Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
sarcasm

"Eritrea participated in the Tigray War without invitation" - consequences of accepting the Ethiopian line for Eritrea

Post by sarcasm » 05 Apr 2021, 20:24

The reason the Ethiopians insist "Eritrea participated in the Tigray War without invitation" & the consequences of accepting the Ethiopian line for Eritrea

"Eritrean narrative: it is fighting a pre-emptive war of invading and controlling selected locations to defend from possible attack by retreating TPLF fighters.

The Eritrean narrative is least evolved and self defeating. The act of incursion or invasion into a sovereign country can potentially trigger UN military/blockade intervention under its Chapter VII - articles [39] [41] [42]. Although, the Ethiopian govt. has not made calls to the UN under those terms [unlikely to do so], nonetheless, as the Eritrean participation is considered to be impeding peaceful outcome and thus creating security risk, such mechanisms could still be taken. Again, since the Eritrean narrative was that the country was not involved [actually still appears to be so], then it doesn't really have any line of propaganda to set a narrative. This has reduced the Eritrean narrative to be nothing more than challenging the veracity of charges leveled against its armed forces.

So, does Eritrea have an exit strategy? Very unlikely, judging by the way things are going. By accepting that it had opted for invasion/incursion for its own security, Eritrea assumes full responsibility for damages. The Ethiopian PM had recently estimated that the damage in Tigray is so far hoovering around $ 1 billion USD. Would Eritrea be held accountable for repaying part of this? The Ethiopian govt. had made it abundantly clear that it did not invite Eritrea into the country. So, who will assume the costs for the damages? Are Eritreans willing to foot the bill?

Ultimately, the Tigray conflict will be settled on a round table. The problem is for us, Eritrea, because we will not have a seat at the table. Rather, we are likely to end up as a meal on the table."

The above is a shortened version of HaileTG's comment on awate.

sarcasm

Re: "Eritrea participated in the Tigray War without invitation" - consequences of accepting the Ethiopian line for Eritr

Post by sarcasm » 06 Apr 2021, 07:32

"Once you break it, you going to own it" Colin Powell

sarcasm

Re: "Eritrea participated in the Tigray War without invitation" - consequences of accepting the Ethiopian line for Eritr

Post by sarcasm » 07 Apr 2021, 07:54

Please wait, video is loading...

Fed_Up
Senior Member+

Post by Fed_Up » 07 Apr 2021, 08:58

Really ayte qiluee Mamo.

What better invitation Eritreans should be expected better than this from agamewoch? Let’s say what you have done Eritrea and Eritreans for the past 27 years is not enough but ....hey this one is the last invitation from the coward agamewoch...

Dherieee meretsaaa...Haida’a ala bezalamebssaaa

To me it is more than enough invitation to EDF.

sarcasm

Post by sarcasm » 18 Oct 2021, 10:41

sarcasm wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 07:32

When I heard about Colin Powell's passing, I remembered this amazing quote which will remain one of the main principles of international politics for many many years. I wish Isaias has thought twice before joining Abiy in invading Tigray. Eritreans are now burdened by the responsibility for the consequences of his callous decision. Nobody can quantify Eritre's debts owed to Tigray for the aggravations caused on the people and infrastructure of Tigray.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 18 Oct 2021, 10:47

Did you manage, to give him a message for Legesse chenawi in hell? :mrgreen:

15 Years Ago, Colin Powell Lied to the United Nations
https://theintercept.com/2018/02/06/lie ... ld-the-un/

sarcasm wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 10:41
sarcasm wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 07:32

When I heard about Colin Powell's passing, I remembered this amazing quote which will remain one of the main principles of international politics for many many years. I wish Isaias has thought twice before joining Abiy in invading Tigray. Eritreans are now burdened by the responsibility for the consequences of his callous decision. Nobody can quantify Eritre's debts owed to Tigray for the aggravations caused on the people and infrastructure of Tigray.

Digital Weyane
Member+

Post by Digital Weyane » 18 Oct 2021, 11:01

ኡቱ ወያነ ላብ ኤርትራ ልቶኮሶ ሮኬታት ልሰራዊት ኤርትራ <<ንዑ ውቕዑና>> ልብል ዕድመ ዶኾነይ?? :roll: :roll:
ዋይ ዋይ፣ ጩግራፍሲ ዓርሳ ሃሪማ ተእዊ ኾይኑ ኡቱ ነገር። :roll: :roll: