Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
temari

PP's "Balancing Politics" - My take on why the likes of Prof Abera and Yeharerwerk are accused of terrorism

Post by temari » 06 May 2021, 16:32

Recently there was a demonstration in a town in Oromia region and the town's mayor and the demonstrators were denouncing both OLF-Shene and ABN/NAMA as terrorists. I was perplexed about PP accusing a legally registered opposition party as a terrorist while it is just competing in the current election. I asked one of PP Oromia officials why they are doing such absurd things while well knowing there is no way one can compare Shene and ABN. Even election board had to step in and rebuke PP for this such outrageous accusation.

The PP official said "in reality our target is not ABN but Shene. But if we only denounce Shene, Oromos think we are attacking Oromos exclusively so we have to add some Amharas too to balance it". Only this "balancing politics" shades light why the likes of Eskender Nega are in jail at the same time with Jawar & co. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of Eskender and I think he is an Oromophobic and uses Baldaras to promote an Amhara agenda. But still there is no way Eskender can be accused and jailed for such crimes. It is clear he was jailed not for planning terrorist activity or the likes but just to balance Jawar & co. No wonder the prosecutors until now couldn't bring one single criminal charge against him.

I have just heard that PP has got a detailed list of individuals and officials in Oromia that were working with or are members of OLF-Shene. I also heard that PP is to start a mass arrest in Oromia and just before it did this, it came up with some "Amhara terrorist" group that are only there to balance the massive arrest that is coming to Oromia. I don't know where this "balancing politics" leads but for now PP seem to stick to it and every time an Oromo political leader, terrorist group etc. is targeted, another Amhara group or individual is also targeted just "to balance" it.

Without the context of PP's "balancing politics" it is impossible to understand the current terrorist accusation. Come on, we know these people are not terrorists and they never were a threat to the state or anybody. Some of them are even well known supporters of PM Abiy. Even the accusation that was presented on ETV is laughable like they wrote a constitution. Anybody can write and propose a constitution. That is not a crime. Only imposing one's political will with violence means is a crime. There is also absolutely nothing that the government gains by accusing these people of terrorism other than alienating many Ethiopians. So it makes zero sense to accuse them of terrorism until we see the government's actions in the context of PP's balancing politics. Only in the light of PP's balancing politics would the absurd accusation makes sense. We will be hearing massive arrests in Oromia region soon which I am already hearing has started. That is the main target.

Last edited by temari on 06 May 2021, 16:47, edited 2 times in total.

Noble Amhara

Re: PP's "Balancing Politics" - My take on why the likes of Prof Abera and Yeharerwerk are accused of terrorism

Post by Noble Amhara » 06 May 2021, 16:39

Fascistic Shane ENDF Getachew Gudina set 3 Amhara towns on fire burned down karakore ataye and shewarobit displaced 200,000 Amharas from their indigenous ancient lands and aided Oromo militias to burn down Amhara villages in Amhara region he must be held accountable how can Ethiopia defense force have Oromo terrorist killing innocent Amharas inside Amhara region these secrets are good to expose through mass demonstrations Oromo terrorists that live on killing other ethnics must be exposed and brought to Justice they are making hell across the country Convince and confuse is wel demonstrated ENDF or Meklaklya is actually comprised of many Fascistic OLF that love to prey on defense less people

Abere

Re: PP's "Balancing Politics" - My take on why the likes of Prof Abera and Yeharerwerk are accused of terrorism

Post by Abere » 06 May 2021, 16:58

temari,
I did not know until now you are an Amhara phobic. Wow, your talking very crude. The role of a legitiamte government is not playing a seesaw "balancing politics", jailing a none tribalist human right activist Eskindir Nega to please/accompany the notorious Oromuma terrorist Jawar Mohamed or Jail peaceful Amhara people voice ABN to win the hearts of terrorist OLF thugs officially armed to their teeth , burn cities, murder, mutilate citizens. I think you are unwisely meddling in Ethiopian affairs. We know who the bad guys are.

temari

Post by temari » 06 May 2021, 17:05

Abere wrote:
06 May 2021, 16:58
temari,
I did not know until now you are an Amhara phobic. Wow, your talking very crude. The role of a legitiamte government is not playing a seesaw "balancing politics", jailing a none tribalist human right activist Eskindir Nega to please/accompany the notorious Oromuma terrorist Jawar Mohamed or Jail peaceful Amhara people voice ABN to win the hearts of terrorist OLF thugs officially armed to their teeth , burn cities, murder, mutilate citizens. I think you are unwisely meddling in Ethiopian affairs. We know who the bad guys are.
Hmm, I am just explaining how PP is working and I said PP is jailing innocent Amharas just to balance. How does that make me Amharaphobic? Because I explained how PP is working?

Abere

Post by Abere » 06 May 2021, 18:59

temari,

I sincerely apologize for misreading your statements.
temari wrote:
06 May 2021, 17:05

Hmm, I am just explaining how PP is working and I said PP is jailing innocent Amharas just to balance. How does that make me Amharaphobic? Because I explained how PP is working?