Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Horus
Senior Member+

Sudan Proposes An Eastern Nile Economic Bloc (Ethio-Sudan & others)

Post by Horus » 10 May 2021, 02:19

Listen to the former Sudanese minister of Irrigation discussing Ethio-Sudanese economic integration ....

gearhead
Member+

Re: Sudan Proposes An Eastern Nile Economic Bloc (Ethio-Sudan & others)

Post by gearhead » 10 May 2021, 14:17

It isnt even optional እኮ!! It is an existential threat that Egypt is refusing to become a full fledge member of the NBI technical team; and if when it does that, it is opting to create smaller Ethiopia's as an only means of survival!

But then, which politician can avoid the temptation of wallowing in the firewood that egypt provides? Meles to his credit was disciplined enough to refuse to address any nile issue that hasn't cascaded out of the NBI technical committee. Hailemariam started tampering with agendas independent of NBI tech Committee, Abiy totally destroyed it with EZEMA acting patriotic p!mp of the delirium.

The details of what this man proposed is not as important as establishing the structure through which various options are entertained, away from politicians and youtube drama queens.

gearhead
Member+

Post by gearhead » 11 May 2021, 21:34

-Ethiopia provides all the power from GERD2, and some from GERD3!!

-Sudan provides the land to supply ALL the food needs of Ethiopia, province Eritrea and Egypt!!

Cross country legal structure, Project Finance, Human Capital...

The more i sleep on it, the more this idea is turning me on!

Evaporative losses at aswan is currently at 10bcm. this doesnt include losses along the way.

This sudanese brother needs to be interviewed by a major media!

TGAA
Member+

Post by TGAA » 11 May 2021, 22:15

gearhead wrote:
10 May 2021, 14:17
It isnt even optional እኮ!! It is an existential threat that Egypt is refusing to become a full fledge member of the NBI technical team; and if when it does that, it is opting to create smaller Ethiopia's as an only means of survival!

But then, which politician can avoid the temptation of wallowing in the firewood that egypt provides? Meles to his credit was disciplined enough to refuse to address any nile issue that hasn't cascaded out of the NBI technical committee. Hailemariam started tampering with agendas independent of NBI tech Committee, Abiy totally destroyed it with EZEMA acting patriotic p!mp of the delirium.

The details of what this man proposed is not as important as establishing the structure through which various options are entertained, away from politicians and youtube drama queens.
I give credit to Meles only in one respect and that is for good or ill (which I think is ill) he let the rubber meets the road. That was a biggie. But he was reckless enough to ask Egypt to invest in GRD and at the cost of 2 billion. Do you have a clue what would have happened if Egypt were on the decision-making board with a 1 / 2 share on the construction? Luckily, Egypt refused to participate but had Egypt invested in the project, it would have used it as a Trojan Horse to undo the whole GRD project. If you look at it from this angle Melese's praised the so-called discipline could have brought a disaster. I don't have any Idea why you mix EZEMA in this " is EZEMA " the only seasoning in town for the purpose of scapegoating?

tesfalemsebhatu

Post by tesfalemsebhatu » 11 May 2021, 22:49

:roll: :roll:
gearhead wrote:
11 May 2021, 21:34
-Ethiopia provides all the power from GERD2, and some from GERD3!!

-Sudan provides the land to supply ALL the food needs of Ethiopia, province Eritrea and Egypt!!

Cross country legal structure, Project Finance, Human Capital...

The more i sleep on it, the more this idea is turning me on!

Evaporative losses at aswan is currently at 10bcm. this doesnt include losses along the way.

This sudanese brother needs to be interviewed by a major media!

gearhead
Member+

Post by gearhead » 11 May 2021, 23:33

EZEMA is the only organization that was caught on tape to have received 0.5 to 1 billion a year from egypt!and that much for what? to democratize ethiopia? Not so! How deep that tie-in goes; if it goes all the way to installing a prime minister?not known but all indications are that, a one party transition roadmap has been on effect whose fruits are crisis; my gut feel is more crisis is on its way! EZEMAs/ Abiys payback to egypt is going to be delivered through introducing patriotic stresses to the system beyond what it can handle. As to GERD, it is to champion a fill rate (5bcm/yr) that will delay and kill off the useful economic life of the DAM. EZEMA and Abiy successfully sold off a 5bcm fill last year, as if it was a patriotic victory. It is only after this ezema/abiy folly was exposed that the engineers mustered the courage to commit to 18bcm this year.

During Meles, egypt was in crisis to be an issue. The tripartite technical committee was the passing technical feasibility issues, meles' main objectors were river NGOs from California which he fended off with his sharp mouth. The issue of egypt as a shareholder came up during HMD and what was discussed was a minority stake, by definition of no decision effect.
TGAA wrote:
11 May 2021, 22:15
gearhead wrote:
10 May 2021, 14:17

I give credit to Meles only in one respect and that is for good or ill (which I think is ill) he let the rubber meets the road. That was a biggie. But he was reckless enough to ask Egypt to invest in GRD and at the cost of 2 billion. Do you have a clue what would have happened if Egypt were on the decision-making board with a 1 / 2 share on the construction? Luckily, Egypt refused to participate but had Egypt invested in the project, it would have used it as a Trojan Horse to undo the whole GRD project. If you look at it from this angle Melese's praised the so-called discipline could have brought a disaster. I don't have any Idea why you mix EZEMA in this " is EZEMA " the only seasoning in town for the purpose of scapegoating?

TGAA
Member+

Post by TGAA » 12 May 2021, 00:01

I heard that Ezema had gotten $500000 from Eritrea , but "caught on tape to have received 0.5 to 1 billion a year from Egypt!" Bring it on let us hear the tape.

gearhead
Member+

Post by gearhead » 12 May 2021, 01:37

Perhaps...the portion caught on tape, a zero here and there,yet doesnt change the fact other than the service of killing the dam by slowing down offer at a cheaper rate.The last 2 years, ethiopia has lost 10bcm every year yet it was championed off as a patriotic victory by EZEMA and friends.

For anyone who has experienced Dr. Birhanu-- the bold manner that he prices things, it is highly unlikely that he would entangle himself with the arab world and remain at 500k. How and why EZEMA became the ONLY author of the transition roadmap still remains a mistery; the underhandedness the main reason for the voter apathy.