Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Aba

Bowing to pressure, Somalia's president agrees not to extend presidential term

Post by Aba » 28 Apr 2021, 03:45

https://www.wionews.com/world/bowing-to ... erm-381015

Look what happens when idiots make a deal with the devil: they get burned

Aba

Re: Bowing to pressure, Somalia's president agrees not to extend presidential term

Post by Aba » 28 Apr 2021, 09:05

Somalia's Farmaajo backs down from controversial term extension
https://www.theeastafrican.co.ke/tea/ne ... on-3379798

Aba

Re: Bowing to pressure, Somalia's president agrees not to extend presidential term

Post by Aba » 28 Apr 2021, 18:26

Please wait, video is loading...

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 28 Apr 2021, 18:47

Aba wrote:
28 Apr 2021, 18:26
Please wait, video is loading...

I wonder where Al-Jazeera does get its information from, because there's nowhere Farmajo has said that he would step aside!

All he said was that he was dropping bid for term extension and urging a return to negotiations on the election process and NOTHING ELSE.

BTW, that Amanuel Tecle Ghebremicael (the tweeter) is full of crap, as he's parroting a baseless claim!

Aba

Post by Aba » 28 Apr 2021, 19:54

Somaliman,
Well, it says no extention of his term. That means, he will not run but step down. This is a major setback for dictator Issu.
:lol:
Somalia president backs down over plan to extend term

Jane Flanagan Thursday April 29 2021, 12.01am BST, The Times

The president of Somalia has rowed back on plans to extend his term in office after they triggered the worst political violence in the capital for years.

Instead of staying in power, President Mohamed said he would negotiate with his rivals to schedule fresh elections...
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/soma ... -zgn73wt0w

Farmaajo asked for troops from Mamo qillo,. But, mamo qillo is in no position to send troops.
https://www.garoweonline.com/en/news/so ... to-somalia
Last edited by Aba on 28 Apr 2021, 20:09, edited 1 time in total.

Digital Weyane
Member+

Post by Digital Weyane » 28 Apr 2021, 20:08

ተፅእኖ ፈጣሪዎች የወያኔ የሳይበር ወታደሮች ሶማሊያን አንበረከኳት። ትግራይ ትስዕር! :roll:

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 28 Apr 2021, 20:32

Aba wrote:
28 Apr 2021, 19:54
Somaliman,
Well, it says no extention of his term. That means, he will not run but step down. This is a major setback for dictator Issu.

The president of Somalia has rowed back on plans to extend his term in office after they triggered the worst political violence in the capital for years.

Instead of staying in power, President Mohamed said he would negotiate with his rivals to schedule fresh elections...

Instead of staying in power, President Mohamed said he would negotiate with his rivals to schedule fresh elections.
The Times is either ill-informed or has decided to speak ill of Farmajo. Farmajo said and I reiterate that he was dropping bid for term extension and was going back to the parliament on this Saturday to share the new developments with them, and urged all parties involved (not political parties necessarily), including himself, to return to the negotiating table to finalise arrangements for implementing what is known as the 17 September election agreement. And until an election agreed by all parties is held and a new president is sworn, which can even take a year, he'll stay the president of Somalia - whether we want this not not!

Anyone who has read what I've said about Farmajo's government in the past knows that I've never been a fun of Farmajo! But, trust me, he's much better than all the basta.rds who're queuing for his post. Needless to add that I can guess where you're coming from, which is absolutely your right.

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 28 Apr 2021, 22:23

Somalia's president agrees not to extend presidential term

I reality, he didn't even say that he dropped the term extension or agreed not to extend presidential term. The above is just an extrapolation from the fact that he urged everyone, including himself, to go back to the negotiating table.

Digital Weyane
Member+

Post by Digital Weyane » 28 Apr 2021, 22:28

The president of somalia is very afraid of our Tigrai warriors who are pressuring him to step down.

My weyane brother Aba is our Tigray's envoy to Somalia. He will tell the Wesf'aatam Somalian dictator to leave the country or face Tigray's sanctions!

Tigray is not a country. Tigray is a super power continent! 8) 8)

Aba

Post by Aba » 28 Apr 2021, 22:46

Somaliman wrote:
28 Apr 2021, 20:32
Aba wrote:
Somaliman,

Instead of staying in power, President Mohamed said he would negotiate with his rivals to schedule fresh elections.
The Times is either ill-informed or has decided to speak ill of Farmajo. Farmajo said and I reiterate that he was dropping bid for term extension and was going back to the parliament on this Saturday to share the new developments with them, and urged all parties involved (not political parties necessarily), including himself, to return to the negotiating table to finalise arrangements for implementing what is known as the 17 September election agreement. And until an election agreed by all parties is held and a new president is sworn, which can even take a year, he'll stay the president of Somalia - whether we want this not not!

Anyone who has read what I've said about Farmajo's government in the past knows that I've never been a fun of Farmajo! But, trust me, he's much better than all the basta.rds who're queuing for his post. Needless to add that I can guess where you're coming from, which is absolutely your right.
You maybe right. He could be a liar like Mamo qillo. He was also coached how to scuttle an election from the devil Issu, just as Mamo qillo did using Covid-19 excuse.

But, this news shows he's in deep trouble.

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 28 Apr 2021, 23:10

Aba wrote:
28 Apr 2021, 22:46
Somaliman wrote:
Aba wrote:
Somaliman,

You maybe right. He could be a liar like Mamo qillo. He was also coached how to scuttle an election from the devil Issu, just as Mamo qillo did using Covid-19 excuse.

Garowe news is a stupid mouthpiece for anything that's against Farmajo. Somalia has now thousands of well-trained (by Turkey) soldiers and doesn't need any army from Ethiopia. And Farmajo has no intention of using force, anyway.

Guess what - it's when I glance at the list of the current candidates for his post that I suddenly become "Je suis Charlie Farmajo"!

Aba

Post by Aba » 28 Apr 2021, 23:51

Somaliman wrote:
28 Apr 2021, 23:10
Aba wrote:
28 Apr 2021, 22:46
Somaliman wrote:
Aba wrote:
Somaliman,

Garowe news is a stupid mouthpiece for anything that's against Farmajo. Somalia has now thousands of well-trained (by Turkey) soldiers and doesn't need any army from Ethiopia. And Farmajo has no intention of using force, anyway.

Guess what - it's when I glance at the list of the current candidates for his post that I suddenly become "Je suis Charlie Farmajo"!
Whats up with you? You don't like The Times because of blah, blah, blah. You don't like Gerowe because of blah, blah, blah. Why don't you come up with a source that you like and make your case?

Aba

Post by Aba » 29 Apr 2021, 02:26

Somaliman,
Are you gonna come up with a credible source to back up your claim? Or, are you gonna duck and wish it just goes away?

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 29 Apr 2021, 09:54

Aba wrote:
29 Apr 2021, 02:26
Somaliman,
Are you gonna come up with a credible source to back up your claim? Or, are you gonna duck and wish it just goes away?

I've told you that he hasn't even dropped his term extension, leave alone stepping aside. Please read the entirety of the news article in the link down below!

WASHINGTON (HOL) - The US has called on Somali parliament and president Mohamed Farmaajo to annul the April 12, 2021 resolution by the Lower House, which granted the Farmaajo two more years in office.

State Department spokesperson Ned Price said in a statement on Thursday that the Biden administration welcomed Farmajo's announcement to accept a return to talks but noted parliament must revoke its own controversial decision that the 275-member chamber voted to pass on April 12.
"The United States notes President Farmaajo's April 28 commitment to return to the September 17 election agreement and resume talks immediately with Federal Member State leaders," Price said. "We call on the President and Parliament to act swiftly to annul the April 12 mandate extension bill."

https://hiiraan.com/news4/2021/Apr/1824 ... pdateFront

Aba

Post by Aba » 29 Apr 2021, 10:03

Somaliman wrote:
29 Apr 2021, 09:54
Aba wrote:
29 Apr 2021, 02:26
Somaliman,

I've told you that he hasn't even dropped his term extension, leave alone stepping aside. Please read the entirety of the news article in the link down below!

WASHINGTON (HOL) - The US has called on Somali parliament and president Mohamed Farmaajo to annul the April 12, 2021 resolution by the Lower House, which granted the Farmaajo two more years in office.

State Department spokesperson Ned Price said in a statement on Thursday that the Biden administration welcomed Farmajo's announcement to accept a return to talks but noted parliament must revoke its own controversial decision that the 275-member chamber voted to pass on April 12.
"The United States notes President Farmaajo's April 28 commitment to return to the September 17 election agreement and resume talks immediately with Federal Member State leaders," Price said. "We call on the President and Parliament to act swiftly to annul the April 12 mandate extension bill."

https://hiiraan.com/news4/2021/Apr/1824 ... pdateFront
Good. That's what is needed to make an argument: backing it with a credible source.

AbyssiniaLady
Member+

Post by AbyssiniaLady » 29 Apr 2021, 14:38

Somalia's President Mohamed agrees not to extend presidential term
  • Under domestic and international pressure, Somalia's President Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed says he will drop an attempt to extend his mandate. In an overnight speech, he called for elections in a bid to ease tensions. He blamed what he called unnamed "individuals and foreign entities who have no aim other than to destabilize the country."

He's absolutely right about foreign entities, the United States and the European Union are working tirelessly behind the scenes to create further chaos and political instability in Somalia because they worry China could source raw materials from very stable Somalia.

Somalia is a country endowed with vast unexploited natural resources such as iron ore, uranium, lithium, titanium, strontium, hafnium, tungsten, tin, gypsum, bauxite, platinum, ilmenite, copper, oil, natural gas and helium, for which China and the West competition is becoming more fierce, In addition to its unexploited natural resources and favourable geographical location, its unspoiled coastline is the world's richest fishing waters and it also contains the largest proven natural gas and oil deposits in the Indian Ocean.