Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
teodroseIII

Toxic Grievances: Being Marginalized Does Not Give Marginalized People the Right to Marginalize Others

Post by teodroseIII » 13 May 2021, 15:54

I write about this topic moved by a discussion I took part in last night on ClubHouse. I joined a room dedicated to the crimes against humanity that are taking place in Ethiopia that was being administered by fellow Ethiopians who are Tigaru. When my turn to speak came up, I conveyed how I once supported the campaign against TPLF only reverse course once I realized that Abiy Ahmed’s war was in fact an act of collective punishment. But for some in that room who were so radicalized by the situation back home, that was not enough; the demanded that I use their hashtag and got heated because I did not echo their sentiments. I was finally booted because I refused to to use the term “Tigray genocide” given that I don’t fight for justice through the prism of tribe. This same air of scorn and contempt to anyone who is not 100% in agreement and doesn’t bend over backwards to please one aggrieved group or another is evident through every ethnic group in Ethiopia and is pervasive throughout most of the world.

Lecturing people who don’t think like you, assigning collective guilt and marginalizing the pains that other people go through is a malicious mix of gas lighting and virtue signaling. There is a part of me that wants to be understanding; after all I too used to dabble in this type of rhetoric before a crucible by way of homelessness and hopelessness made me realize that suffering does not discriminate. Yet there is another part of me that is triggered by bullying and hypocrisy. I guess it’s a learning curve for all of us as we heal from past traumas and seek renewal for ourselves and justice for humanity; I’ll try to be more forbearing in the future instead of letting people who are hurting who decide to hurt other people rob me of my joys...continued...

READ FULL ARTICLE AT: https://ghionjournal.com/toxic-grievanc ... ze-others/
Last edited by teodroseIII on 13 May 2021, 17:12, edited 1 time in total.

Fiyameta

Re: Toxic Grievances: Being Marginalized Does Not Give Marginalized People the Right to Marginalize Others

Post by Fiyameta » 13 May 2021, 16:44

It would be interesting to know what made you turn your back on the victims of Mai-Kadra by cajoling those who openly express sympathy for the perpetrators. Stockholm syndrome? I wonder if its the Amhara's culture of appeasement that drives their weak-links into the hyenas' den.

teodroseIII

Re: Toxic Grievances: Being Marginalized Does Not Give Marginalized People the Right to Marginalize Others

Post by teodroseIII » 13 May 2021, 17:07

It is a reflection of the time that we live in and the state of heartlessness of our country at this moment that one can't express empathy for Tigrayans while still being able to criticize TPLF. I've NEVER moved from my position that the TPLF are cancers upon Ethiopia and I initially supported the campaign based on that premise, however from the beginning I always stated that my support is conditional and that I will become an opponent of the campaign the minute I sensed that Abiy Ahmed was reverting to collective punishment. I arrived at that position a month after the conflict started based on the way that citizens are being targeted, either on purpose or by negligence, so I changed my mind.

This does not make me a TPLF sympathizer, this makes me an Ethiopian who loves and supports ALL ETHIOPIANS without respect to their tribe. I still grieve for the people who lost their lives at the hand of TPLF in Mai-Kadra and did so not only on social media but on interviews I took part in with the AP and Sputnik radio. However I also grieve for the Tigaru men, women and children who are suffering. This is called nuance, something that is not evident in people who are struck by Stockholm Syndrome. Peace.
Fiyameta wrote:
13 May 2021, 16:44
It would be interesting to know what made you turn your back on the victims of Mai-Kadra by cajoling those who openly express sympathy for the perpetrators. Stockholm syndrome? I wonder if its the Amhara's culture of appeasement that drives their weak-links into the hyenas' den.

Noble Amhara

Post by Noble Amhara » 13 May 2021, 17:17

Many non Amhara fail to see the difference between Amharaists and Ethiopianists, Amharaists fight for Amhara people’s Justice, while Ethiopianists ignore Amhara people’s sufferings in order to please others

teodroseIII

Post by teodroseIII » 13 May 2021, 17:23

Remember the time TPLF supporters used to be called tribalists and bandas because they put ethnicity above Ethiopia... I guess if you can't beat them, join them huh? Betam yasazenal.
Noble Amhara wrote:
13 May 2021, 17:17
Many non Amhara fail to see the difference between Amharaists and Ethiopianists, Amharaists fight for Amhara people’s Justice, while Ethiopianists ignore Amhara people’s sufferings in order to please others

Noble Amhara

Post by Noble Amhara » 13 May 2021, 17:36

TPLF didn’t stay in tigray they went across the country genociding and cleansing Amharas, Amhara have the right to defend their existence from fascistic OLF. Amhara were the main victims of the Derg and TPLF regime, Amharas fought Derg to be killed by TPLF, Amharas fought TPLF to be killed by OLF. Ethiopia is a hellhole for innocent defenceless Amharas. The fake Amhara elite with Ethiopianist mindset couldn’t care less about the fate of 3 million Amhara

I will not say ethiopia anymore because when Amhara try to be non ethnic we get discriminated and labelled as Neo Neftegnas. Amhara youth know very well the deception to lock us up as Jews in Ethiopia’s unforgiving anti Amhara concentration camp this is why millions mostly young Amharas came to protest for Amhara people’s human rights