Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Re: Meskel Square underground parking project - 9 months after project start

Post by DefendTheTruth » 03 Mar 2021, 16:55

temari wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 15:57
Takele Uma's legacy for Addis, that guy transformed the city from bottom up but then thrown away like our long held tradition.

We have no respect or like to reciprocate for the people who have sacrificed a lot for the common good of the people.

BTW.; what happend to Eskinder Nega's petition to stop the construction?

If he may come out one day from his warm prison cell somehow, he may get an heart attack at the view of this magnificient architectural work of the capital of the country that he laboured himself so much to stop.

TGAA
Member+

Post by TGAA » 03 Mar 2021, 21:25

I like the way you whitewash the good, the bad, and everything else seamlessly. He will get credit for the good deeds and should get walloped for his shady deeds. The shady things he deeds are as clear as September sky. If any person should be in a prison cell it was Takele Uma, not Eskender . Eskender objected Takele Uma's crime nothing else. Takele Uma gave away apartments, who was built by the contribution of Addis residences, and free land like a hotcake he ended up being promoted as Minister of Minerals , and Eskender who pointed out this glaring injustice is in prison.

"We have no respect or like to reciprocate for the people who have sacrificed a lot for the common good of the people."

I'm not saying he didn't do good things, far from it, he and Erkubai ,maybe the closest to resemble the mayor of Addis Ababa in the past 30 years of weyane and EPDRF,but his good and bad deed should be evaluated and judged accordingly. we can fairly judge him without giving him undeserved accolade.

temari

Post by temari » 04 Mar 2021, 03:05

Hmm I’m not sure of that. I thought this project is part of buitifying seger and is run by the PM office but I could be wrong. Takele is more known for helping the poor and even more for corruption around condominium houses. His legacy in Addis is completely tarnished after both Ezema and the current administration revealed the level of corruption and „teregnet“ during his office. My advice to PP is to hide Takele until the next election from any public appearance which Abiy seems is doing. Takele was not even in the current cabinet meeting in Koisha. That’s good. Adanech Abebe has way more credibility in Addis than the hypocrite Takele. Sorry but true.
DefendTheTruth wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 16:55
temari wrote:
Takele Uma's legacy for Addis, that guy transformed the city from bottom up but then thrown away like our long held tradition.

We have no respect or like to reciprocate for the people who have sacrificed a lot for the common good of the people.

If he may come out one day from his warm prison cell somehow, he may get an heart attack at the view of this magnificient architectural work of the capital of the country that he laboured himself so much to stop.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 09 Apr 2021, 09:35

temari wrote:
04 Mar 2021, 03:05
Hmm I’m not sure of that. I thought this project is part of buitifying seger and is run by the PM office but I could be wrong. Takele is more known for helping the poor and even more for corruption around condominium houses. His legacy in Addis is completely tarnished after both Ezema and the current administration revealed the level of corruption and „teregnet“ during his office. My advice to PP is to hide Takele until the next election from any public appearance which Abiy seems is doing. Takele was not even in the current cabinet meeting in Koisha. That’s good. Adanech Abebe has way more credibility in Addis than the hypocrite Takele. Sorry but true.
DefendTheTruth wrote:
temari wrote:

Didn't Engineer Takele Uma start this project? Didn't Eskinder Nega run around with petitions to stop the same project, claiming it will damage historical sites or something like that?

Today he is name called hypocrite. no one can hide how much he served the city. But it will also not be forgotten how many people were running around to tarnish the name and reputation of the hard-working Oromo man.

If you think he was corrupt then how did the so called EZEMA failed to sue him in the court of justice?

Just scribbling something on the paper and running to the public is not nearly a anything to proof that someone is corrupt. It seems that they have silently taken back their allegations.

If he tried to compensate those who were dislodged from their ancestral land with sheer amount of force without a reasonable compensation and tried to mend the wounds, then not only Engineer Takele Uma, but also those in America who introduced the so called Affirmative Action and somewhere else in the world similar policies are all corrupt.

Hypocracy is, in my view, trying to justify the campaign of Territory Reclaim somewhere else in the country, like in Wolkait and Tsegede, and attempting to malign those who tried to componsate the ones who were dispossessed in the center of the country.

I can see no more double standard.

It is only a matter of time until Adde Adanech Abebe will also be get maligned and thrown away.

We (specially the Oromo people) serve our country with all we can but then get the most despised in the same country, nothing is more unfortunate.

temari

Post by temari » 09 Apr 2021, 09:46

Under the watch of Takele Uma thousands of condominium houses that were built by Addis Ababans were stolen and transferred to PP cadres. Remember no one opposes compensation for the farmers but that has not happened but PP cadres stole it in the name of farmers. I'm not saying this but the current Addis Ababa Administration itself released a report admitting this fact. Takele's name is forever attached to this very bad image in Addis Ababa and the PM is wise enough not to bring him to the front during this election time.

