Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Somaliman
Member
Posts: 2255
Joined: 09 Nov 2007, 20:12
Location: Heaven

The Somali Parliament has Voted

Post by Somaliman » 01 May 2021, 09:47

MOGADISHU (HOL) - Somalia Parliament has voted to adopt the September 17, 2020 Agreement following President Mohamed Farmaajo’s appeal in what now nullifies the April 12 resolution that extended his term by two years.

Ahead of the vote, Farmaajo appealed to the lawmakers to endorse the Agreement between the Federal Government and the Federal Member States in September 2020 and subsequently approved by the Lower House.

“The reason we are going back to this agreement is that it was unanimously supported by the national consultative forum in order to save the country from political instability and to urgently head to commonly agreed elections,” Farmaajo told lawmakers.





https://hiiraan.com/news4/2021/May/1824 ... pdateFront

Jaegol
Member
Posts: 390
Joined: 31 Oct 2019, 20:06

Re: The Somali Parliament has Voted

Post by Jaegol » 01 May 2021, 12:37

Is Mr Farmajo stepping down or running for re-election?

Somaliman
Member
Posts: 2255
Joined: 09 Nov 2007, 20:12
Location: Heaven

Re: The Somali Parliament has Voted

Post by Somaliman » 01 May 2021, 15:01

Jaegol wrote:
01 May 2021, 12:37
Is Mr Farmajo stepping down or running for re-election?





Many thought that he had been stepping down, but apparently he's running for re-election.

Like opiods, power seems to create an addictive high in the brain, and like addicts, people in positions of power tend to seek to maintain the high they get from power at all costs. Farmajo is displaying most common signs and symptoms of such an addiction, I'm afraid!

To prove what I've said above, let me tell you this:

Three years ago, Farmajo said confidently on the TV that he would not seek any re-election at the end of his (one) term and that he would also abandon politics for good, but he's now making every effort possible to stay in power as long as possible!

Cigar
Member+
Posts: 9313
Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 00:03

Re: The Somali Parliament has Voted

Post by Cigar » 01 May 2021, 15:23

Not that I have any idea that Farmagio is a good or bad leader, but if he wants he should put his name on the ballot. If the Somalis didn't like his leadership they won't vote for him.
Let's say according to the stupid constitution that he is not allowed to participate in the contest. Then what happens if a shitier candidate wins the presidency?
Look what happened in the USA Regan, Clinton and Obama (even if he was not that good) got prohibited from running for their third or fourth or fifth terms.
The two Bushes and Trump wouldn't have chance of being POTUSs.
Democracy and constitutions doesn't mean they always work for different scenarios.
Look at Eritrea. Even though it is obvious that PIA would win any election even at 100 years old, why the need to conduct an election when we know that we have it made? Why rock the boat?
But since there is great doubt about Firmagio in Somalia, it doesn't hurt the people to let him contest and they will have their say at the ballot box. That way, he will understand that they don't want him and smooth power transfer will occur.

Blueshift
Member
Posts: 117
Joined: 30 Mar 2021, 19:34

Re: The Somali Parliament has Voted

Post by Blueshift » 01 May 2021, 16:24

Cigar wrote,
Look at Eritrea. Even though it is obvious that PIA would win any election even at 100 years old, why the need to conduct an election when we know that we have it made? Why rock the boat?
:lol: :lol: That is a joke on the Eritrean people. Thirty years and counting, Eritrea remains one of the very poorest country in the world. No constitution etcc.......Depopulated from 6 mil to 3.5 mil. Off course there is no need to conduct an election for will never be a fair election in the first place. Give him credit for that. Formajo, he lives in a very violent country. He is better off stepping down with dignity. Though he lost a lot of it already. To federate Somalia with Ethiopia is a shot gun wedding. :lol: It can never happen unless ISSIS rebirth with vengeance becomes a reality. BTW, Economic union is an excuse for federation. Ethiopia does not have any capacity to be federated with any other country. The house is already on fire. Any sane leadership would seek for fire extinguisher first. I don't think Abby is getting it. :evil: :lol:

