Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Zmeselo
Senior Member+

An Important Message, to All Eritreans!

Post by Zmeselo » 15 Apr 2021, 10:23

ሕቡናት ኤርትራውያን: ናይዚ ቆዛሚ ኮንሰርት ከይትኣዉ:: እዚ: በቶም ኣብ መዓስከር ስደተኛታት ትግራይ ዘለዉ ኤርትራውያን ዝሕተት ገበነኛ እዩ::
(Yared Tseggai: @TseggaiY)

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Re: An Important Message, to All Eritreans!

Post by Zmeselo » 15 Apr 2021, 10:50

The digital qumalat have now started to invent new digital massacres, on Wikipedia.

Last edited by Zmeselo on 15 Apr 2021, 15:39, edited 4 times in total.

Aba

Post by Aba » 15 Apr 2021, 11:13

...: እዚ: በቶም ኣብ መዓስከር ስደተኛታት ትግራይ ዘለዉ ኤርትራውያን ዝሕተት ገበነኛ እዩ::
[
Did I hear this bozzo talk about crimes against innocent refugees? This idi@t needs to wake up from his hypnotic state and face the reality of his criminal regime.
This is from the NY Times, bozzo.

...But the soldiers who burst into the camp on Nov. 19 were also Eritrean, witnesses said. Mayhem quickly followed — days of plunder, punishment and bloodshed that ended with dozens of refugees being singled out and forced back across the border into Eritrea.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/28/worl ... Oek2CTmASg

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 15 Apr 2021, 11:25

The UN Security Council which refused to take any punitive measures against TPLF in the last 20 years is today engaging in tangential issues, thus emboldening the TPLF. This is unhelpful & will only lead to further violence & destruction in Tigray, exacerbating a 20 year old humanitarian crisis & TPLF crimes.

Amb. Sophia Tesfamariam

These days, whenever you hear US officials utter "Tigray", know that it's code for US destabilization & possible war plans in the Horn of Africa—Eritrea, Ethiopia, & Somalia. What's Tigray, you may ask? Well, it's a war- & famine-ravaged region of Ethiopia.

Tigray is also the home region of the ethnofascist TPLF, a group whose primary objective was secession of Tigray from Ethiopia. But once it seized power in 1991, it shelved its separatist aims to establish an ethnoapartheid regime; to perpetuate its minority rule.
(Elias Amare ኤልያስ ኣማረ: @eliasamare)
Last edited by Zmeselo on 15 Apr 2021, 11:58, edited 1 time in total.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 15 Apr 2021, 11:36

NYTimes he tells me, this piece of cràp on 2 legs! :lol:

Aba wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 11:13
[
Did I hear this bozzo talk about crimes against innocent refugees? This idi@t needs to wake up from his hypnotic state and face the reality of his criminal regime.

...But the soldiers who burst into the camp on Nov. 19 were also Eritrean, witnesses said. Mayhem quickly followed — days of plunder, punishment and bloodshed that ended with dozens of refugees being singled out and forced back across the border into Eritrea.

Fiyameta

Post by Fiyameta » 15 Apr 2021, 11:47

Dude gambled with his once-promising singing career by siding with the agame against his own people and nation, and that is an unforgivable sin! Fuk him! :x :x :x

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 15 Apr 2021, 11:56

Last edited by Zmeselo on 15 Apr 2021, 18:06, edited 1 time in total.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 15 Apr 2021, 12:56

General classification after stage 5

Pos. Rider Name (Country) Team Result
1 Jose Manuel Diaz Gallego (Spa) Delko 18:38:27
2 Jay Vine (Aus) Alpecin-Fenix 0:00:04
3 Eduardo Sepulveda (Arg) Androni Giocattoli-Sidermec 0:00:06
4 Jhojan Orlando Garcia Susa (Col) Caja Rural-Seguros RGA 0:00:25
5 Merhawi Kudus (Eri) Astana-Premier Tech 0:00:28
6 Anthon Charmig (Den) Uno-X Pro Cycling Team 0:00:30
7 Delio Fernandez Cruz (Spa) Delko 0:00:33
8 Quentin Pacher (Fra) B&B Hotels p/b KTM 0:00:48
9 Artem Nych (Rus) Gazprom-RusVelo 0:00:52
10 Anders Halland Johannessen (Nor) Uno-X Pro Cycling Team 0:00:55
https://www.cyclingnews.com/races/presi ... 5/results/

