deaf and Mute, is one of the most important social organizations in Eritrea. Specially devoted to those with hearing impairment, it aims to raise awareness, offer support, and promote the rights of the deaf. Since its founding in 1998, the organization has sought to extend support to the hearing impaired disabled; inorder to help them improve their lives. Importantly, it has also achieved a lot in reshaping the attitudes and perceptions of society towards the deaf.

In our country, even though modern sign language education began in 1955, the number of the deaf that has received opportunities to attend has traditionally been quite limited. Historically, it was common to see many people with hearing challenges wanting to enroll in education programs but unable to as a result of various obstacles. Despite some progress, the number of schools for the deaf and mute in our country can still be improved.

These days, in addition to supporting the school of the deaf, the National Association of the Deaf and Mute has been helping to train translators and educators. These activities can help the deaf interact and engage effectively with the community, while also supporting equality and creating job opportunities.

The Association, which has about 4000 members, has excelled in its activities over the years to tackle the challenges faced by the deaf and the mute. As a result of its hard work, the consciousness of our people is much better now. The deaf and mute citizens are now more confident and have been building up their self-esteem. By avoiding dependency, they can work harder towards achieving their dreams. There are many proud deaf people in our country, who are described as perfect examples of self-made success and hard work.

One of the important areas of the Association is promoting sign language. Sign language is an essential language, that everyone can learn. Most of the time though, many societies consider being deaf a serious disability. This is because they lack the required knowledge to understand the deaf and their personalities, that usually leads to a sense of desolation and alienation. What society needs to fathom is that a deaf person’s only disadvantage is their inability to hear, but nothing more. They can work, produce, contribute, and keep up with all social and livelihood aspects just like any other person. They can do whatever a person, without hearing impairment can do.

In our society, communication between a deaf and a normal person is seen as the major obstacle even though, in reality, it can easily be solved. If people are willing, conscious, and interested, acquiring sign language can be easy. To overcome the problem of desolation, therefore, those who can hear should consider learning sign language. Since the problem of hearing is a barrier for the deaf, those who can hear can help to bridge the gap.

Notably, a lot of research has shown that learning sign language is not very difficult. Furthermore, there are a plethora of learning tools that can support those who wish to learn.

Following a six-month-long training program on sign language, 15 individuals, most from the Ministry of Health, graduated on 31st March 2021. The course was offered in Keren, through the support of the National Association of the Deaf and Mute and the collaboration of several partners.

Speaking at the graduation event, the Governor of the Anseba region, Ambassador Abdella Mussa, stated,
Since we have seen many citizens with difficult disabilities overcoming their challenges and working hard, our country is beginning to positively shift its attitudes and perceptions towards the deaf. This course and its outcomes are enormously important; however, we need to keep working and progress more. As for us, since we are their families, we have planned to express our love towards them by visiting their offices and houses monthly and weekly. Sign language is also important for the service providers and managers and so, should be learned. On top of that, since our ability of hearing starts to slow with age, learning sign language is important and can help us all in the future.
He also added that the administrative zone is ready to cooperate and the Association is expanding the program.

The Chairman of the National Association of the Deaf and Mute, Mr. Weldemichael Siele, delivered a message stating,
These programs are helping to provide critical support to the hearing impaired, in their everyday lives. Since sign language was traditionally only offered in specialized schools for the deaf, the result wasn’t as impressive. But now, these various initiatives and activities are breaking down the old norms and leading to positive results.
In her own speech during the event, the branch of Anseba region’s chairwoman, Ms. Asmeret Berhe, thanked the Ministry of Health, the municipality of Keren, and all those who participated in the course. She also noted how many of the past graduates of the program are achieving considerable success and have secured employment opportunities in various sectors, including health, education, finance, and others.

Temt
Member+

Post by Temt » 15 May 2021, 10:36

ነዛ ብክቡር መስዋእቲ ደቃ ዝተረኽበት ናጽነት ኤርትራ፡ ምሕላዋን ምዕቃባን ወይከ ነቕነቕ የለን! ኣበደን!

Temt
Member+

Post by Temt » 15 May 2021, 10:56

Game Over Junta!

quindibu

Post by quindibu » 15 May 2021, 11:04

I don't blame the Israelis.....at least for their action on this one. :lol: Are we going to hear any 'outrage' from the 'morally superior' ferenjis for the Israelis 'transgression'? :P

Please wait, video is loading...