Jaegol
Member
Posts: 390
Joined: 31 Oct 2019, 20:06

Re: The Somali Parliament has Voted

Post by Jaegol » 01 May 2021, 16:31

Thanks for the clarification! That’s what I thought that he’s running for re-election and may the best for 🇸🇴 win

Somaliman wrote:
01 May 2021, 15:01
Jaegol wrote:
01 May 2021, 12:37
Is Mr Farmajo stepping down or running for re-election?





Many thought that he had been stepping down, but apparently he's running for re-election.

Like opiods, power seems to create an addictive high in the brain, and like addicts, people in positions of power tend to seek to maintain the high they get from power at all costs. Farmajo is displaying most common signs and symptoms of such an addiction, I'm afraid!

To prove what I've said above, let me tell you this:

Three years ago, Farmajo said confidently on the TV that he would not seek any re-election at the end of his (one) term and that he would also abandon politics for good, but he's now making every effort possible to stay in power as long as possible!

Somaliman
Member
Posts: 2255
Joined: 09 Nov 2007, 20:12
Location: Heaven

Re: The Somali Parliament has Voted

Post by Somaliman » 01 May 2021, 16:39

Blueshift wrote:
01 May 2021, 16:24
Cigar wrote,
Look at Eritrea. Even though it is obvious that PIA would win any election even at 100 years old, why the need to conduct an election when we know that we have it made? Why rock the boat?
:lol: :lol: That is a joke on the Eritrean people. Thirty years and counting, Eritrea remains one of the very poorest country in the world. No constitution etcc.......Depopulated from 6 mil to 3.5 mil. Off course there is no need to conduct an election for will never be a fair election in the first place. Give him credit for that. Formajo, he lives in a very violent country. He is better off stepping down with dignity. Though he lost a lot of it already. To federate Somalia with Ethiopia is a shot gun wedding. :lol: It can never happen unless ISSIS rebirth with vengeance becomes a reality. BTW, Economic union is an excuse for federation. Ethiopia does not have any capacity to be federated with any other country. The house is already on fire. Any sane leadership would seek for fire extinguisher first. I don't think Abby is getting it. :evil: :lol:






To federate Somalia with Ethiopia is a shot gun wedding.
Ethiopia does not have any capacity to be federated with any other country.
Who is talking about federating Somalia with Ethiopia, or Ethiopia federating with another country!!

Blueshift
Member
Posts: 117
Joined: 30 Mar 2021, 19:34

Re: The Somali Parliament has Voted

Post by Blueshift » 01 May 2021, 16:54

Somali man,

I should have kept quite. If you had heard Isayas speech on Somalis not capable of protecting their 3000 kilometers shores, you would have understood a thing or two. Off course, Isayas said that indirectly to the Eritrean people that Eritrea will join forces with some powers from the Area to protect its shores. But, again, that does not say directly or could be the consequence for federation, but he had always advocated regional integration in Eastern African countries. All of a sudden, Dina Mufti belittles our independence officially, (Dina would dare that with out Abbiy's permission), and the Eritrean government, mom is the word. That is very unusual. Kenya, Djibouti and Sudan get upset in what was going on among the three heads. Kenya even does the unthinkable. 8)

tolcha
Member
Posts: 2892
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 16:51

Re: The Somali Parliament has Voted

Post by tolcha » 01 May 2021, 16:57

Somaliman wrote:
01 May 2021, 15:01
Jaegol wrote:
01 May 2021, 12:37
Is Mr Farmajo stepping down or running for re-election?





Many thought that he had been stepping down, but apparently he's running for re-election.

Like opiods, power seems to create an addictive high in the brain, and like addicts, people in positions of power tend to seek to maintain the high they get from power at all costs. Farmajo is displaying most common signs and symptoms of such an addiction, I'm afraid!