Cycling News
Amanuel Ghebreigzabhier: "We will soon see a competitive African and he will be Eritrean"

EFE- Road Competition

https://www.esciclismo.com/actualidad/c ... 65473.html

04/14/2021

Amanuel Ghebreigzabhier, 26 years old, is one of the African runners who are opening their way to their continent in the WorldTour as a Trek-Segafredo rider. The Eritrean is an ambassador of Eritrea in the world peloton, a country that in passion for cycling can compete with Belgium or the Netherlands.
In Eritrea, the bicycle is part of our daily life. It is the favorite game of many children and the means by which thousands of people, every day, move. The bicycle is like an island of happiness in Africa. The consequence This passion is that cycling, for so many years, has been the most popular sport in the country,
says Amanuel on his team's website.

As a child, Ghebreigzabhier, a two-time national champion and an African champion, used to sit on the side of the road in Asmara, the Eritrean capital, to watch competitions. It was in this city where he was born and where he began to love cycling based on seeing his then idols. So the bike was just a game.
When I was already a teenager, my point of view changed.
A friend of his practiced mountain biking and accompanied him in training. His favorite sport became cycling in a more serious way. Just two years later, he joined the leading national cycling club, As.Be.Co, and started racing.
I was 15 years old.
CYCLING IN ERITREA, A VESTIGE OF COLONIAL ITALY

Cycling emerged in Eritrea as a holdover from colonial Italy and is a sport that is already part of its modern culture. The bicycle awakens passion, as well as competitions. With the new millennium, this country settled on the world cycling map.
The growth of the MTN-Qhubeka project, the first team in Africa, attracted many people to follow the races on television. My colleagues and I, followed the most important races together. The North Classics are the tests that I liked the most, but the Tour de France https://www.esciclismo.com/especiales/tour-francia/ is the most followed event and the most important. You can't imagine, the excitement that Eritrean riders like Daniel Teklehaimanot, Merhawi Kudus and Natnael Berhane awakened.
Then it was time to leave the Eritrean borders to compete with the national team, where he found the measure of his potential. New worlds had to be crossed, to get to know each other better.
In 2013 I raced the Tour of Rwanda and the following year, at the age of 20, I won the national title, the most beautiful cycling memory I have so far.
In 2014 he ran the World Championship in Ponferrada, and participated in the most important competitions in Africa. He learned so much, that he raised the bar on his ambitions.
I have always tried to set concrete goals in my life and once I have achieved them, I have created new ones. In 2016, I was ready for a new leap forward, joining the Dimension Data development team and moving to Europe.
Outside of Eritrea, his life has always been marked by the rhythms of cycling. He lived in a house that the team had in Lucca, Italy.
We were all young and ambitious guys. We helped each other. It was a great experience. Our passion for cycling was the key, that helped us adapt to a new country. Italy has a great cycling culture and we feel comfortable with it. However, without disrespecting my Italian friends, between Italy and Eritrea, there is a gulf when it comes to cycling. Riding in Asmara is a paradise, compared to Lucca!
Thanks to cycling, Amanuel Ghebreigzabhier has been able to travel often through Europe and Africa. He has now known other parts of the world, something that fascinates him, although sometimes nostalgia weighs heavily.

With his philosophy of going step by step, Amanuel earned a place among the professionals in 2018 with the passage of the Dimension Data team to the WorldTour. Then, in 2021, he joined the Trek-Segafredo family.
In the last three years, I have raced in increasingly important tests and I have learned in the great tours. I will always be grateful to the Dimension Data team but I looked for a new challenge with the Trek-Segafredo, a team where there is a feeling of globality. Thanks to the presence of various nationalities, languages ​​and cultures. It's something special.
In just a few years, Amanuel faced his personal challenge to become a determined and successful professional cyclist. Now his hope is to see other Eritrean and African cyclists, following the same path.
Cycling is no longer a fringe sport in Africa and I am part of the second generation of African cyclists. Year after year, the number of cyclists increases. It is a continuous process, but the speed of growth will largely depend on strength, the capacity and options of national federations.