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 15 May 2021, 12:25

ኣብዚ ዝሓለፈ 25 ዓመታት፡ ልዕሊ 500,000 መንእሰያት፡ ካብኦም ልዕሊ 100,000 ደቀንስትዮ፡ ካብ ኩሉ ክፋላትን ከባቢታትን ሃገር፡ ብሳዋ ሓሊፎም፡ ወተሃደራዊ፡ ኣካዳሚያዊን ሞያዊን ስልጠናታት ቀሲሞም ወጽዮም፡፡ ሳዋ መድሕን፡ ንብል በዚ ምኽንያት’ዩ!
ሃገራዊ ድሕነት: @hagerawiDihnet

CI-NHERI celebration of the 30th Anniversary of Eritrean Independence Day.

Behind the scenes 💕💞💓

Lucy Liu: @Lucyliu0866
Last edited by Zmeselo on 15 May 2021, 13:50, edited 2 times in total.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 15 May 2021, 12:51

Some of Asmara's, hidden gems.
📷 G.M.A Visafric

Aba

Post by Aba » 15 May 2021, 12:56

Bozzo,
Are you going to release any of the myriads of prisoners?
When are your tegaru tyrants going to release the real Eritreans?

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 15 May 2021, 13:28

quindibu wrote:
15 May 2021, 11:04
I don't blame the Israelis.....at least for their action on this one. :lol: Are we going to hear any 'outrage' from the 'morally superior' ferenjis for the Israelis 'transgression'? :P

Please wait, video is loading...

The Latest Blunder by CNN

May 14, 2021

Written by: Yafet Zerou

http://www.eritreacompass.com/the-lates ... er-by-cnn/

Fact Checking the CNN Report, on Tigray.

There is a CNN report compiled by none other than, Nima El Bahgir, doing the rounds of the western media bureaus and western government agencies. The report, purportedly, claims that, among other crimes,
Eritrean soldiers are blocking access to the city of Axum

in Northern Ethiopia in Tigray administrative region.

Melodrama of covert cameras, “brave reporters” facing possible arrest to get the truth out, blah, blah, blah, a closer inspection of the report immediately brings forth several facts that put the whole report and by extension the credibility of CNN itself on the line.

Fact Check 1: The most glaring omission must be that nowhere in the report is mention made of the Tigrayan People’s Liberation Front (TPLF) which, for those who do not know, was the ruling party in Tigray region until it made a miscalculation and attacked an Ethiopian Federal army base in its region on November 4, 2020 prompting a retaliatory attack by the Ethiopian Federal government in which the TPLF was routed from its capital Meqelle and is now fighting an insurgency war. Mention is made once of Tigrayan fighters by the reporter and she even dares show footage of soldiers at a distance walking in single-file and she claims that they were,
Tigrayan fighters fighting for regional autonomy.
How did she get so close to these fighters? Who told her they were Tigrayan? If she was in their vicinity, then she must have gotten permission from their superiors to do so and film them? We have only the reporters claim, that they were indeed Tigrayan fighters (note she never uses the term TPLF). How could she tell they were not Ethiopian militia, maybe even Amhara Regional Forces or heaven-forbid, even her despised Eritrean army units themselves. But no, she has said it and the whole world has to believe it. She is after all an award-winning reporter from CNN, no less. If this, in itself, does not raise questions as to whom this reporter is heavily biased towards– maybe even be on their payroll – then let’s continue with our fact checking.

Fact Check 2: The CNN team flaunts all standard operating procedures set out by the host government, regarding where they can travel and which areas are too dangerous to travel to. That aside, when they are stopped at a roadblock by Ethiopian soldiers, they switch on their covert cameras and record the exchange between the soldiers manning the roadblock and themselves. It is made clear to them, that they cannot proceed further without a permit and they have to get it from the regional commander. So far so good except that in most countries including the US, wherever there is a directive to not use video filming equipment and you use it, you are arrested (a case in point, when you are arriving at US Customs and Immigration). So why was the CNN team, flaunting local rules and regulations? Are they not supposed to operate within the rules and guidelines? Wouldn’t the Ethiopian government be fully justified if they kicked out the CNN office from Ethiopia, because of the irresponsible actions of this team? Then, of course, they would cry foul and list the government as being anti-free press, etc. etc.

Fact Check 3: The CNN team reports about an exchange of fire, which resulted in the death of several innocent civilians. By their own reporting, and quickly glossed over, the exchange started because a grenade was thrown at the soldiers from within the “civilian” group! But there is absolutely no condemnation of the perpetrators of this crime of using innocent civilians, as human shields. Instead, the focus is purely on the reaction of those that were cowardly attacked. Doesn’t this show, heavy bias?

