Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Horus
Senior Member+

Does Ethiopia Have Long Range Missiles Targeted On Aswan Dam?

Post by Horus » 08 Apr 2021, 15:14

Or do we have the requisite types of anti-air missiles to down their bombers?

The real danger is Egypt. If Sudan chooses war with Ethiopia, we will divide her into 4 independent states on a short order.

The security and survival of a nation is entirely dependent on it military and economic power.

Does Ethiopia have a military force that can withstand an Egyptian adventure? This is what Abiy needs to lead not the useless and stupid Ethnic politics of yesterdays.

Horus
Senior Member+

Re: Does Ethiopia Have Long Range Missiles Targeted On Aswan Dam?

Post by Horus » 08 Apr 2021, 15:24

Misraq

Post by Misraq » 08 Apr 2021, 15:26

I am really surprised that Ethiopia hasn't flinched to the threats of both Egypt and Sudan together with the Arab league nations. Two school of thoughts on these

1) Ethiopia is confident on ravaging the Sudan and distroying it making Sudan another Somalia if sudan and egypt start the war. This is possible assuming Ethiopias massive, well trained and experienced infantry divisions that can easily swell if the regional local militias of all region get added

2) This is Oromuma consipiracy to render Ethiopia useless by letting the Amhara province hit hard by Sudan and Egypt so that the Oromia country can be materialized. this may sound conspiracy theory but may sound truth considering the repeated speeches of Shimeles The bull who said "We broke their backbone, we convince and confuse them....etc

I would like to think the first one but we will see....

Horus
Senior Member+

Post by Horus » 08 Apr 2021, 15:51

misraq,

on the surface, it might seem that both Egypt and Sudan have congruent strategic goals. That is not the case. Egypt's underlying objective is to become a regional power over the Red Sea Horn corridor. Egypt knows that it can't occupy Ethiopia to secure the Nile water nor can it completely bomb out the GERD. It is too late. In fact, Ethiopia as we speak is capable of willfully flooding out Egypt and Sudan . So the notion that Egypt can control forever militarily and secure Nile's water is a very stupid idea.

Egypt is simply destabilizing and detracting Ethiopia so that we fail in our strategic goal of becoming a regional middle income nation. This is where the total idiocy of tribal PP party leaders.

Ethiopia will never become a middle income nation let alone a regional power riding the dark horses of tribalism, killilism and ethnic herd of cats.

As for Amara position with respect to the Sudan Egypt war drum - I see a great opportunity for Amara elites to regain their leadership should such a scenario take place. I truly believe if fully armed and supplied Gonder alone can cut Sudan to its size.

Bottom line:
Nation's existence does not stand on stupid good wishes and day dreams - Ethiopia must find a way to build an armed force that matches that of Egypt in hardware.

Last edited by Horus on 08 Apr 2021, 15:55, edited 1 time in total.

Abere

Post by Abere » 08 Apr 2021, 15:54

If this deal is materialized, will be helpful.

"On 22 July 2019, Ahmed sent a letter to French President Emmanuel Macron asking France to help strengthen the Ethiopian air force by providing a sophisticated arsenal of weapons.

This list included 12 fighter jets (including Rafale and Mirage 2000), 18 helicopters, two military transport planes manufactured by Airbus, 10 Dassault Drones, electronic jamming systems, and about thirty M51 missiles with a range of more than 6,000 kilometres capable of carrying nuclear warheads."

https://dailynewsegypt.com/2019/11/20/e ... newspaper/

Horus
Senior Member+

Post by Horus » 08 Apr 2021, 16:12

Abere wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 15:54
If this deal is materialized, will be helpful.

"On 22 July 2019, Ahmed sent a letter to French President Emmanuel Macron asking France to help strengthen the Ethiopian air force by providing a sophisticated arsenal of weapons.

