Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Eritrea: New cranes being installed at Assab

Post by Zmeselo » 12 Apr 2021, 06:26

Eritrea finalizes the construction of a road, connecting Ethiopia with the port of Assab. Renovation of warehouses and installation of new cranes, are in good progress. (📷 Ahmedani Mohamed)
Last edited by Zmeselo on 12 Apr 2021, 07:58, edited 2 times in total.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Re: Eritrea: New cranes being installed at Assab

Post by Zmeselo » 12 Apr 2021, 06:54

Eritrea's National Secondary Education Certificate Examination, involving more than 17K students - 47% of whom are female - has begun today at Sawa & seven other localities throughout the country. The week-long exams offer elective choices & are administered in 12 academic fields.
(Yemane G. Meskel: @hawelti)

ኣባላት ምብራቓዊ ግንባር: ኣብ ሃገራዊ መልቀቒ ፈተና 2021። Via Ahmedani Mohamed
Last edited by Zmeselo on 12 Apr 2021, 07:58, edited 2 times in total.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 12 Apr 2021, 07:17

Copa del Rey winner (top scorer in the tournament) & 6th in the list of top scorers in la liga overall: Alex Isak!

ALEXANDER ISAK | THE JOURNEY

Last edited by Zmeselo on 12 Apr 2021, 14:21, edited 3 times in total.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 12 Apr 2021, 07:49

Martin Plaut: A Contemptuous “Fellow” Rivalling Comical Ali, Nazis’ Goebbels

April 10, 2021

By: The Queen of Sheba

http://raimoq.com/martin-plaut-a-contem ... -goebbels/

The notorious Iraqi Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf, better known as Comical Ali, and Nazi Germany’s Joseph Goebbels are distinctly remembered as two of history’s wickedest liars—par excellence.

It is fresh in our memory that Muhammad, a former Iraqi diplomat and politician, shot to global fame for his theatrical daily briefings fraught with lies and fabrications during the invasion of Iraq in 2003. In one occasion as Baghdad was falling and artillery fire could be heard from a near distance, he famously told the media that Iraq is beating the US-led coalition.

The callous canon of such personalities is disarmingly, but dangerously, simple: if you need to lie, lie big time—and repeat it many times—to quash truth to its total demise.

Martin Plaut, a former BBC Africa correspondent who is now masquerading as a “fellow” at the Institute for Strategic Studies, appears to be betting on rivalling, if not out-doing, these legendary prevaricators and propagandists by tormenting and defaming Ethiopia.

Making a quick distinction between Iraqi’s Muhammad, Germany’s Goebbels and Britain’s Plaut is in order. Both Muhammad and Goebbels had executed their offences, one could simply put it, out of their convictions—to their nations (and power)—albeit monstrously twisted and cruelly sick. But, Plaut appears to be selling his soul, and putative profession, to the best foreign bidder, scheming as a hired mercenary.

This “fellow” has gone beyond the call of duty to pay back the TPLF cabal for their generous emoluments by savagely attacking and demonizing Ethiopia, relentlessly fabricating hostile narratives following the outbreak of the conflict. In this piece, I present some of his outrageous fabrications, lies and innuendos drawing from his so called “Situation Report” webpage and make brief commentaries.

The Stream of Lies

Plaut has become the mouth piece of the TPLF cabal effectively replacing its nut-case propogandist, Getachew Reda, who simply vanished as the operation intensified and the cabal forces got trashed.

Here below are a fraction of some of the preposterous accounts from his website, verbatim, to provide a good sense of fabrication, falsehood, exaggeration, and manipulation.

• New reports that drones are being deployed to targets in Tigray, pointing to possible involvement of UAE from the Assab military base.

• Airstrike in Mekelle today, 19 Nov 2020. Earlier today, 12:41 (06:41 local time), Abiy’s airforce jet bombed in Mekelle city targeting civilians. Source has visited one of the targeted areas (Source from Mekelle).

• Unverified reports state that Eritrean troops (and their officers) along the Tsorona front have defected to Tigray.

• Mekelle University hit by strike by airplane; it is reported that 50 students are wounded (afternoon at 12:41 on 19 November) and pictures seen of Interim University President, Fetien Abay, visiting the students.

• Tigray Defence Force (TDF) claim to have attacked and destroyed thousands of ENDF and Eritrean soldiers organized in 18 divisions in three fronts (namely, Adwa, Idagahamus and Ray-Mokoni.

• Report that Eritrean citizens in Asmara refuse to buy the looted goods offered for sale which are brought into the country from Ethiopia.