Even if you want to compensate farmers, you can't do that by taking the houses built by hard earned private money of Addis Ababans and just giving it to the farmers. That is the stupid thing to do. You build new houses from the government coffers and not rob Addis Ababan private money.

Forget Eskender. He is nothing but a Oromophobic. He was condemning this project based on his Oromophobic fears and made a fool out of himself at the end. That was one of the stupid steps Eskender took. The other being attaching the Addis Ababa political quest to Amhara ethnic politics. For me Eskender is politically dead just like Takele Uma.

DefendTheTruth wrote:
09 Apr 2021, 09:35
temari wrote:
DefendTheTruth wrote:
temari wrote:

Didn't Engineer Takele Uma start this project? Didn't Eskinder Nega run around with petitions to stop the same project, claiming it will damage historical sites or something like that?

Today he is name called hypocrite. no one can hide how much he served the city. But it will also not be forgotten how many people were running around to tarnish the name and reputation of the hard-working Oromo man.

If you think he was corrupt then how did the so called EZEMA failed to sue him in the court of justice?

Just scribbling something on the paper and running to the public is not nearly a anything to proof that someone is corrupt. It seems that they have silently taken back their allegations.

If he tried to compensate those who were dislodged from their ancestral land with sheer amount of force without a reasonable compensation and tried to mend the wounds, then not only Engineer Takele Uma, but also those in America who introduced the so called Affirmative Action and somewhere else in the world similar policies are all corrupt.

Hypocracy is, in my view, trying to justify the campaign of Territory Reclaim somewhere else in the country, like in Wolkait and Tsegede, and attempting to malign those who tried to componsate the ones who were dispossessed in the center of the country.

It is only a matter of time until Adde Adanech Abebe will also be get maligned and thrown away.

We (specially the Oromo people) serve our country with all we can but then get the most despised in the same country, nothing is more unfortunate.

ZEMEN

Post by ZEMEN » 09 Apr 2021, 09:53

temari wrote:
09 Apr 2021, 09:46
Under the watch of Takele Uma thousands of condominium houses that were built by Addis Ababans were stolen and transferred to PP cadres. Remember no one opposes compensation for the farmers but that has not happened but PP cadres stole it in the name of farmers. I'm not saying this but the current Addis Ababa Administration itself released a report admitting this fact. Takele's name is forever attached to this very bad image in Addis Ababa and the PM is wise enough not to bring him to the front during this election time.

Even if you want to compensate farmers, you can't do that by taking the houses built by hard earned private money of Addis Ababans and just giving it to the farmers. That is the stupid thing to do. You build new houses from the government coffers and not rob Addis Ababan private money.

Forget Eskender. He is nothing but a Oromophobic. He was condemning this project based on his Oromophobic fears and made a fool out of himself at the end. That was one of the stupid steps Eskender took. The other being attaching the Addis Ababa political quest to Amhara ethnic politics. For me Eskender is politically dead just like Takele Uma.

DefendTheTruth wrote:
temari wrote:
DefendTheTruth wrote:
temari wrote:

The priority of the government of Ethiopia is Fuk-D-up. Plain and simple.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 09 Apr 2021, 13:06

I didn't read the report you are talking about. If there is injustice, then injustice shouldn't be tolerated and injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere. But I don't think the government will tolerate the former Mayor, if he really committed such amount of injustice, that can't happen simply in the current setup, where the government itself under high pressure to prove itself free of wrong-doings.

I am also not sure if your claim that the said condemeniums were really "stolen", if so, then under what pretext?

what possibly can happen is that the distribution of the condos to the said owners might have been delayed than originally set deadline. This is not unreasonable, in my view.
Considering the loss of those farmers, theirs is more critical than the said owners and it is only logical to set priority for those who were affected the most.

Where do you think that land, on which the condos were built on, came from? It was first confiscated from the farmers and then the building work was ensued.

What you are saying is that the properties were confiscated and that simply can't happen. You can't confiscate from someone and try to compensate someone else.

If some of the officials were perhaps related to the farmers who were dislodged from their lands, then there is some good reason to compensate the following generation (lost oppotunity cost).

By saying all these, do I try to deny that there is a corruption in all of the scheme, no. To assume that is simply very naive. The whole country and specially A. A. is infested with the disease from head to toe. No party can make that clean in overnight, if at all.