To prove what I've said above, let me tell you this:

Three years ago, Farmajo said confidently on the TV that he would not seek any re-election at the end of his (one) term and that he would also abandon politics for good, but he's now making every effort possible to stay in power as long as possible!

May I add two others: PIA and Abiy Ahmed.

Cigar
Member+
Posts: 9313
Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 00:03

Re: The Somali Parliament has Voted

Post by Cigar » 01 May 2021, 17:25

To the guy who badmouthed Eritrea and PIA.
First of all, if PIA was not in power so far, Eritrea would have been in a worse situation had woyane its masters plans succeeded.
So first thing is first. Eritrea is standing tall against all the odds.
As far as your lame narratives of refugees, why the fu*ck did you all fled your countries? At least in Eritreans case, they were inticed to leave it in a fake pretence of refugee status aka lottery winning ticket which I bet majority of you cowards took advantage of it pretending to be Eritreans.
Woyane had democracy, constitution and free election crap, right? Where is it now? Burried 100 feet down.
Keep on trying to smear Eritrea's name. But, it will soon be the model country on standing on your own feet.
And that is what scarring the sh*it out of you and your kinds.
The refugee enticement actually is working in Eritrea's favor. I mean, thanks to the burying of woyane overwhelming number of Eritreans are now behind the govt and thus Eritrea won't even need any aid from any country. The diaspora Eritreans who fled Eritrea with fake premises are enough to let it run by only supporting their immediate family members. Remember Eritrea doesn't have too many hungry mouths to feed like Ethiopia and other countries.
You all cry on why Wedi Afom is in power for 30 years, not because you care about Eritrean people, but because you know that he is pain in any body's [deleted] who trys to fu*ck with Eritrea and you want Eritrea to get in trouble.
Ain't happening.
Again Eritrea has its own unique democracy and unwritten constitution.
We are learning how the white man is playing the African countries for their interests.

Somaliman
Member
Posts: 2255
Joined: 09 Nov 2007, 20:12
Location: Heaven

Re: The Somali Parliament has Voted

Post by Somaliman » 01 May 2021, 17:43

tolcha wrote:
01 May 2021, 16:57
Somaliman wrote:
01 May 2021, 15:01
Jaegol wrote:
01 May 2021, 12:37
Is Mr Farmajo stepping down or running for re-election?





Many thought that he had been stepping down, but apparently he's running for re-election.

Like opiods, power seems to create an addictive high in the brain, and like addicts, people in positions of power tend to seek to maintain the high they get from power at all costs. Farmajo is displaying most common signs and symptoms of such an addiction, I'm afraid!

To prove what I've said above, let me tell you this:

Three years ago, Farmajo said confidently on the TV that he would not seek any re-election at the end of his (one) term and that he would also abandon politics for good, but he's now making every effort possible to stay in power as long as possible!

May I add two others: PIA and Abiy Ahmed.






I wonder whether it's worth tiring yourself out adding others, as even our most praised head of state in Africa, Paul Kagame, got re-elected with 99% of vote in Rwanda's last election!

Africa is endowed not only with natural resources, but also dictators!

Somaliman
Member
Posts: 2255
Joined: 09 Nov 2007, 20:12
Location: Heaven

Re: The Somali Parliament has Voted

Post by Somaliman » 01 May 2021, 18:39

Blueshift wrote:
01 May 2021, 16:54
Somali man,

I should have kept quite. If you had heard Isayas speech on Somalis not capable of protecting their 3000 kilometers shores, you would have understood a thing or two. Off course, Isayas said that indirectly to the Eritrean people that Eritrea will join forces with some powers from the Area to protect its shores. But, again, that does not say directly or could be the consequence for federation, but he had always advocated regional integration in Eastern African countries. All of a sudden, Dina Mufti belittles our independence officially, (Dina would dare that with out Abbiy's permission), and the Eritrean government, mom is the word. That is very unusual. Kenya, Djibouti and Sudan get upset in what was going on among the three heads. Kenya even does the unthinkable. 8)





If PIA said that Somalia' was not capable of protecting its shores, then he didn't say anything wrong, as everybody, Somalis in the first place, know that this is true.