Here comes another shamefully cobbled up story on January 9, 2021. It is important to note how the cooked-up story got elevated from a “report” on January 9, 2021 to a fact on January 10, 2021, by none other than Plaut himself.

• Report that Maryam Tsiyon Church has been attacked (local people believe with the aim to take the Ark of Covenant to Addis Ababa). Hundreds of people hiding in the Maryam Tsiyon Church were brought out and shot on the square in front. The number of people killed is reported as 750. (09 January 2021)

• The massacre on the Orthodox Maryam Tsion Church in Aksum in which 750 people were killed took place half December. People hiding in the church were brought out and shot in the square in front. The Maryam Tsion Church is a sacred place which holds the Ark of Covenant. A witness with experience in war zones states he
has never seen such a degree of inhumanity.
(10 January 2021)

Currently, the social media is going crazy on another falsehood which he callously fabricated. He wrote on the Situation Report

• There have been many reports of rape in Mekelle and elsewhere. A video has also emerged of and ENDF commander admiting [sic] that the rape is taking place in Mekelle. The commander says that while it would have been expected during times of conflict, it should not be happening now that the city is well under control of the federal government.

Religion and Rape: The New Tricks

I wish to pick up the fake Church story which Plaut has recently managed to contrive into a social media buzz. This is a cruel ploy to create a “crime equivalency” to the 750 unarmed civilians, mostly Amharas, massacred at My-Kadra by the fleeing TPLF cabal forces. Plaut is maneuvering to cover up the heinous crimes committed by his precious clients.

Plaut now confuses, confounds and misleads the world by [ deleted ] throwing emotional and spiritual issues with an intention to escalate the tension. For that matter, the TPLF cabal had been known to have used places of worship as command centers and army depots in the hope of evading attack. There is a video footage showing residents disapproving this huge taboo—and also for fear of potential target by the army. They were however suppressed by the cabal forces who promised to offer them some arms which they can sell to rebuild, should that become necessary!

Rape is the new fake trick Plaut is peddling. This ploy has multiple intentions not just to diminish the shinning victory of the Ethiopian Defence Force but also tarnish its standing in the continent and internationally. Needless to say, the Force enjoys an impeccable track record in all the countries and missions it has gallantly served—and this latest allegation may not be an easy sell.

To be sure, rape has been a serious social malaise in Tigray long before the conflict in the region. It is to be recalled that an official application for a public protest by a concerned body was quickly rejected by the former administration. Well, the deliberate unleashing of some 10,000 criminals from prisons—as the TPLF cabal forces were fleeing—most certainly could only exacerbate the situation. Yet, Plaut has no qualms in staining the Defence Force—which thunderously crashed his high-prized clients.

For that matter, several such cases in the US military are known to have been reported at home and abroad. Thus, such isolated criminal incidents even when they are proven, do not simply elevate to diminish the stature of a solid national army, as one in Ethiopia. Be that as it may, with an extraordinary commitment of the government in elevating the stature of women in society, as exemplified by 50 percent in cabinet ministers, its position on such matters is undoubtedly clear—and thus this allegation will also come to naught.

Before concluding, it is in order to share what this “fellow” and former BBC Africa correspondent and analyst tweeted on the capture of Sebhat Nega, the God Father of the wicked TPLF, on January 10, 2021. He wrote:
I have been crying non stop in my room for 24 hours straight. Very sad day for all of us. Chief Sibhat Nega, you will be missed!.
So much for integrity, objectivity, and independence!

In Conclusion

We are witnessing the unleashing of wicked and callous forces, steered by paid operatives, shenanigans, and conflict entrepreneurs, such as Martin Plaut, Alex de Wall and Kjetil Tronvoll, to demonize Ethiopia at the global stage. Ethiopia has not yet gotten around how to tackle this dangerous trend in any meaningful manner. To say the least, the Ethiopian government has not shown the decisive measures necessary in thwarting this coordinated attack at the global scale.

It is thus imperative that Ethiopian nationals and friends, especially those in the countries where these operatives and shenanigans are based, need to organize themselves to confront them by picketing at their institutions; unmasking them to their institutions, colleagues and students; and boycotting their lectures and seminars, among others.

Needless to say, defending Ethiopia’s national interest should not simply be left to the government alone. Ethiopians at home and in the diaspora—and their friends—need to support—zealously, systematically and relentlessly.

The Queen of Sheba may be reached at [email protected] | Twitter: @TheQueenofSheb5

Last edited by Zmeselo on 12 Apr 2021, 08:26, edited 1 time in total.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 12 Apr 2021, 08:23

Africa Talks - RT Discussion - 'The Horn of Africa -The Quest for Reality Driven Politics'

Fiyameta

Post by Fiyameta » 12 Apr 2021, 11:38

This is a Great News! Thanks for sharing. 8) 8)
Zmeselo wrote:
12 Apr 2021, 06:26

Eritrea finalizes the construction of a road, connecting Ethiopia with the port of Assab. Renovation of warehouses and installation of new cranes, are in good progress. (📷 Ahmedani Mohamed)

Fiyameta

Post by Fiyameta » 12 Apr 2021, 11:50

Listen to this agame woman talking about her Abay Tigray Republic dream. Assab! Assab! Assab! HAHAHAHA Very funny! IQ 59. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 12 Apr 2021, 16:00

“AI Technician: A Passion I Cherished”

By: Kesete Ghebrehiwet

https://shabait.com/2021/04/10/ai-techn ... cherished/

Q & A

Apr 10, 2021

The only female technician in Artificial Insemination at Halhale Dairy Farm, Asmait Debru grew up at Adi-Tseguar, Adi-Quala Sub-zone and went to Sawa in 2013 to attend 12th grade at Warsay-Yikealo Senior Secondary School. She then studied Animal Science for two years, at Sawa Center for Vocational Training (SCVT). While working at Halhale Dairy Farm, she attended a course in Artificial Insemination (AI) and became a technician. An excerpt of her interview with Eritrea Profile, follows.

What motivated you to become an Artificial Insemination technician?

I had a passion to attend a course in Artificial Insemination, since I did a similar course at Sawa Center for Vocational Training. The course I attended at Halhale helped me to master the skill as AI technician, and I am now the only female AI technician in a unit that has five members. I used to work at a dairy farm after graduating from the vocational school, and, fortunately, Eritrea’s Crops and Livestock Corporation offered me a chance to attend in a field of my interest that enabled me to achieve a passion I cherished for quite a long time. It has now been more than a year, since I got engaged in this work. I now do everything independently; the insemination and all the recording activities that are quite decisive for the success of the setout goal.

What was the nature of the training and in what way did it help you get your interest?

The advanced Artificial Insemination course includes, practical training provided at Asmara Canneries. The training enabled me, to widen the scope of my knowledge in the field. I’ve come to know the benefits of Artificial insemination, over the natural process. An artificially inseminated cow is less prone to disease, because select and laboratory tested sêmen is used in the process. I’ve now learned that select cow species at a favorable condition can be effectively inseminated in about 60 days, following delivery. Sêmen from one bull can be used to inseminate over 100 cows, which is an advantage of artificial insemination over the natural process. I am now able to understand the nature and characteristics of Holstein Fresian (HF), Brown Swiss (BS) and Cementla Flecvih (FV), species of cow that have been multiplied at Halhale Agricultural Dairy Farm.

Do you like working in a profession mostly dominated by men?

I developed an interest in studying Artificial insemination, when I was attending General Animal Science course at SCVT. The eagerness intensified when I was offered a chance to attend the course in AI, after graduating from SCVT. Since the select species of cows are very huge and tall, one needs to be tall enough to carry out insemination without any difficulty and I was very glad to fulfill that requisite. I am now very pleased to work in this profession.

What was the reaction of your female colleagues, to your decision to learn Artificial Insemination?

There has been a notion, that this profession is only meant for males. And some male and female friends expressed concerns, that I should rather attend another course. But, I was very determined to attend the course. What I learned from the experience I’ve so far acquired is that women are better off than men, when it comes to Artificial Insemination. So, there is nothing to be ashamed about; it is a profession that needs to be studied equally by females. I call on all females to study a field of their interest, without any prejudice.

What are your daily activities like and what difficulties have you faced at work?

I have to inseminate three to six and, at times, eight cows a day. I do all the recording on the developments of each inseminated cow, to clearly identify the history. I take all the necessary pre-cautions to avoid wastage of sêmen and do extensive checkups, to prevent any case of miscarriage. The follow-ups continue until delivery. I also make the checkups after delivery to make sure that the cow is free from any complication, that could prevent pregnancy in the future.

How do you plan to upgrade your skill?

I am very keen, to share the skill I have acquired. I would like to help farmers in remote areas, appreciate the benefits of Artificial insemination. It is obvious that farmers work hard to boost their products and try to meet demands, with whatever resource they have at hand. Despite relentless efforts, farmers have been facing difficulties in increasing their products; while adhering to traditional dairy farm activities. So, the benefit of Artificial Insemination is both for the farmers and for the general public. The more the farmers increase their livestock and dairy products, the more people will benefit. So, my plan is to work hard to upgrade the skill I’ve acquired and assist as many farmers as possible.