This list included 12 fighter jets (including Rafale and Mirage 2000), 18 helicopters, two military transport planes manufactured by Airbus, 10 Dassault Drones, electronic jamming systems, and about thirty M51 missiles with a range of more than 6,000 kilometres capable of carrying nuclear warheads."

https://dailynewsegypt.com/2019/11/20/e ... newspaper/
Sudan- at the verge of becoming a failed state - will disintegrate into 4 countries - South Sudan, Darfur, North Sudan and Nile State. Those who live in glass houses shall not throw stones.

Deqi-Arawit

Post by Deqi-Arawit » 08 Apr 2021, 16:34

His eminence has already advised Ethiopians that the country should get alone with Erdogan and forge tactical relationship with Turkey to offset the Egyptian threat which is roaming from west. On top of that, Ethiopia should make noise that it is going to build irrigation reservoir around Lake Tana for agricultural and industrial purposes to make the Egyptians to think twice and stop making any threat to bomb the dam.

Deqi-Arawit

Post by Deqi-Arawit » 08 Apr 2021, 17:12

How Turkish drones are transforming the world
Back in the early 2010s when I first started playing with drones, I speculated in the FT that if I could own a drone, anyone could, and that this would have big implications for global politics. At that time, drone technology was largely controlled by the U.S. and Israel, but I noted that it was inevitable that it would spread widely and change the nature of interstate conflict. The specific use I imagined was for targeted assassinations, and Henry Sokolski recently speculated in these pages that they could be used against critical infrastructure like nuclear power plants. Neither of these threats has emerged big time as of yet, but the global landscape has already been changed by military drones.
The main actor in this development is Turkey under its autocratic president Tayyip Recep Erdogan. The country has developed its own domestic drones and has used them to devastating effect in several recent military conflicts: Libya, Syria, in the Nagorno-Karabakh war between Armenia and Azerbaijan, and in the fight against the PKK inside its own borders. In the process, it has elevated itself to being a major regional power broker with more ability to shape outcomes than Russia, China, or the United States.
Turkish drones like the Anka-S were developed by the Turkish aerospace industries firm TUSAS, while the Bayraktar TB2 was developed by the defense industry firm Baykar Makina, led by MIT-educated drone designer Selçuk Bayraktar, who was to later marry Erdogan’s daughter. The impetus to create a domestically-produced drone was driven by the U.S. military embargo in 1975, and Washington’s reluctance to sell the country its advanced Predator and Reaper drones. Turkey bought Heron drones from Israel, but found that relationship problematic as well. Drones are, however, not that hard to manufacture, and the most recent Turkish ones are quite impressive. The TB2 can stay aloft for 24 hours, and can perform both reconnaissance and attack missions.
The effectiveness of these weapons was first demonstrated beyond Turkey’s borders in Syria in March 2020, where in retaliation for a Russian-backed Syrian attack that killed 36 Turkish soldiers, Ankara launched a devastating attack on Syrian armored forces that were moving into Idlib province along the Turkish border. Video footage showed them destroying one Syrian armored vehicle after another, including more than 100 tanks, armored personnel carriers, and air defense systems.
keep reading
https://www.americanpurpose.com/blog/fu ... roning-on/