Fact Check 4: The team then visits a hospital and proceeds to interview victims of atrocities, allegedly perpetuated by Eritrean soldiers. In a conflict in which there are at least five different military entities involved, it begs to ask why it is only Eritrean soldiers that are always accused of atrocities. Doesn’t it sound biased and coordinated, to say the least? But, let’s get back to the hospital. One of the victims alleges, that she was raped by the Eritreans. Rape is a terrible crime against anyone, and rapists should be brought to trial and dealt with severely. To use the suffering of another person who has just gone through the ordeal of rape for political mileage, is just as hideous as denying that person’s rape. Whilst the CNN reporter asks the woman who raped her, she doesn’t bother to ask her how she could be sure that it was Eritreans that committed this crime. Did she see, their ID cards? Were they wearing the ubiquitous “Congo” sandals, etc. etc.? A serious crime and an equally serious allegation needs to be thoroughly investigated, in as much as is possible. So, why stop there? Was it, for sympathy to the victim? If so, why did she even ask her who did it? Why open her wounds and ignore them, once her political agenda was fulfilled?

Fact Check 5: In the same hospital, the CNN team film soldiers walking in and out of the hospital. They then allege, that the soldiers can walk in and around at will and that they are harassing patients. However, there is no evidence of this provided and we just have to take their words for it. All we saw was a soldier in uniform, walking into a hospital. Since when have soldiers, in a war-zone no less, been banned from entering a hospital? When has it become an atrocity, for a soldier to enter a hospital compound? Isn’t this a spin that the CNN team wanted to put to the story, to prove their own political agenda? They then show another soldier running to somewhere, we don’t know. For all we know, he might be running an errand for a fellow soldier or he might just be rushing back to his unit. But, no, to the CNN team he “saw them filming and he fled”. No proof that he even noticed them, nothing. We just have to take our reporter, at her word.

Fact Check 6: The team finally comes to the checkpoint allegedly manned by Eritrean troops, who are barring the way to enter the city of Axum. Let’s go back to the scene, where the team was stopped by the Ethiopian soldiers. The team did not have an issue, with recording the exchange of words between them and the soldiers manning the road block. We clearly hear them talking and there is no doubt, that they are Ethiopian soldiers. Fast forward to the roadblock outside Axum: we are told, in the words of the reporter, that they are a “rag tag unit of Eritrean soldiers” some of them wearing, “old style Ethiopian army uniforms” and others their distinct Eritrean Army uniforms. The first question that begs to be asked is if the Eritreans wanted to pass off as Ethiopian soldiers, you would think they would don the new, current Ethiopian uniforms wouldn’t they? Secondly, how did the CNN team know they were Eritreans? What language, did they speak with them? The telling point is in the next fact: the CNN team conveniently does not reveal what was said, between them and the people manning that check-point! There is no audio – only the dubbing from the reporter which was added later. Why? If they had both cameras – overt and open – operating and they were able to record all previous audio at each and every road block they encountered, why did they not make that particular audio track available in the video? The answer is simple: it would then have been easy to determine what nationality the people manning the road block were! Perhaps they were members of the Amhara militia and they were speaking in Amharic. But Eritrean soldiers, don’t speak Amharic! So, we conveniently don’t get to hear them! Also, the reporter, although from Sudan, is actually claiming that she can, by just looking at people, know who is Eritrean and who is Ethiopian! The European immigration authorities, in their arrogance, over the last ten to fifteen years thought they could too and finally admitted that you can’t! All we have is an audio-less film clip and then a still from that clip of a group of men and we are told they are Eritreans. Ask anybody who is Eritrean or Ethiopian to look at the photo and determine what their nationality is! The answer is: they can be either! But, we have to take the words of the award-winning CNN journalist because she knows more about us than we do about ourselves!

In conclusion, such shoddy, politically-motivated and heavily-biased reporting only confirms CNN as a peddler of fake news as the former president repeatedly pointed out. The Ethiopian government would do best to kick out CNN and other fake news peddlers from within its borders as they don’t deserve to be on the ground, if they are churning out such TPLF-initiated propaganda. There was no objectivity in the report – the team went in with the sole intent of besmirching all parties to the conflict except the one group that is fully responsible for the tragedy that Tigray Region finds itself in today – the TPLF – but CNN would have us believe, that they are the victims and not otherwise.

As always, the truth, not CNN, will prevail.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 15 May 2021, 14:03

Fantastic stage 7 of @giroditalia for our Eritrean heroes! @AmanuelGerezgh1 & @NATNAELTESFATS1 both finished in top 100 less than 1min back, & mighty @Natnaelb2 only 12sec behind. All firmly in the top 2/3 of the GC. Competing firmly at the very highest levels as a norm, these days. Go go guys! 🇪🇷🚴🏾‍♂️🚴🏾‍♂️🚴🏾‍♂️💨💨

Fiyameta

Post by Fiyameta » 15 May 2021, 14:44

This is how we Eritreans celebrated the terrorist junta's death during the pandemic. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: