Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Aba

The fragility of press freedom

Post by Aba » 29 Apr 2021, 02:15

A free media is not something we should take for granted. Neither is the public’s guaranteed trust in the fourth estate

https://www.businesslive.co.za/fm/featu ... s-freedom/
Good news: an African nation has climbed to the top of the inverted pyramid of press freedom. Bad news: that means Eritrea is now the worst country in the world in this category and North Korea, one of the perennial losers in the Reporters Without Borders (RSF) annual world press freedom index, moves off the foot of the table...

Follower

Re: The fragility of press freedom

Post by Follower » 29 Apr 2021, 03:55

Aba wrote:
29 Apr 2021, 02:15
A free media is not something we should take for granted. Neither is the public’s guaranteed trust in the fourth estate

Good news: an African nation has climbed to the top of the inverted pyramid of press freedom. Bad news: that means Eritrea is now the worst country in the world in this category and North Korea, one of the perennial losers in the Reporters Without Borders (RSF) annual world press freedom index, moves off the foot of the table...

"እንኳዕ መልክዕ ሃበኒ እምበር ዉሕልነት ሲ ካብ ጎረቤተይ"ከም ዝበሃል
እንኳዕ ናትና እንብላ ሃገር ኤርትራ ሃለወትና( እንኳዕ ከማኹም ኣንቱም ሩጉማት ዘርኢ ዓጋመ ናንዳማትና ባሕርን, ናንዳማትና ለምለም መሬትን ክንጎብጥ ነታ ንእሽቶይ ትግራይ ኩም ስኢንኩም መሬ ኣልቦ ዝኾንኹም , መሬት አልቦ ኣይኮንና) እምብር ፍረኤዶም ኦፍ ፕረስስስ ሲ ካብ ዓለምና ንመሃሮ.

ሕንቅል ሕንቅሊተይ, ብዛዕባ ሃግረ ኤርትራ ,24/7 ምgooጋልን ኣብ አስፋልት
ምንግርጋርን እንታይ ተመሳስልነት ኣለዎም ?

Aba

Post by Aba » 29 Apr 2021, 06:48

...Yes, Eritrea is now the country with the most oppressive government when it comes to media freedom. It’s not a huge shift. Eritrea, North Korea and Turkmenistan generally muck about in the dirty end of the pool.

These three countries are what the DA would refer to as "effective dictatorships", where the media is entirely controlled. Turkmenistan and North Korea can blithely claim they had no Covid cases, and Eritrea — I’m going to quote this bit in full, because it sounds horrifying — can "maintain complete silence about the fate of 11 journalists who were arrested 20 years ago, some of whom have allegedly been held in metal containers in the middle of a desert".

Dark humour aside, some of the index’s biggest gains are African nations, with Sierra Leone up 10 places to 75, after the repeal of a criminal libel law that stifled free speech. Mali rose nine spots to 99 (it has cut down the number of abuses against journalists). Burundi is up 13 places to 147 (it has released from jail four journalists from IWACU, the country’s last independent media outlet, and given them a presidential pardon)...

kerenite

Post by kerenite » 29 Apr 2021, 15:03

Aba wrote:

A duplicate, deleted by kerenite.
Last edited by kerenite on 29 Apr 2021, 15:23, edited 1 time in total.

kerenite

Post by kerenite » 29 Apr 2021, 15:15

Aba wrote:

Aite aba ( I believe you are a tigriyan)

Let me share with you this true incident perhaps you may like/dislike it.

But before that....

Eritrea aka higdef regime is now ranked as the last worldwide concerning freedom of press. A year ago north korea was ahead of us but thanks we won.

It means ANDEGNA wetsina in press freedom.

Regarding the term ANDEGNA wetsina, it reminds me of a true story which goes as follows:

During the sillassie era, there was a rubber stamp parliament in ethopia as currently is. Hence during that period of time, there was a tigriyan "parliamentarian" who was representing some part of tigray and this was what he told his friends upon the end of his tenure and back in tigray....

Ane bitebay andegna wetsie...zigermekum Hade gurage neyru Qidmey kof zibele.. Kemza ab sedia (chair) natu ishokh (thorn) zeQemetilu.... Haf kof kibil... Luchi (electricity) delye... Mai (water) delye inabele yeEgergir neyru. Ane gin Hanti keytezarebku bitebay andegna koyne. Lol

Finally, who hates to be andegna? Of course no one.

Derdesha romadania... 13 days to go for Eid alfatir.

Aba

Post by Aba » 29 Apr 2021, 18:00

Kerenite,
I am not Tigrean. Humanitarian, yes. Human rights advocate, yes.
kerenite wrote:
29 Apr 2021, 15:15
Aba wrote:

Let me share with you this true incident perhaps you may like/dislike it.

But before that....

Eritrea aka higdef regime is now ranked as the last worldwide concerning freedom of press. A year ago north korea was ahead of us but thanks we won.