Do you think you have inspired your siblings and other female students?

Yes, all my sisters are good at school. They have been demonstrating excellence, in their academic career. My experience has been a good lesson for them and for other female students in my village.

Thank You!
Last edited by Zmeselo on 12 Apr 2021, 20:37, edited 1 time in total.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 12 Apr 2021, 17:10

I can smell her bad breath, even from behind the screen!

Other than that, she sounds like she's just smoked a huge blunt all by herself.

Fiyameta wrote:
12 Apr 2021, 11:50
Listen to this agame woman talking about her Abay Tigray Republic dream. Assab! Assab! Assab! HAHAHAHA Very funny! IQ 59. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by Zmeselo on 12 Apr 2021, 20:32, edited 1 time in total.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 12 Apr 2021, 20:24

India takes soft power to Eritrea in battle for Horn of Africa influence

Saturday, April 10, 2021

Indian External Affairs minister Jaishankar (right) with his Eritrean counterpart Osman Mohamed Saleh during their meeting in New Delhi on April 8, 2021. Photo credit: Eritrean Ministry of Information

By Aggrey Mutambo, Senior Diplomatic Writer. Nation Media Group

https://nation.africa/kenya/news/world/ ... ce-3357000

What you need to know

The move could continue India’s tradition of using soft power to strengthen relations, as opposed to relying on security cooperation as rivals who have ventured into the Horn have done.

India is taking its traditional soft power to the Horn of Africa, reaching out to Eritrea with an offer to train locals and invest in health to boost trade ties.

The move, announced by Indian External Affairs minister, Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, this week, could be a boon for the much-maligned Eritrea which has been fighting allegations of committing atrocities in neighbouring Ethiopia.

But it could also continue India’s tradition of using soft power to strengthen relations, as opposed to relying on security cooperation as rivals who have ventured into the Horn have done.

The revelations came on Friday after Eritrea’s delegation, led by Foreign Minister Osman Saleh, toured India this week to discuss
strengthening bilateral cooperation.
India’s embassy in Asmara, which is only a year old, called it a
milestone in bilateral relations.
[We have had] useful discussions with Dr Osman Saleh Mohammed of Eritrea,
said Dr Jaishankar.
We have explored possibilities of cooperation in renewable energy, tele-education, capacity building, health, mining and maritime security. We have also discussed the regional situation and international issues,
he said on his Twitter page.

Troubled relations

Dr Saleh, a trusted lieutenant of President Isaias Afwerki, has been his face in international arena, but usually in visits to the Horn neighbours or the Middle East, a result of Eritrea’s troubled relations with other global powers.

Until 2018, Eritrea had been sanctioned by the UN for suspected arming of al-Shabaab militants in Somalia.

This week, officials in Asmara said they had travelled to seek India’s investment interest in Eritrea, to help boost the country’s economy.
Eritrea's delegation had separate meetings today with India's Minister of External Affairs, Dr S Jaishankar, and National Security Advisor, Shri Ajit Doval, for extensive discussions on multifaceted bilateral cooperation and regional, global matters of mutual concern,
Yemane Meskel, Eritrea’s Information minister said on Friday.
The two high officials stressed that India was very keen to take its relationship with Eritrea forward and that there were many possibilities for strong partnership. The two sides agreed to boost economic and social cooperation as well as trade and investment ties in key sectors,
Yemane added in a series of tweets.

There were no definite timelines or even agreements signed on those economic deals. But the tour could open doors for India’s entry into the Horn of Africa, where Asian rivals China and Japan have established military and security relations with neighbouring Djibouti.

Western powers US, UK, France and Germany also have influence in the Horn, having set up military bases there.

In Africa, India has used its prowess in medical and pharmaceutical technology to be the continent’s main supplier of cheaper, generic drugs. Also, the Serum Institute of India is the main manufacturer of the Oxford/AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine delivered to the continent through the Covax facility.

Growing relations

Dr Saleh’s trip to India saw him visit the All India Institute for Medical Sciences and the Indian Agricultural Research Institute
to explore cooperation in health and agriculture, in the areas of capacity building and research,
a statement said.