I think, Africa is a beautiful continent for cycling. If I think of my home country, there are ideal conditions for professionals, including roads, the reduced presence of cars and natural factors such as altitude (Asmara has an altitude of 2,300 meters Also, that's why, although I like to stay in Europe, I go home as soon as I can, about every three months.
For Amanuel Ghebreigzabhier, the path is laid for a future explosion of African cycling.
It won't be long, before we see a competitive African rider on a big lap. And I am convinced, he will be an Eritrean!
Last edited by Zmeselo on 15 Apr 2021, 20:46, edited 11 times in total.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 15 Apr 2021, 13:36

Meet Fitwi Tesfahunei

This is part of a Columbia News series introducing members of the University's Scholarship for Displaced Students, a program administered by Columbia Global Centers.

April 14, 2021

https://news.columbia.edu/news/meet-fitwi-tesfahunei

Fitwi Amanuel Tesfahunei is a student at Columbia’s Fu Foundation of Engineering and Applied Science. He is from Asmara, Eritrea. We checked in with him to learn more about Eritrea, his studies, and what he hopes to accomplish with his mechanical engineering degree.

What are you studying?

I am currently doing my MSc. in Mechanical Engineering. I am specializing in robotics and control.

Where are you living currently?

I am currently residing in Germany. I recently moved here from Ethiopia.

What do you hope to accomplish with your degree?

With my degree, I hope to accomplish the luxury of convenience and time for my people and others living in developing countries. One of the main reasons for poverty in underdeveloped nations is the lack of access to what is deemed basic and taken for granted in the developed world. Too many people live in survival mode. Kids have to walk hours to get to school, sometimes they have to cut class in order to help their parents with farming.

I want to be able to address these types of issues with technology. With my knowledge and expertise, I would like to dedicate my time and effort to finding solutions that can allow people in developing countries to spend enough time acquiring knowledge and realizing their potential.

What do you wish more people knew about Eritrea?

It is a small country that resembles a key. It is found in the north-east of Africa. It has amazing weather and beautiful sceneries. It’s filled with beautiful, joyful, and kind people with rich culture and values.

I was born and raised in the capital city of Asmara, where you can find various exotic buildings built during the Italian colonization. It is an old and small city, but beautiful, nonetheless.

“I believe that I have inherited art from my father.” Tedalo

By: Mussie Efriem

https://shabait.com/amp/2021/04/15/i-be ... ssion=true

April 15, 2021

Born in 1995 in Kesela, Sudan, Tedalo Yohannes, son of the famous actor Yohanes Mehari (known as Baba John) came to Eritrea with his family in 2000. He had all his schooling, from elementary to high school, in Gindae town. As a member of the 25th round, he spent one year in Sawa and scored 3.8 in the national end-of-high-school examination. He then joined Asmara College of Health Sciences, where he got a bachelor’s degree as a laboratory technician. His name has been shining, among young Eritrean Music fans.

When did you join the world of art?

When I was in 6th grade, I was trying to write the lyrics of a song and come up with an accompanying melody. Thereafter, I gradually started to become familiar with the world of music. Actually, I didn’t take any formal classes but in college I used to enrich my knowledge by googling how to write lyrics, make melodies and refine them.

What was your parents’ role?

It was very crucial. From the very beginning, our parents told us that we should focus on our schoolwork. My father’s motivations, in particular, were a backbone for my education.

What about in art, as your father is an artist?

Although he didn’t send me to a formal art school, he encouraged me to do it in parallel with my education; he didn’t want me to be confined to schoolwork. Also, I believe that I have inherited art from my father.

How do you balance your time, when pursuing the two different careers?

Of course, I work full-time at Dekemhare Military Hospital as a laboratory technician and I give it much more attention than I do to art; as it deals with health care. In my spare time, I write my songs but have to come to Asmara to record my works in the studio and have discussions with my collaborators. In Asmara, I invest all my time on my artistic works.