It means ANDEGNA wetsina in press freedom.

Regarding the term ANDEGNA wetsina, it reminds me of a true story which goes as follows:

During the sillassie era, there was a rubber stamp parliament in ethopia as currently is. Hence during that period of time, there was a tigriyan "parliamentarian" who was representing some part of tigray and this was what he told his friends upon the end of his tenure and back in tigray....

Ane bitebay andegna wetsie...zigermekum Hade gurage neyru Qidmey kof zibele.. Kemza ab sedia (chair) natu ishokh (thorn) zeQemetilu.... Haf kof kibil... Luchi (electricity) delye... Mai (water) delye inabele yeEgergir neyru. Ane gin Hanti keytezarebku bitebay andegna koyne. Lol

Hawzen
Member+

Post by Hawzen » 29 Apr 2021, 18:52

Aba wrote:
29 Apr 2021, 18:00
Kerenite,
kerenite wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have come to realize that brother Kerenite aka wedi Shire is old agame Jeberti. Sadly,, this agame wedi Shire was visiting Mekelle every summer to screw his granddaughters .. I am not sure if wedi Shire is older or younger than his brother ayte Halafi. All I know is the ayte Halafi was born when Moses was leading the Israelites to across the Eritrean Red Sea. But my 6 years old Princess is more matured than the Awrsi monkey :lol: :lol: :lol:

The agame brother Aba aka Adwusha has officially abandoned his agame clan probably after he was embarrassed by the actions of his brothers and sisters aka ተንከባላላይ ዘር. Who would want to be agame anyway :lol: :lol: . I just hope that brother Adwusha has been granted Rwandan Citizenship though :lol:

Dedebit is always dedeb
R.I.P Abay Tigray and TPLF ዱቄት
Last edited by Hawzen on 29 Apr 2021, 20:09, edited 1 time in total.

Aba

Post by Aba » 29 Apr 2021, 19:02

Hawzen, Tigray;
You didn't see one thing I forgot to mention.
Hawzen wrote:
29 Apr 2021, 18:52
Aba wrote:
Kerenite,
I am not Tigrean. Humanitarian, yes. Human rights advocate, yes. Hamassien, yes.
kerenite wrote:

:lol: :lole]

lil kogne

Post by lil kogne » 29 Apr 2021, 19:38

Wow Awetash denies again her Agaminet. A$$wash, why deny? everyone knows who you are. Why not admit and be proud Agame like your countryman Halafi Mitri ? I know it is shame to be from the cursed land Chigray, but you are what you are and I am certain that you probably have that cross mark on your forehead. Awetash just in case you happen to have a child, please do not put that brand on her / his forehead cause he/she will be doomed for life for everyone knows Agame is synonymous with gypsy." I am not Tigrean. Humanitarian, yes. Human rights advocate, yes." Lookie, Lookie what a$$wash wrote trying to fly under the radar denying her identity. Again Awetash, you can not fool anyone any longer may be you should go away like before you came back under different alias "ABA" Abaq the 63 IQ is doing a number on you Agames, you can't even hide your identity . losers ! I hope Kerenite is not as dumb as you are and buy your lies.

kerenite

Post by kerenite » 30 Apr 2021, 12:26

Hawzen wrote:
Aba wrote:
Kerenite,
kerenite wrote:

I have come to realize that brother Kerenite aka wedi Shire is old agame Jeberti. Sadly,, this agame wedi Shire was visiting Mekelle every summer to screw his granddaughters .. I am not sure if wedi Shire is older or younger than his brother ayte Halafi. All I know is the ayte Halafi was born when Moses was leading the Israelites to across the Eritrean Red Sea. But my 6 years old Princess is more matured than the Awrsi monkey :lol: :lol: :lol:

The agame brother Aba aka Adwusha has officially abandoned his agame clan probably after he was embarrassed by the actions of his brothers and sisters aka ተንከባላላይ ዘር. Who would want to be agame anyway :lol: :lol: . I just hope that brother Adwusha has been granted Rwandan Citizenship though :lol:

Dedebit is always dedeb
Anta hulkus wedi komarit hawzien ab zeyHatyatey ketetwini dikha delika?

It is romadan and I don't want to lose some points which I accumulated so far and as such I will not reciprocate in kind by resorting to apply vulgar languages to your uncalled for personal attack ya wedi komarit.

Unprovoked, you popped up to hurl insults at me. Why? Are you craving for my attention? If by that is meant.. zeHmiQo aleni betrei aQebuluni? Then you are in the right address and I will make your Qondaf maakor regret it. Tokkan wedi komarit hawzien.

Keep in your rotten hawzien tiny brain ya ibnel gahba of hawzien that I don't believe in turn the other cheek.

