Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
eden
Member+

ኤርትራንስ እሺ፣ እንዴት ያገር ውስጥ ሃይሎችን ከትግራይ (አገራቸው) ውጡ ይላሉ? የውስጥ ጉዳያችን አይደለምን? ወይስ አሜሪካ ትግራይን እንደ አገር ማየት ጀመረ?

Post by eden » 01 Mar 2021, 21:28

This is very critical question and I appreciate they raising the issue. But I wish they bring in diverse views to debate the issue instead of same minded hosts building one same view. However, I find the question very relevant to see what the future holds for the region.

May be, we diverse forumers can add and enrich the debate?

sarcasm

Re: ኤርትራንስ እሺ፣ እንዴት ያገር ውስጥ ሃይሎችን ከትግራይ (አገራቸው) ውጡ ይላሉ? የውስጥ ጉዳያችን አይደለምን? ወይስ አሜሪካ ትግራይን እንደ አገር ማየት ጀመረ?

Post by sarcasm » 01 Mar 2021, 22:09

I don't know if Abiy's played the Amhara Region or they were all to blame for being gullible and believing that just because their soldiers are there, they can claim the land. Possession does not always imply ownership. The Defence Minister was clear from week 1 that the war was not about changing regional boundaries. Abiy could have shown leadership by backing the Defence Minister on the first week.

He has told the Tigray transitional government they will administer all areas of Tigray but I guess he was waiting until the end of the election to deny National Movement of Amhara winning the region. But now he is in dilemma as the international community will not give him months.

Constitution of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia

Article 48. State Border Change
s

1. All State border disputes shall be settled by agreement of the concerned States. Where the concerned States fail to reach agreement, the House of the Federation shall decide such disputes on the basis of settlement patterns and the wishes of the peoples concerned.

2. The House of Federation shall, within a period of two years, render a final decision on a dispute submitted to it pursuant to sub-Article 1 of this Article.