Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
OPFist
Member+

Re: The Best Way of Struggle for the OLF Now: Takeover Prosperity Party!

Post by OPFist » 13 May 2021, 16:58

Simply put, our preferable move in Oromo liberation journey yet is to change the fake ethno-federation under EPP to the true one, where Oromia’s autonomy is respected and consolidated. I know this is program of OFC, but I have started to doubt if this was the will and wish of Medrek. I knew this conflict may help a bit for cadres of the dictatorial EPP and supporters of geo-federalists to attack Medrek. Nevertheless, the truth should be told.

AbebeB
Member+

Post by AbebeB » 13 May 2021, 17:20

OPFist wrote:
13 May 2021, 16:58
Simply put, our preferable move in Oromo liberation journey yet is to change the fake ethno-federation under EPP to the true one, where Oromia’s autonomy is respected and consolidated. I know this is program of OFC, but I have started to doubt if this was the will and wish of Medrek. I knew this conflict may help a bit for cadres of the dictatorial EPP and supporters of geo-federalists to attack Medrek. Nevertheless, the truth should be told.
Yes OPFist,
Go ahead with OLF/OLA. Likewise with OFC. Say no to short term gain but long term loss! For "The truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever."

OPFist
Member+

Post by OPFist » 13 May 2021, 17:39

I believe that the only solution for that troubled region is liberation of Oromo nation, be it within or without a union of peoples in the region. Liberated Oromo people will be the foundation for liberation of other nations like Ogadenis, Afars, as well as for those in Benishangul, Gambella and Southern region. These liberated nations can build a union for common benefit, which in the long run can include also the non-hegemonic Amhara people and Tegaru people, be it in a form of confederation or federation based on public verdict of liberated nations in the region. It is clear that the goal of OFC is a mid-point solution, which can be good prerequisite for end-point solution envisioned by the OLF. Otherwise, the chanting and the rhetoric made by Medrek leaders and supporters about mythical Ethiopia of 3000 years and their attempt to make Oromo mass to rally behind their “Ethiopiawinet”, disregarding Oromummaa, will surely be doomed to fail.
Last edited by OPFist on 13 May 2021, 21:22, edited 1 time in total.

AbebeB
Member+

Post by AbebeB » 13 May 2021, 19:47

OPFist wrote:
13 May 2021, 17:39

I did believe that the only solution for that troubled region is liberation of Oromo nation, be it within or without a union of peoples in the region. Liberated Oromo people will be the foundation for liberation of other nations like Ogadenis, Afars, as well as for those in Benishangul, Gambella and Southern region. These liberated nations can build a union for common benefit, which in the long run can include also the non-hegemonic Amhara people and Tegaru people, be it in a form of confederation or federation based on public verdict of liberated nations in the region. It is clear that the goal of OFC is a mid-point solution, which can be good prerequisite for end-point solution envisioned by the OLF. Otherwise, the chanting and the rhetoric made by Medrek leaders and supporters about mythical Ethiopia of 3000 years and their attempt to make Oromo mass to rally behind their “Ethiopiawinet”, disregarding Oromummaa, will surely be doomed to fail.
Noting the phrase "non-hegemonic Amhara people" in your immediate above post reminds me the diving story of stone dwells in water. The stone lives in water yet can't swim. :roll:
It appears you happen to be students of Debtera-የቆሎ ተማሪ ያለ ኩርኩም አይገባውም፡፡ :lol:

OPFist
Member+

Post by OPFist » 13 May 2021, 21:22

So, Oromo nationalists, in particular, and Oromo people, in general, should check if the republican ADF is really better than the prosperitan EPP in promoting Oromo’s cause. As far as I am concerned, any force trying to dismantle Oromia now with a pretext of opposing “division” into “ethnic regions“, despite the ‘democracy’ rhetoric it might make, is not acting timely. If the choice is between these two (anti-ethno-fedration and pro-ethno-federation) movements, disregarding the sermon they always give on democracy, freedom, justice, equality, and development, no wonder if Oromo people will choose the present regime and rally behind EPP till the better force will come to the political arena of non-divided Oromia, in particular, and to that of Ethiopia, in general, to forge and promote true ethno-federation. It seems the Oromo are not yet in a high political confidence to lose Gadaa Oromia and own the whole Ethiopia (Great Oromia). But, to preserve Gadaa Oromia and to rule Great Oromia, the OLF has prepared its prosperitan wing EPP and republican wing ADF. The winner will surely be one of them. This way or that way, OLF of the Oromo will lead Ethiopia. But, again the more pragmatic and feasible way to success is to takeover the EPP and then rule over an integrative Great Oromia (rainbow Ethiopia led by Oromummaa) rather than to opt for the smaller independent Gadaa Oromia.