Sebeytay... Gets tselim wukaria.

sebdoyeley
Member+

Post by sebdoyeley » 30 Apr 2021, 12:41

Shiratam shire aka Kereneity, How many time did the Eritrean army raped you today alone. I know you are too old for them but these Eritrean youngsters don't give a F**k about your age.
kerenite wrote:
30 Apr 2021, 12:26
Hawzen wrote:
Aba wrote:
Kerenite,
kerenite wrote:

Dedebit is always dedeb

It is romadan and I don't want to lose some points which I accumulated so far and as such I will not reciprocate in kind by resorting to apply vulgar languages to your uncalled for personal attack ya wedi komarit.

Unprovoked, you popped up to hurl insults at me. Why? Are you craving for my attention? If by that is meant.. zeHmiQo aleni betrei aQebuluni? Then you are in the right address and I will make your Qondaf maakor regret it. Tokkan wedi komarit hawzien.

Keep in your rotten hawzien tiny brain ya ibnel gahba of hawzien that I don't believe in turn the other cheek.

kerenite

Post by kerenite » 30 Apr 2021, 15:06

kerenite wrote:
Hawzen wrote:
Aba wrote:
Kerenite,
kerenite wrote:

Dedebit is always dedeb

A follow up to my above post in which I covered the tigriyan "parliamentarian" and his statement "Bitebay andegna wetsie".

It was an implicit message to those with an average normal IQ.

Thus....

The sudanese sefi hizb revolted against al bashir and they ousted him from power. Their slogans were... Yedabo waga chemere.. Ye benzin waga chemere.. Etc.. Yelem...Imbi aniaqebelewum. They were demonstrating on daily basis...and.
our eri populace back home were/are mum and BITEBAY ANDEGNA WETSIOM

In Somalia, the sefi somali hizb have their intifada as well. The somalis have made formajo to yield to the demands of the courageous somalis... And our people back home are mum and BITEBAY ANDEGNA WETSIOM.

I wonder when will our sefi hizb wake up from hibernation.

sebdoyeley
Member+

Post by sebdoyeley » 30 Apr 2021, 16:02

Shiratam Shire, first we will pull out our precious d*ick from your behind. :P
kerenite wrote:
30 Apr 2021, 15:06
kerenite wrote:
Hawzen wrote:
Aba wrote:
Kerenite,
kerenite wrote:

The agame brother Aba aka Adwusha has officially abandoned his agame clan probably after he was embarrassed by the actions of his brothers and sisters aka ተንከባላላይ ዘር. Who would want to be agame anyway . I just hope that brother Adwusha has been granted Rwandan Citizenship though :lol:

Dedebit is always dedeb

A follow up to my above post in which I covered the tigriyan "parliamentarian" and his statement "Bitebay andegna wetsie".

Thus....

The sudanese sefi hizb revolted against al bashir and they ousted him from power. Their slogans were... Yedabo waga chemere.. Ye benzin waga chemere.. Etc.. Yelem...Imbi aniaqebelewum. They were demonstrating on daily basis...and.

In Somalia, the sefi somali hizb have their intifada as well. The somalis have made formajo to yield to the demands of the courageous somalis... And our people back home are mum and BITEBAY ANDEGNA WETSIOM.

kerenite

Post by kerenite » 01 May 2021, 16:53

sebdoyeley wrote:
30 Apr 2021, 16:02
kerenite wrote:
kerenite wrote:
Hawzen wrote:
Aba wrote:
Kerenite,
kerenite wrote:

The agame brother Aba aka Adwusha has officially abandoned his agame clan probably after he was embarrassed by the actions of his brothers and sisters aka ተንከባላላይ ዘር. Who would want to be agame anyway . I just hope that brother Adwusha has been granted Rwandan Citizenship though :lol:

Dedebit is always dedeb

Thus....

I wonder! Spammers, drunkards and drugged street boys are allowed here to maliciously kill any plausible discussion on this forum.

I wonder if this website I mean its forum has a moderator. Why? In other websites and outlets any guidelines abuser is warned. The dude above is abusing your posting guidelines.

Any action against him? Lol... Of course not regardless of your posting guidelines. Lol
Last edited by kerenite on 01 May 2021, 17:42, edited 1 time in total.

sebdoyeley
Member+

Post by sebdoyeley » 01 May 2021, 17:22

Shiratam-shire, I am Eritrean, no one going to do shitt here, did you flip your behind towards the fa66et mahamed today. :lol: :lol:
kerenite wrote:
01 May 2021, 16:53
sebdoyeley wrote:
30 Apr 2021, 16:02
kerenite wrote:
kerenite wrote:
Hawzen wrote:
Aba wrote:
Kerenite,
kerenite wrote:

Dedebit is always dedeb

Thus....

I wonder! Spammers, drunkards and drugged street boys are allowed here to maliciously kill any plausible discussion on this forum.

I wonder if this website I mean its forum has a moderator. Why? In other websites and outlets any guidelines appeaser is warned. The dude above is abusing your posting guidelines.

Any action against him? Lol... Of course not regardless of your posting guidelines. Lol

kerenite

Post by kerenite » 01 May 2021, 17:48

:roll: