Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Naga Tuma
Member+

Simple questions about COVID-19 vaccinations.

Post by Naga Tuma » 11 May 2021, 14:16

I hope there are medical experts on this forum who could answer these simple questions about COVID-19 vaccinations.

I understand that this virus is humbling. I also understand how important it is to get vaccinated to protect oneself and those around one.

I would put either or both of my arms under the needle of Dr. Sanjay Gupta any day to get vaccinated.

At the same time, I am one of those people who value outliers in data.

Here are the simple questions. Has there been any correlation between natural immunities to the regular flu and COVID-19? In other words, does someone who has been, in all likelihood, exposed to the regular flu but never experienced any symptom to it have a better natural immunity to COVID-19 or it doesn’t matter?

I remember hearing in the news at least once that someone who lived through the pandemic nearly a century ago was exposed to COVID-19 and survived. Why would that person need a COVID-19 vaccination? Could the blood plasma from that kind of person without COVID-19 vaccination be useful for a scientific research down the road? Could a large sample of that kind of blood plasma be useful for such type of research if it becomes worthwhile to pursue?

Naga Tuma
Member+

Re: Simple questions about COVID-19 vaccinations.

Post by Naga Tuma » 02 Jun 2021, 23:35

I continue wondering about these questions. I don't want to be misunderstood as someone who is hesitant to a COVID-19 vaccine. No, I am not. I am enthusiastic about the science behind it, especially the scientific explanation of how Moderna's mRNA works.

I remember reading a long article in The Economist, or Time, or The National Geographic a long time ago about biotechnology. I forgot in which magazine it was published. The short message that I remember from that long story is the assertion that if the 20th century was that of information technology, the 21st century was going to be that of biotechnology.

I don't know if the bats were eavesdropping on humanity back then and got ahead of it to unleash this pandemic on it. I also do not know if Bill Gates, who was at the forefront of information technology and talked about the threat of this pandemic before many, could tell about it.

My point here is that I am enthusiastic about vaccines and acquired immunity from them. I am just more enthusiastic about the potential of my natural immunity, which may be naive given how serious this virus can and has gotten to many people. I am hoping for a sound scientific explanation for this dilemma.

teodroseIII

Post by teodroseIII » 03 Jun 2021, 00:04

I interviewed a doctor named Richard Urso, who is very accomplished, who noted that antibodies and specifically T-cells developed by contracting Covid-19 naturally are enduring while the synthetic antibodies developed from the "vaccines" are short-lived. He also said anyone who already caught COvid should NEVER be jabbed because they will be at risk for developing long term health issues like Antibody-Dependent enhancement, blood clots, heart inflammation or worse. About four months ago, I interviewed two medical professionals, one of whom is an Ethiopian doctor, and they were very alarmed at the risks that these experimental "vaccines" come with. I am not an "anti-vaxxer", I've gotten most of my shots and so has my nearly two month old son. However, these "vaccines" are DANGEROUS, they are not telling you the full story, at the very least wait until this winter passes because by the time autumn comes, we could be witnessing some horrific outcomes related with these "vaccines".

You can watch the interview with the two medical professionals I conducted below and arrive at your own conclusions. Peace and God bless.

Naga Tuma
Member+

Post by Naga Tuma » 03 Jun 2021, 18:39

teodroseIII,

Thank you much for the info and the link.

It has been intuitive that naturally developing antibodies in people exposed to COVID-19 and surviving are enduring better than those generated from vaccinations. Your interview reinforces it. That fact alone can lead to a big scientific discourse now and into the future. Strengthening therapeutics will help in this scientific discourse.

In terms of the risks from these vaccines, I am from a school of thought that in this kind of pandemic that affects all, it may be better to be a causality with the majority than become a survivor as a minority. Then again, that is just me.

At the same time, as much as I do not have any scientific clue about the long-term effects of mRNAs, I intuitively think that our body system is a well-made biological system that may not give you a long-term appointment. It reacts repulsively at a moment's notice and either overcomes it or fails to do so quickly and sends you a notice by way of symptoms without an appointed time.

I wish you the best of success in your journalistic venture. I think you can go a long way like many other successful journalists if you focus more on what your guests know for a fact and what they do not know and limiting dwelling on assumptions. I don't mean to be an armchair commentator here, just a little feedback as a listener.

Naga Tuma
Member+

Post by Naga Tuma » 03 Jul 2021, 14:53

I keep wondering about the research potential of the advantages and disadvantages of natural and vaccine immunities against this virus. It has redefined what it means to be us humans. It may be of great interest in the long run for curious researchers in this field.