Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
teodroseIII

Gracing Whitney: Glennis Stunningly Revives the Queen of R&B

Post by teodroseIII » 11 Apr 2021, 12:29

I am an avid watcher of the Voice, American Idol and the various shows that gives unknown singers the chance to be discovered and burst into our collective psyches. Here is one thing I have learned over the years of observing one singer after another step up to microphones to try their hands at covering musical stars: do not try to channel Whitney Houston. Many have tried but I can count on one finger how many have actually succeeding in doing justice to legendary vocalist known as “the Voice”.

Let me introduce you to THE ONE person I have found who literally sent shivers down my back and gave me “goosies” the minute I heard her belt Whitney’s iconic song “the Greatest Love of All”. Her name is Glenda Hulita Elisabeth Batta but she goes by the stage name of Glennis Grace. Though she has been gracing music lovers ever since she was a child, she was introduced to a wider audience in 2018 when she made an appearance on America’s Got Talent. There are very few who are able to grab a crowd by the neck the way Glennis did that evening; even the ever grumpy Simon Cowell was moved awed by her rendition of Whitney’s “I Want to Run to You”....continued...

READ FULL ARTICLE AT: https://ghionjournal.com/gracing-whitne ... -queen-rb/