As for protecting Somalia's shores, I believe he only meant well, as after all he knows perfectly well that without Somalis' full consent no such a joint force would be able to do anything.

How can we talk about federation between countries in the HoA, when the existing fereations within countries such as in Ethiopia and Somalia are not working at all! Before we even talk about a proper cooperation (leave alone federation) between countries in the HoA, each country has to do its homework and clean up its internal mess.

Blueshift
Member
Posts: 117
Joined: 30 Mar 2021, 19:34

Re: The Somali Parliament has Voted

Post by Blueshift » 01 May 2021, 19:13

Somali man wrote,
How can we talk about federation between countries in the HoA, when the existing fereations within countries such as in Ethiopia and Somalia are not working at all! Before we even talk about a proper cooperation (leave alone federation) between countries in the HoA, each country has to do its homework and clean up its internal mess
Well said. If I can add something, each country should respect the territorial integrity of the other.

Blueshift
Member
Posts: 117
Joined: 30 Mar 2021, 19:34

Re: The Somali Parliament has Voted

Post by Blueshift » 01 May 2021, 19:23

Brain dead Cigar wrote,
First of all, if PIA was not in power so far, Eritrea would have been in a worse situation had woyane its masters plans succeeded.
So first thing is first. Eritrea is standing tall against all the odds.
If this if that. Ask world opinion and they will tell you Eritrea is North Korea of Africa. If Eritrea was led by any patriotic Eritreans, there were many, Eritrea would be standing tall and prosperous with all of its 6 million people healthy, kicking and intact today. :lol:
Again Eritrea has its own unique democracy and unwritten constitution.
Genius ???? what an idiot. White people would call that dead brain gorilla talk :lol: :twisted:

Cigar
Member+
Posts: 9313
Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 00:03

Re: The Somali Parliament has Voted

Post by Cigar » 01 May 2021, 21:22

Bluesh*it stop your crocodile tears for the Eritrean people you filthy agame.
Aren't all your snotty agames in this site saying that PIA will die or his time is up, because him being the leader of Eritrea is b*utt hurting you and them? Why would you have different idea than your dumb as*ses brothers that you try to sound that you are saying so, because you care about Eritreans.
As a coward and dying agame why the hell do you care who is the leader of Eritrea, Mongolia, Uganda, France.......?
PIA is almost done on clearing the garbage called tegarus from the region and then Eritrea will travel a smooth road.
We didn't bite our teeth for 3 decades for nothing. Our objective, more than our internal affair was for used in destroying woyane and the rest of you filthy agames.
We don't want our young generation to deal with you rats.
Just sit your qondaf agame a'ss and come back and tell me you told me so in couple years.
As far as the white will laugh at my factual comment, first it shows that you worship them and were bending over for their interests while you were in power and they used you like a condom and threw you in the dumpster.
We didn't only destroy your coward tplf aka woyane, we also told your white masters to mind their freaking business and to not tell us how to run our country and told them to shove their kind of democracy which they force you to apply, which became one of your demise mechanism.
Again, why do you freaking care about Eritrea and Eritreans. We certainly don't give a s*hit who leads you so long it is not woyane. And we have the power to decimate woyane which we did and you are dead man walking let alone to change our leadership, you still don't know where your next wheat is coming from.
Trust me that your fate is sealed by Eritrea and Eritreans and once you pass your grievances, you will come back to beg Eritrea to open the border.....like your officials died saying the same thing.

