Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Somaliman

Could Egypt Strike On The Dam?

Post by Somaliman » 13 Apr 2021, 21:39

Could Egypt strike on the Dam?
There is no guarantee such a strike would even succeed at hitting the dam, and militarily I don’t think the Egyptians would be capable of going up into the Ethiopian highlands.
Tibor Nagy, who served as US ambassador to Addis Ababa during the war with Eritrea.

Such an operation would be difficult due to the limitations of Egypt’s air force.
A current US official familiar with assessments on the matter.

But I'm sure Egypt is capable of one thing - periodical empty bravado and cheap threats!

Noble Amhara

Re: Could Egypt Strike On The Dam?

Post by Noble Amhara » 13 Apr 2021, 21:40

Go ahead strike z Dam and 40 million Sudanese will be living under the new Abay sea

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 13 Apr 2021, 21:49

Noble Amhara wrote:
13 Apr 2021, 21:40
Go ahead strike z Dam and 40 million Sudanese will be living under the new Abay sea

The worst would be 100 million Egyptians getting up one morning, turning on their taps and finding there is no water to drink!

Sam Ebalalehu

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 13 Apr 2021, 21:50

Those two quotes which Somaliman brought out describe the limitation Egypt might have in bombing the dam. That is part of the equation. Let us say Egypt succeeds in bombing it, what then ? Does Ethiopia say, well , we tried, and forget about it . No one sane person thinks that to be the case.
Remember, the Nile flows from Ethiopia to Egypt, not the other way around.

Horus
Senior Member+

Post by Horus » 13 Apr 2021, 22:03

What Egypt will definitely try is not to hit the dam physically but they will try to cyber attack (cyber sabotage) its operations in the future.

What we must surely do is complete our Hydrostrategy:
1. complete GERD
2. Pursue the full Beles project
3. Reforest our mountains and valleys
4. Store our water in plants, soils, rivers, lakes, and irrigation ponds
5. preserve our soil from escaping to Egypt and Sudan
5. Irrigate our tributary rivers
6. Use cloud seeding to produce planned rains
7. Intensify year round large scale modern irrigation farming
8. Become Water & Electricity exporter
8. Turn Ethiopia into a hydropwer agricultural and Industrial hub

In one word, we have 1001 ways to teach Egypt how to be a grateful nation .... it is only a matter of time

ሃይልና ፍቅር ለኢትዮጵያ !

Selam/

Post by Selam/ » 13 Apr 2021, 22:16

Yes she will strike the dumb. And that’s you.
Somaliman wrote:
13 Apr 2021, 21:39
There is no guarantee such a strike would even succeed at hitting the dam, and militarily I don’t think the Egyptians would be capable of going up into the Ethiopian highlands.
Tibor Nagy, who served as US ambassador to Addis Ababa during the war with Eritrea.

Such an operation would be difficult due to the limitations of Egypt’s air force.

But I'm sure Egypt is capable of one thing - periodical empty bravado and cheap threats!

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 14 Apr 2021, 19:10

Selam/ wrote:
13 Apr 2021, 22:16
Yes she will strike the dumb. And that’s you.
Somaliman wrote:
13 Apr 2021, 21:39

Read first what I've written prior to jumping in and finding this as an opportunity for you to try to strike on me to get revenge on me to get some relief, perhaps simply because I ridiculed your nonsense in the past, even though I don't recall any of this.

Poor guy, as you're sick, I suggest you at least read a few articles on the net discussing "Why holding a grudge Is bad for your health."

BTW, anyone who reads your poor comment would laugh at it, because I was neither hinting at Egypt striking on the dam, nor expressing any enthusiasm about such a strike!