Abere

Post by Abere » 08 Apr 2021, 17:17

Deqi-Arawit wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 16:34
His eminence has already advised Ethiopians that the country should get alone with Erdogan and forge tactical relationship with Turkey to offset the Egyptian threat which is roaming from west. On top of that, Ethiopia should make noise that it is going to build irrigation reservoir around Lake Tana for agricultural and industrial purposes to make the Egyptians to think twice and stop making any threat to bomb the dam.
Yes, I agree with the proposal that Ethiopia should build irrigation dams using Abay river. In anyway, this is what the country want the most in the face of high population growth and climate change. I am even wondering about investing too much in the cloud rain technology while we have big river like Abay river. Egypt should start to accept the new normal, it is imminent. In stead of crying foul about Abay river and wasting her money procuring armaments' Egypt should invest time and money on technologies how to use Ocean water/ Mediterranean sea for farming and drinking. She just can't be dependent on Ethiopia. As to who will win, Ethiopia will win. It is a sure thing, because the river is naturally with us we can slice and dice it the way wanted it. That @ss hole Sudan, certainly will be fragmented into several useless pieces. Sudanese society is a very loosely connected one. To be honest, even if there are few tribal morons out here inspired by the dead TPLF, I don't think there is no integrally and internally connected group as Ethiopia does. Ethiopians have a strong bond - forget tribal thugs. No body wants to screw his country. We know nin the end there will not be a sh!t country called Tigray or Oromiyyaa. Had Ethiopians been not naturally intrinsically connected, the country would have been dead along time ago as soon as TPLF took power. Thanks to the strong cultural and social bond our good ancestors left us. The problem were are witnessing now is due to those cultural assets are dwindling over three decades. I hope time like this brings most Ethiopians together. Yes, there will be deviants such as TPL remnants and OLF, but these types of mercenaries were seen before in Adwa and other battles - nothing unexpected will happen.

Axumezana

Post by Axumezana » 08 Apr 2021, 17:25

Abiy wasted all energies on an internal war that could have been resolved on a round table political discussion.Isaias the foot soldier of Egypt misled Abiy to go on a wrong way that has destroyed Ethiopia's military capability. Egypt is currently intimidating Egypt after about 145 year (during Emperor Yohannes).

Deqi-Arawit

Post by Deqi-Arawit » 08 Apr 2021, 17:26

Abere wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 17:17
Deqi-Arawit wrote:
Yes, I agree with the proposal that Ethiopia should build irrigation dams using Abay river. In anyway, this is what the country want the most in the face of high population growth and climate change. I am even wondering about investing too much in the cloud rain technology while we have big river like Abay river. Egypt should start to accept the new normal, it is imminent. In stead of crying foul about Abay river and wasting her money procuring armaments' Egypt should invest time and money on technologies how to use Ocean water/ Mediterranean sea for farming and drinking. She just can't be dependent on Ethiopia. As to who will win, Ethiopia will win. It is a sure thing, because the river is naturally with us we can slice and dice it the way wanted it. That @ss hole Sudan, certainly will be fragmented into several useless pieces. Sudanese society is a very loosely connected one. To be honest, even if there are few tribal morons out here inspired by the dead TPLF, I don't think there is no integrally and internally connected group as Ethiopia does. Ethiopians have a strong bond - forget tribal thugs. No body wants to screw his country. We know nin the end there will not be a sh!t country called Tigray or Oromiyyaa. Had Ethiopians been not naturally intrinsically connected, the country would have been dead along time ago as soon as TPLF took power. Thanks to the strong cultural and social bond our good ancestors left us. The problem were are witnessing now is due to those cultural assets are dwindling over three decades. I hope time like this brings most Ethiopians together. Yes, there will be deviants such as TPL remnants and OLF, but these types of mercenaries were seen before in Adwa and other battles - nothing unexpected will happen.
That is political correct word which is totally detached from reality. Egyptians knows the Achilles heel of Ethiopia and they are going to exploit it to the maximum. The 27 years of We against them mentality nurtured and agitated by woyane will not disappear very time soon. Furthermore; Ethiopia is not [deleted] and cohesive society like you want us to believe and I wouldn't even exaggerate if I state with certainty that there is a huge number of "Ethiopians" who are going to root for Egypt in the event of confrontation against Ethiopia.

Dawi

Post by Dawi » 08 Apr 2021, 17:32

Deqi-Arawit wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 17:12
The TB2 can stay aloft for 24 hours, and can perform both reconnaissance and attack missions.
The effectiveness of these weapons was first demonstrated beyond Turkey’s borders in Syria in March 2020, where in retaliation for a Russian-backed Syrian attack that killed 36 Turkish soldiers, Ankara launched a devastating attack on Syrian armored forces that were moving into Idlib province along the Turkish border. Video footage showed them destroying one Syrian armored vehicle after another, including more than 100 tanks, armored personnel carriers, and air defense systems.
Deqi,

Yeah! Yeah! Armenia lost to Azeri because of Turkey Drones. Heard Ethiopia negotiating with Turkey that includes 40% of Ethio-Telcom? I didn't know it was your "His eminence" proposal. Great job! :lol:

Too bad the Syrians can't buy the Israeli Spyder system. Is the Russian Air defense system that weak to be blind to Drones? It seems to me, you can't rely on one kind of Air defense System at all. We need more than one for sure.
Horus wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 15:51
misraq,

Abere

Post by Abere » 08 Apr 2021, 20:01

Deqi-Arawit wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 17:26
Abere wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 17:17
Deqi-Arawit wrote:
That is political correct word which is totally detached from reality. Egyptians knows the Achilles heel of Ethiopia and they are going to exploit it to the maximum. The 27 years of We against them mentality nurtured and agitated by woyane will not disappear very time soon. Furthermore; Ethiopia is not [deleted] and cohesive society like you want us to believe and I wouldn't even exaggerate if I state with certainty that there is a huge number of "Ethiopians" who are going to root for Egypt in the event of confrontation against Ethiopia.
Well, although politically correct statements do not always correspond reality, some do reflect reality when reality becomes a necessity. The only thing Abay rivers become politics is because someone at the national level must spearhead to translate the longtime dream into a reality. And that someone is the government. There are things that politicians try to be politically correct as there nationally essential functions they have to be brutally honest. If Abay river were not an essential and were inviolability of Ethiopian right, it would be easy for the Abiy government to easily concede and agree with Egypt. But this is a serious matter that complicates and compromises the future Ethiopian generation. So, this is not being politically correct. This is about either Egypt for generation will eat the pie all by herself and Ethiopians including the future generation will go hungry and beg for crumbs of bread from other nations. For that matter, I am all about using Abay river for irrigation, becuase we have more fertile land and labor so that sustainable food security will be achieved. I know also mega projects such as hydroelectric dam are more exposed to corruptions naturally, so Abay Dam will not be free of this ( we already saw the TPLF's embezzlement). However, with all the drawback something is better than nothing.

--- As to the solidarity of Ethiopia, there is no question still Ethiopia is more a united country than any country in the world that undergone through Wester colonization. All African countries are struggling to create and build national identity. Ethiopia is unique and the fact that TPLF tried all the last 3o years and misguided some OLF thugs and Tigres does not mean they will shake the country. They will be shaken off as they are currently being dusted off. Ethiopia and Ethiopians are not like a baby country born out of colonization - we are as old or older than the colonizers of Africa and the rest of the world. Some victims of የግብፅ እና ምዕራባዊያን ቃብድ ገንዘብ በልተው ለሚያቃጥሩ ጆሮ አንሰጥም:: The dam will be filled the ቡሃቃ አፍ ዐረብ can bark day and night even using its loudspeaker TPLF and ሰገጤ OLF.

Tiago

Post by Tiago » 08 Apr 2021, 21:31

when push comes to shove we mus not overlook the use of cheap and nasty option.

Ethiopia can give Sudann and Egypt a 100 year homework by dumping radioactive waste in the river.this has an international implication that make all those Mediterranean countries push pressure on Egypt to be grateful and accept what Ethiopia offers.

Horus
Senior Member+

Post by Horus » 08 Apr 2021, 22:16

Tiago wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 21:31
when push comes to shove we mus not overlook the use of cheap and nasty option.

Ethiopia can give Sudann and Egypt a 100 year homework by dumping radioactive waste in the river.this has an international implication that make all those Mediterranean countries push pressure on Egypt to be grateful and accept what Ethiopia offers.
Tiago

Or we can give them a slow death; all we need to do is to figure out ingenious ways of diverting and irrigating all of those Nile feeding rivers and slowly dry the Egyptian ungrateful pipe. Most of all we must deny Egypt our annual gift of billions of tons of fertile soil. Believe me we can discover dozens of ways of punishing Egypt, if she chooses that path.