sun
Member+
Posts: 5858
Joined: 15 Sep 2013, 16:00

Re: The Somali Parliament has Voted

Post by sun » 01 May 2021, 21:38

Blueshift wrote:
01 May 2021, 16:54
Somali man,

I should have kept quite. If you had heard Isayas speech on Somalis not capable of protecting their 3000 kilometers shores, you would have understood a thing or two. Off course, Isayas said that indirectly to the Eritrean people that Eritrea will join forces with some powers from the Area to protect its shores. But, again, that does not say directly or could be the consequence for federation, but he had always advocated regional integration in Eastern African countries. All of a sudden, Dina Mufti belittles our independence officially, (Dina would dare that with out Abbiy's permission), and the Eritrean government, mom is the word. That is very unusual. Kenya, Djibouti and Sudan get upset in what was going on among the three heads. Kenya even does the unthinkable. 8)
I don't know what you mean by the statement, "Kenya even does the unthinkable." but yet Somalia and Kenya are bitterly competing over the abundant potential natural resource found along their common seashores on which even major external powers have their eyes firmly fixed. That is why they tend to market and force feed democracy to Somalia so that it may possibly fall apart and become like Afghanistan while Kenya may have free ride without being disturbed by any tide. :P

Blueshift
Member
Posts: 117
Joined: 30 Mar 2021, 19:34

Re: The Somali Parliament has Voted

Post by Blueshift » 01 May 2021, 22:16

Cigar aka Tesfaye from Wollo,

You are shyyyt head. Is that good news or bad ? :lol: :lol:

Sun,
I hope you are not that man who calls himself Fiyameta !!! Fetish, you know. That guy gives me the creeps :lol: :lol: Kenya intentionally started to claim Somali lands just to disrupt what was going on with the Horn of Africa tripartite horn leaders . What are the odds that Sudan attacks Ethiopia and Kenya does the same thing to Somalia during the Tigray invasion by Abbiy ? I have nothing against the law and order mission, but human right violations on Ethiopian nationals is what raised the eye browse of the West . You know how Abbiy was received in Kenya during that time . Kenya and co. do not like the integration economic/political mumbo jumbo. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fed_Up
Senior Member
Posts: 16836
Joined: 15 Apr 2009, 10:50

Re: The Somali Parliament has Voted

Post by Fed_Up » 02 May 2021, 00:36

ልክ ካስገባሽ በሆላ... If I were you I would shut ma hole up and hide my ignorance. Somaliman is genius!
Blueshift wrote:
01 May 2021, 19:13
Somali man wrote,
How can we talk about federation between countries in the HoA, when the existing fereations within countries such as in Ethiopia and Somalia are not working at all! Before we even talk about a proper cooperation (leave alone federation) between countries in the HoA, each country has to do its homework and clean up its internal mess
Well said. If I can add something, each country should respect the territorial integrity of the other.

Blueshift
Member
Posts: 117
Joined: 30 Mar 2021, 19:34

Re: The Somali Parliament has Voted

Post by Blueshift » 02 May 2021, 01:41

Amiche boy Feddy,

Thanks but no thanks. BTW, that formajo guy looks like a fool. :lol: Take your own advice. Shut your hole up :lol: :lol: BTW, why don't you take ESL classes like Eritrean Second Language classes. If it isn't too late already :lol:

Fed_Up
Senior Member
Posts: 16836
Joined: 15 Apr 2009, 10:50

Re: The Somali Parliament has Voted

Post by Fed_Up » 02 May 2021, 08:37

Blueshift wrote:
02 May 2021, 01:41
Amiche boy Feddy,

Thanks but no thanks. BTW, that formajo guy looks like a fool. :lol: Take your own advice. Shut your hole up :lol: :lol: BTW, why don't you take ESL classes like Eritrean Second Language classes. If it isn't too late already :lol:
Thanks for the advice and you will lead me by example. If you don’t noticed, let me break it for ya how we always view you... as certified ዴዴብ::

You sound offended ... yes you got screwed by somaliman softy. Just put your tail between your two skinny and wrinkly old legs and disappear... ቻውውው certified ዴዴቡ :P

Post Reply