They also met with business leaders under the influential Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry to discuss
investment opportunities for Indian companies in Eritrea with particular focus on energy, water, agriculture and manufacturing.
India’s Ambassador to Eritrea, Subhash Chand, says the two countries have had contact since the 17th century, but just under 300 Indians live and work in Eritrea. India recognised Eritrea in 1993 but it wasn't until December 2019 that it opened an embassy in Asmara.
Relations are developing fast and a few private sector companies operate in Eritrea's mining sector,
Chand argued in a blog on the embassy’s website.

But he admitted the stability and security situation in the Horn had hindered interactions.
The historical peace agreement between Eritrea and Ethiopia has opened doors for business and investment opportunities for Indian companies.
Eritrea and Ethiopia signed a historical rapprochement deal in 2018, ending more than two decades of animosity.

But their blossoming friendship has earned Eritrea accusations of atrocities in Tigray, Ethiopia, where Asmara offered to help fight the Tigray People’s Liberation Front (NOPE! Dragged into it, rather). Ethiopia has since said, Eritrean troops will pull out of the region.

[email protected]

Jaegol

Post by Jaegol » 12 Apr 2021, 20:46

I can’t wait to see the bure border opened
Eritrea should resettle about 10000 young sawa couples & help them set up shops and hotels and general business to satisfy the incoming demand from the visiting Ethiopians...
The end of junta holding the neighborhood hostage is over

And resort/ tax free malls ... YES. China opened up to the world by having a special free trade zone in the area surrounding Hong Kong in 1980. Eritrea could apply similar policy in asseb... special free trade zone... tourists will flock from Djibouti foreign bases, Middle East, Somalia and Ethiopia....
Last edited by Jaegol on 12 Apr 2021, 20:55, edited 1 time in total.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 12 Apr 2021, 20:53

Jaegol wrote:
12 Apr 2021, 20:46
I can’t wait to see the bure border opened
Eritrea should resettle about 10000 young sawa couples & help them set up shops and hotels and general business to satisfy the incoming demand from the visiting Ethiopians...
The end of junta holding the neighborhood hostage is over

And resort... yes. China opened up to the world by having a special free trade zone in the area surrounding Hong Kong in 1980. Eritrea could apply similar policy in asseb... special free trade zone... tourists will flock from Djibouti foreign bases, Middle East, Somalia and Ethiopia....
Brilliant idea! 🔥🔥🔥

MatiT

Post by MatiT » 13 Apr 2021, 00:25

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 13 Apr 2021, 06:35

how many time should i tell u , Assab port is outdated it need ten billion dollars to fix to modernized the port... for example u were happy that u got outdated cranes. what Ethiopia going to do with those cranes.. Ethiopia doesn't export loose coffee .... anything exported uses containers....

look at The Djibouti port modern containers Carnes and cry your heart out/

just watch the Carnes and cry ur heart out... Djibouti have 7 ports and they give us one of her port to handle all Ethiopians import and export...

Dear Zmeles,

as Ethiopians why do we care if the Chinese own the Djibouti port 100% all Ethiopia need is a modern port.. four-point.. in fact, Eritrea better off giving Assab for Ethiopia than own it.. why not build another 7 port just like Djibouti.. .... when Dr. Abiy removed from power very soon all the deal will collapse because it is based on two buddy trust..only God knows their relationship involved bad sharing too. but that is not our business.
Last edited by Ethoash on 13 Apr 2021, 07:06, edited 1 time in total.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 13 Apr 2021, 06:52

:lol:

China Merchants, which already owns a 23.5% stake in the port,....

https://www.globalconstructionreview.co ... djibouti-/

Soon, it's gonna be 50%. A veritable chinese colony, with only 1 source of income: its ports! That's djibooty, for ya!

As for Ethiopia, its current chief is called Dr Abyi & he has come into an agreement with Eritrea & he too is building a road on his side that reaches the Assab border. You fought/killed/lied & cheated to get an outlet through Assab for ur defunct idea of a Tgray Republic, now Suddenly Assab is irrelevant? Qiqiqiqi

Ethoash wrote:
13 Apr 2021, 06:35
how many time should i tell u , Assab port is outdated it need ten billion dollars to fix to modernized the port... for example u were happy that u got outdated cranes. what Ethiopia going to do with those cranes.. Ethiopia doesn't export loose coffee .... anything exported uses containers....

look at The Djibouti port modern containers Carnes and cry your heart out/

just watch the Carnes and cry ur heart out... Djibouti have 7 ports and they give us one of her port to handle all Ethiopians import and export...

Lameak

Post by Lameak » 13 Apr 2021, 07:09

I like her sex voice when she admit she agree to deal redsea with us and she Said"may le bezeHe lintay kigebrekum eyuta.."and her laugh too😀😂