So, are some former OPDO and current EPP, Oromia branch, are most of them corrupt, who decided to join politics for their own gains? TPLF would have not ruled over Ethiopia, if it didn't manage to rally behind itself so many corrupt local officials in the regions.

But those outside of politics are also not clean, to try to throw the dirt only at the party officials.

Well, it is good that you admitted that Eskinder was driven by oromophobia but the problem is that it is not only Eskinder. There are many who are lionizing Eskinder and demonizing the likes of Engineer Takele Uma and many other Oromo officials.

The important question is then why do people opt to side with someone who is driven by Oromophobia?

Even on this very forum, there were some who were calling out for "Abey Ahmed is a single bullet lost". He somehow managed to survive so far and hopefully will survive and thrive to steer this country of over 110 millions into a better future.
temari wrote:

DefendTheTruth wrote:
temari wrote:
DefendTheTruth wrote:
temari wrote:

temari

Post by temari » 09 Apr 2021, 15:10

I didn't say Takele Uma did personally any criminal act. What I said was "under his watch" there was corruption on the condos, not that they were distributed to farmers but that they were distributed to cadres and their families.

No one opposes compensation to farmers but that need to be done transparently and it should not be done at the cost of other citizens who have been saving and waited for more than a decade. The farmers are innocent and they never asked for condos to begin with let alone to demand to get condos NOW. They will be very happy to get government commitment to build for them condos or pay them appropriate compensation. The whole politics around the farmers which is based on exploiting and playing farmers against city residents made everything bad and at the end left both the farmers and Addis Ababans empty while the cadres got the price.

Eskender and his movement had a climax at a time when Addis Ababans were scared to death by events in Burayu (just at the outskirt of Addis), the Jawar drama at Koye Feche condo site blocking Addis Ababans from getting their own condos that is built by their hard earned money and the press release of all Oromo parties including OPDO declaring the ownership of Addis Ababa to be Oromia region going against the constitution. That was the time when Oromophobia was at its climax in the city. These events and the Id card controversy gave birth to Eskender and his movement.

Since then PM Abiy and PP took many positive steps to control the damage and give residents confidence and security. These steps reduced the main driving force behind the movement of Eskender i.e. Oromophobia. Additionally, Eskender made stupid political mistakes and attached the Addis Ababa quest to an ethnic Amhara politics. That is when Eskender became politically dead, at least in Addis Ababa. Balderas may get some votes but it can not win Addis Ababa, which it could have won easily. Now it looks more like Ezema and PP will get most of the votes. Eskender and Balderas can only win Addis Ababa if Jawar & Co. are released and start their old politics of bullying and scaring Addis Ababan residents. That will surly resurrect Balderas and pushes it to the maximum popularity. For now I see no chance for Balderas to win Addis Ababa.

DefendTheTruth wrote:
09 Apr 2021, 13:06
I didn't read the report you are talking about. If there is injustice, then injustice shouldn't be tolerated and injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere. But I don't think the government will tolerate the former Mayor, if he really committed such amount of injustice, that can't happen simply in the current setup, where the government itself under high pressure to prove itself free of wrong-doings.

I am also not sure if your claim that the said condemeniums were really "stolen", if so, then under what pretext?

what possibly can happen is that the distribution of the condos to the said owners might have been delayed than originally set deadline. This is not unreasonable, in my view.
Considering the loss of those farmers, theirs is more critical than the said owners and it is only logical to set priority for those who were affected the most.

Where do you think that land, on which the condos were built on, came from? It was first confiscated from the farmers and then the building work was ensued.

What you are saying is that the properties were confiscated and that simply can't happen. You can't confiscate from someone and try to compensate someone else.

If some of the officials were perhaps related to the farmers who were dislodged from their lands, then there is some good reason to compensate the following generation (lost oppotunity cost).

By saying all these, do I try to deny that there is a corruption in all of the scheme, no. To assume that is simply very naive. The whole country and specially A. A. is infested with the disease from head to toe. No party can make that clean in overnight, if at all.

So, are some former OPDO and current EPP, Oromia branch, are most of them corrupt, who decided to join politics for their own gains? TPLF would have not ruled over Ethiopia, if it didn't manage to rally behind itself so many corrupt local officials in the regions.

But those outside of politics are also not clean, to try to throw the dirt only at the party officials.

Well, it is good that you admitted that Eskinder was driven by oromophobia but the problem is that it is not only Eskinder. There are many who are lionizing Eskinder and demonizing the likes of Engineer Takele Uma and many other Oromo officials.

The important question is then why do people opt to side with someone who is driven by Oromophobia?