Let’s focus on your art…

Being a songwriter and a singer in your spare time, isn’t easy. You need to meet many requirements. You have to love the profession and be committed. I work with “9E,” a team with a crew of music producers. I usually have a serious rehearsal, and all members of the crew memorize the lyrics of the songs. Then we have time to refine the work, before the music is composed. Thereafter I meet the video production team, the “Pro Pictures” who produce my clips.

How did you do your popular song, “kemey ena”?

First, it was only instrumental music and I really loved it when they let me hear it. The style was unusual; it seems to be a Tigrigna beat but a bit different. Then, I wrote the lyrics. When I thought about my audience, I realized it would be better if I did it for the youth.

People wonder why, you weren’t visible in the video clip …

As I said, I have collaborators in both my music and clip productions and we all discuss how to make them better. Everything we do is the result of our agreements. It was the Pro Pictures idea, that I shouldn’t be visible in the video clip to heighten the audience’s curiosity who were not yet familiar with Tedalo Yohannes.

What do you admire most from your works…?

I have a soundtrack in the film called “Bifqri Qtelni,” which was directed by Michael Eyasu. I always do my work in Dekemhare and bring it along, when I come to Asmara. In this case, when the filmmakers told me to do the soundtrack, I came up with three options and they liked the first one. I was pleased because the work didn’t require a lot of effort, but was received very well by the audience.

At last… your plans…?

There are several finished works of mine, which are going to be released soon and the rest will follow as needed.
Last edited by Zmeselo on 15 Apr 2021, 16:36, edited 2 times in total.

Aba

Post by Aba » 15 Apr 2021, 14:39

Once a bozzo, always a bozzo. :lol: :lol:
Zmeselo wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 11:36

Aba wrote:
[

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 15 Apr 2021, 15:01

Go & rape ur cheap-hoe momma will ya, whiny-puśsy- qondaf ugume? And stop killing & mistreating Eritreans who were dumb enough to have gone to Chigray, you shìteater! :twisted: :evil:

Aba wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 14:39
Zmeselo wrote:

Aba wrote:
[

Fed_Up
Senior Member+

Post by Fed_Up » 15 Apr 2021, 15:22

Brother Zemeslo surgically take out AssWAsh out of Aba-Q :P

Hello AsswAsh...how are ya? Hiding under the hole of AbaQ won’t help ya. Smart Z took you out from you hiding “priest” name...just like what Fanos and Shabbos did to the woyanus terrorists. Hitting between two eyes is our cultural game :P

You can hid but you can’t escape :lol:
Aba wrote:
Zmeselo wrote:

Aba wrote:
[

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 15 Apr 2021, 15:30

ETHIOPIA / SECURITY: THE ERITREAN DEFENSE FORCES VICTIMS OF SABOTAGE

In recent days Eritrean and Ethiopian soldiers have been portrayed in horrific tales as marauding hordes who kill and rape civilians indiscriminately at will, without any moral pain or responsibility. A real disinformation campaign implemented by a certain press. The media engage in a game of reports and botched negative analyzes that portray the Eritrean Defense Forces (EDF), in the most disparaging and acrimonious light.

15 Apr 2021

Africa Media

https://www.afriquemedia.tv/infos/dossi ... e-sabotage

Intox (Propaganda) on the Eritrean Defense Forces

Some of the offensive articles go further to suggest that the alleged horrific crimes are, in fact, being carried out with express political direction from the upper echelons of the military. This is the case of an article published on March 21 in a British daily newspaper, the Daily Telegraph, which recounts horrific "gang rapes", something unknown in the region. The article was written by journalists indulging in obscure journalism, one Lucy Kassa and Anna Pujol-Mazzini credulously citing "victims/witnesses" who claim that the outrageous acts were committed by Eritrean soldiers in a mean manner and deliberate to "infect victims of HIV". As unfounded as it may be, it is clear that the Daily Telegraph published false “testimonials” and blatantly planted without minimal verification of the claims is appalling and inexcusable.

Unfortunately, the New York Times published a similar article. Another absurd allegation peddled in recent weeks includes
the shoot-to-kill policy to exterminate the youth of Tigray.
This time if the articles were published on an online blog of Martin Plaut and on the EEPA Update, based in Brussels and funded by the EU, by Mirjam V. Reisen. It should be noted that these people have regularly called for violence and regime change, against Eritrea. The above accounts demonstrate, the free smear campaign launched against the Eritrean Defense Forces. Africans should now be aware of the prejudiced role played by the Western media, in order to cause division and incite violence among Africans.

Assessment of FDEs over the last 60 years

The Eritrean Defense Forces have maintained a good record for the past 60 years since the launch of armed struggle in 1961, when all the peaceful diplomatic and political avenues carried out over the past 20 years to assert inalienable national rights and Eritrea's decolonization was blatantly trampled underfoot. Due to external demands rather than political choices, Eritrea has been enveloped in protracted wars which have required enormous sacrifices on the part of its people over the past 60 years. The main roles of the military in Eritrea have been defense against external aggressors, border security and the development of national cohesion.

It should be clear to any reasonable and objective observer, that the sordid claims that continue to be spread about Eritrea are absurd and utterly false. The EDF is simply part of a rampant propaganda campaign and last resort by the TPLF and its facilitators to cover up the high crimes and culpability of the TPLF in instigating the conflict and scapegoating the Eritrean and Ethiopian governments, while bringing their support and ultimately to provide a lifeline to all that remains of the largely defunct TPLF clique.

Tog Wajale E.R.
Member+

Post by Tog Wajale E.R. » 15 Apr 2021, 16:13

Thank You Dr. Zemeselo:-- Six Years Ago, I Commented About Theses Two Aggames Dscendant Traitors ☆ Robel Haile And Qorchach Tefa-alem ☆ O-Boy, I Was Chewed By Dr. HAWZEN, Other Akeleguzai Agga*me E R. Former. Now You Know The Real Immage These Agg*ame Artists And Wait Few Months You Will Hear More From Qomal Temesghen Yared.

Aba

Post by Aba » 15 Apr 2021, 16:43

Stooges of the world unite. :lol: :lol:
Zmeselo wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 15:01
Go & rape ur cheap-hoe momma will ya, whiny-puśsy- qondaf ugume? And stop killing & mistreating Eritreans who were dumb enough to have gone to Chigray, you shìteater! :twisted:

ht://twitter.com/NoRoom4FakeNews/status/1382671700035309573?s=20

Aba wrote:
Zmeselo wrote:

Aba wrote:
[

Fed_Up wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 15:22

Hello AsswAsh...how are ya? Hiding under the hole of AbaQ won’t help ya. Smart Z took you out from you hiding “priest” name...just like what Fanos and Shabbos did to the woyanus terrorists. Hitting between two eyes is our cultural game :P

You can hid but you can’t escape :
Aba wrote:
Zmeselo wrote:
NYTimes he tells me, this piece of cràp on 2 legs! :
Aba wrote:
[

...But the soldiers who burst into the camp on Nov. 19 were also Eritrean, witnesses said. Mayhem quickly followed — days of plunder, punishment and bloodshed that ended with dozens of refugees being singled out and forced back across the border into Eritrea.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 15 Apr 2021, 17:22

Aba wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 16:43
Stooges of the world unite. :lol: :lol:
Zmeselo wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 15:01
Go & rape ur cheap-hoe momma will ya, whiny-puśsy- qondaf ugume? And stop killing & mistreating Eritreans who were dumb enough to have gone to Chigray, you shìteater! :twisted:

ht://twitter.com/NoRoom4FakeNews/status/1382671700035309573?s=20

Aba wrote:
Zmeselo wrote:

Aba wrote:
[

Fed_Up wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 15:22

You can hid but you can’t escape :
Aba wrote:
Zmeselo wrote:
NYTimes he tells me, this piece of cràp on 2 legs! :
Aba wrote:
[

...But the soldiers who burst into the camp on Nov. 19 were also Eritrean, witnesses said. Mayhem quickly followed — days of plunder, punishment and bloodshed that ended with dozens of refugees being singled out and forced back across the border into Eritrea.