Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
teodroseIII

Censoring Journalists and Silencing Dissent: a Global Va☠️☠️ine Agenda that Revives the Ugly Legacy of Goebbels

Post by teodroseIII » 01 May 2021, 11:42

For the first seven years of my life, I grew up in a totalitarian state where people were bullied into compliance and kept silent about the brutalities of the government out of fear of being targeted next. Born in 1974, the same year Haile Selassie was deposed by Marxists thugs, I saw first hand the horrors that were purveyed by the ruling class as Menginstu Hailemariam and the Derg junta rose to power using the pains of the marginalized only to commit a genocide against 500,000 Ethiopians. As always, revolutions are birthed by idealists and aborted by malicious opportunists.

To this day, millions of Ethiopians carry traumas in their hearts from the terrors they experienced for nearly two decades of brutal despotism. As appalling as the deaths of a half million men, women and children were, the anxieties and pervasive sense of anxiety that were perpetuated by the ruling class was equally disquieting for those who survived. It would take volumes of books to detail the barbarities of a tin pot dictator who leveraged the public good and manufactured crises to foment strife and enforce his heinous agendas through a mix of disinformation, persecutions and censoring dissent....continued...

READ FULL ARTICLE AT: https://ghionjournal.com/censoring-jour ... agenda-21/