Even on this very forum, there were some who were calling out for "Abey Ahmed is a single bullet lost". He somehow managed to survive so far and hopefully will survive and thrive to steer this country of over 110 millions into a better future.
temari wrote:

DefendTheTruth wrote:
temari wrote:
DefendTheTruth wrote:
temari wrote:

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 10 Apr 2021, 07:09

እንዳንዴ ዲዲቲ ቀልቡን ሲገዛ ደስ ይለኛል።

የኔ መልስ ለዚህ ጭቅጭቅ ወይም ወይይት እንደሚከተለው ነው።

ተክለ ጎማ ኮንዶሚኒየም ስርቆ ለኦሮሞዎችና ለፒፒ አከፋፈለ ነው ክሱ። እንደኛ ምንም ማስረጃ የለንም ግን ይሁን እንበልና መልሴ እንደሚከተለው ነው።

ከስር መስረቱ እንነሳ። ኦሮሞዎች ወይኔዎች ድንበራችንን ገፍተው መጥተው ። መሬታችንን ስረቁ ብለው ነበር አብዬቱ የመጣው የቄሮ አብዬት።

እና እንተማመን አንድ አማራ በኔ መሬት ላይ ሳያስፈቅደኝ የናጠጠ በአለም አንደኛ ፎቅ ቢስራ ። እና አሁን ብዙ ገንዘብ ስላወጣሁበት መሬት ህን ልወስደው ወይም በቃ ስለመሬቱ አትጠይቀኝ የሚሉት ነገር አለ ወይ። በወያኔ ግዜ የነበረው የከተማ አስተዳደር በግድህም ይሁን ወደህም ይሁን መሬቱን ወስደን ኮንዶሚኒየሙን እንስራለን ብሎ ነበር ነገር አበላሽቶ አብዬት የመጣው።

ታድያ የአዲሳባ ሕዝብ ምንም ሳይነካቸው በቄሮ ተከሻ ላይ ቄሮዎች ከአምስት ሺህ ወጣቶች አጥተው ያገኙትን ድል ። አዲሳበባዎች ሊቀማቸው ይፈልጋሉ። አሁንም እንተማመን አዎ አዲሳባዎች ገንዘባቸውን አጠራቅመው ነው ኮንዶሚኒሚኒሙን የስሩት ግን በስወ መሬት ላይ ነው የስሩት ። አሁን ደርሶ ካሳ እንከፍላቹሁ አይስራም ። ኮንዶሚኒየሙን ለቅለህ ብት ሄድም መሬቱ አንዴ ሲሚንቶ ከነካው ለግብርና ስለማይሆን የድሀ ገበሬ መሬት ነክተሀልና እሁን ኦሮሞው መሬቱን አንድ ቢሊዬን ዶላር ማለት ይችላል። መብቱ ነው። ማን አባት ህ ነው በስው መሬት ላይ ኮንዶሚኒየም ስራ ያለህ።

አሁን ምንድነው አስታራቂው አሳብ ሁሉም ማሽነፍ አለበት። አንዳንድ ሰው ለምን ለኦሮሞዎቹ የራሳቸው ኮንዶሚኒየም አይስራላቸውም ይላሉ ገና ሶስት እና አምስት አመት መጠበቅ አይፈልጉም ፍርዳቸውን አሁን ማግኘት ነው የሚፈልጉት ታድያ መላው ይህ ነው።

እንበል መቶ ኮንዶሚኒየሞች ተስርቶ አልቀዋል እንበል ፷ ው ለከፈሉት ስዋች ይተላለፋል ፳ ደግሞ ለኦሮሞዎቹ ይተላለፋል የቀረው ፳ ቤቶች ደግሞ ተክለ ጎማ ለሚፈልገው ስወ ለፒፒም አባላት መስጠት ቢችል ነገሮችን እናለዝብ ነበር።

ይህ ማለት ደግሞ መቶ ሺህ ኮንዶሚኒሞች ከተስሩ ፳ ሺህ ኦሮሞዎች ስለሚያገኙ በደስታ የመሬት ጥያቄያቸውን ያነሳሉ ። ይህ ብቻ አይደለም ለገበሬዎቹ ተመጣጣኝ መሬት ሌላ ቦታ በመስጠት የቤት ብቻ አይደለም ባለቤት የምናረጋቸው የመሬትም ነው ይህ ማለት ስርተው ገንዘብ ካገኙ ኮንዶሚኒየም ውስጥ ለመኖርና ዘመናዊ ለመሆን ስለሚያስችላቸው ተደስተው ይኖራሉ።

አንዳንድ ቡዳ ለምን ከገበያ ዋጋ በላይ ይከፈላቸዋል ለሚሉ። እዚህ አሜሪካ ሀገር መንግስት መጥቶ ቤት ህን ልቀቅ ለመንገድ ሲልህ ሎተሪ እንደደረሰህ ነው የምትቆጠረው ለምሳሌ የቤት ህ ዋጋ መቶ ሺህ ቢሆን መንግስት ሚሊዬን ነው የሚስጥህ ቶሎ ለቀህ እንድትውጣ። ሌተሪ ደረሰህ የምልህ ለዚህ ነው።

እሁን በቀደም መንግስት መንገድ በአፋርና በሱማሌ ለመስራት ፈልጎ በካሳ ክፍያ ጭቅጭቅ መንገዱ ለብዙ ግዜ ተቋርጦዋል ። ግን መንግስት ብልጥ ቢሆን ቤት እራሱ ስርቶ ስዋቹን አንድ ላይ አስፍሮ ለውሃም ለኤሌትሪክም የሚያወጣውን ውጪ ቀንሶ ስዎቹንም አስደስቶ የመንገዱንም ጥቅም አስረድቶ ሁሉም በስላም ያልቅ ነበር ። የዥህን ግዜ ነው ወይኔዎች የናፈቁኝ። ምንም የካሳ ክፍያ ላይ ሳይጫቃጨቁ አዲስ አበባን ያስዋቡት እኮ የጭቃ ቤት ያለውን ስው ኮንዶሚኒየም እየስጡ ነበር።

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 15 May 2021, 16:19

DefendTheTruth wrote:
temari wrote:

Yes, he was thrown out while working day n night, but he didn't stop to work hard afterwards.

We will keep working hard and get blamed for our hardwork, now he is showing a miracle of growth where he moved to as well.

The nation has exported gold worth $504.73 million over the past 10 months, mines minister Takele Uma told Reuters, up from exports worth $90.3 million in the fiscal year to end-June 2020.

temari

Post by temari » 15 May 2021, 16:55

DefendTheTruth wrote:
15 May 2021, 16:19
DefendTheTruth wrote:
temari wrote:

Yes, he was thrown out while working day n night, but he didn't stop to work hard afterwards.

We will keep working hard and get blamed for our hardwork, now he is showing a miracle of growth where he moved to as well.

The nation has exported gold worth $504.73 million over the past 10 months, mines minister Takele Uma told Reuters, up from exports worth $90.3 million in the fiscal year to end-June 2020.
Look, I'm not against Takele Uma. I was just describing his image in Addis. Btw, the real revenue increase in the mining sector came because of the higher price the National Bank of Ethiopia is now willing to pay. It is the National Bank that did the main job without diminishing the job of the Minister. TPLF reduced the price of God the National Bank used to pay to very low price forcing the traditional miners to sell their gold directly to TPLF illegal dealers and the National Bank went empty to the point it was exporting only 36 mio dollar a year.

In the last consecutive years the National Bank raised the price which brought all the gold that was sold in the black market directly to the National Bank boosting the foreign exchange earnings tremendously. Note that Ethiopia used to earn over 600 million dollars a year before TPLF reduced the price and started the black market. We are now nearing that price thanks to the National Bank and of course our Minister :lol:

Takele himself admits that the price increase of the National Bank was the main reason why the gold earning increased dramatically.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 16 May 2021, 06:26

temari wrote:
15 May 2021, 16:55

Look, I'm not against Takele Uma. I was just describing his image in Addis. Btw, the real revenue increase in the mining sector came because of the higher price the National Bank of Ethiopia is now willing to pay. It is the National Bank that did the main job without diminishing the job of the Minister. TPLF reduced the price of God the National Bank used to pay to very low price forcing the traditional miners to sell their gold directly to TPLF illegal dealers and the National Bank went empty to the point it was exporting only 36 mio dollar a year.

In the last consecutive years the National Bank raised the price which brought all the gold that was sold in the black market directly to the National Bank boosting the foreign exchange earnings tremendously. Note that Ethiopia used to earn over 600 million dollars a year before TPLF reduced the price and started the black market. We are now nearing that price thanks to the National Bank and of course our Minister :lol:

Takele himself admits that the price increase of the National Bank was the main reason why the gold earning increased dramatically.

Well, management skill is also part of the leadership competency, in my school of thought. If he straightened what was wrong in the production and bringing to the market of the commodity, then he is defintely the right manager, for which he should get the needed credit.

He is not expected to just dig out and produce more and more gold but also correct the wrongs on the marketing side and increase revenue, which he did.

Well again, you also wrote the following at the beginning about him and now you are already not "against Takele Uma", it is your right to have it both ways, though.
temari wrote: