Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
ittuabafarda

Happy Victory Day

Post by ittuabafarda » 28 Feb 2021, 16:39

I want to give a roaring shoutout to my dearest countrymen/women joining them in their celebration of the historic Victory at the Battle of Adwa. That victory has been and shall remain an inspiration for freedom and justice mongering people worldwide. It was achieved at great cost in human lives. It was a product of numerous groups of people who shed their differences and stood up to a bully as one. The human blood shed on that fateful and glorious day was the blood of every man and woman from every corner of the country who heeded the call to arms. Let’s show the world that we are still as United in putting together all our resources to help those in dire need throughout the old country including our dearest brothers and sisters in Tigray.

Happy Victory Day Yo’all!!!!!!!

ittuabafarda

Re: Happy Victory Day

Post by ittuabafarda » 28 Feb 2021, 19:28

The Battle of Adwa which lived up to be the pride of the colored that inspired the Japanese in 1905 and Gen. Giap in 1954 could have been lost disastrously. When I read a revealing incidence that took place amidst the battle of Adwa where Menelik began mulling strategic withdrawal when he saw many of his soldiers being victims of the machine guns of the Italian soldiers, then he was stopped from issuing such orders by his commanders and the leader of the Barentu Oromo horsemen let his cavalry loose on the enemy and the tide suddenly started turning, that is a revelation by itself. It was when one of the sharp lances accurately hurled hit its intended target on the broad chest of the so arrogant General Dabormida who died squealing like a pig. That was a Barentu Oromo well tooled lance. That just killed the morale of the invading army and the rest is history. Those gallant defenders not only defeated one of the most powerful nations but they also brought down the government in Rome who sent the invading army thousands of miles away. Our ancestors took more than 1,500 Italian soldiers(Kin and kits of the SLAVE OWNERS of Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Louisiana, Texas etc..) prisoners. Wait a minute! Wait a minute!!! I am not done yet. They demanded Italy to put its John Hancock on the dotted line acknowledging 'those colored folks, those Negroes are from now on ‘my equals. Hereby I admit defeat at their black hands’. Ha! Ha! Ha! How about that?! Wait a minute!!! I am not done yet!!! Two of those soldiers were 4 or 5 star generals. Woooooweeeey!!!! That gives me a serious bout of goose bumps ravaging my high mileage body from a runaway pride whenever I read about it. That did not happen out of separation. Tigres did not do it alone and wouldn't be able to do it alone. In fact they were licked just few soldiers of Baratieri at the battle that took place weeks before the main battle at Adwa. That glorious victory, the Amharas did not do it alone. The Oromo couldn’t have done it alone. The blood that flowed that fateful day was not of the Amharas alone. It was a blend of Amharas, Tigres, Oromos and many others with them. Am I not telling the truth? That is a testament to everything that needs to be done to right the wrongs committed since then. Because the dividends that was supposed to be shared by all participants was not to be so in the decades that followed. Oromos were marginalized. Amharas were marginalized. Tigres were marginalized. Many other ethnic groups were marginalized. That country ended up to be ruled by elites and smart alecs. There cannot be amicable solutions for such ills by doing it alone. It is a freedom for all!!! It is prosperity for all!!! It is the pursuit of happiness for all!!! If someone is telling you otherwise, rest assured that there is an ulterior motive behind that. Once such smart alecs carve out a territory as their own, then they have to ‘protect’ it from ‘hostile neighbors’. That means they will be on constant war footing with everyone around them. That is inevitable and I call history as my witness/irrefutable evidence. March 1st every year has been my proudest day as a black man. So be careful how you talk to this Itu here. Today and tomorrow he is a [ deleted ] with a serious bout of an attitude!!!!

ittuabafarda

Re: Happy Victory Day

Post by ittuabafarda » 02 Mar 2021, 23:28

Hello Dear Countrymen!!!!

You know me by now that I have nothing but love for you. I am here to let you hear from me something that is very special for me both as your dear countryman but also as a man of color. That story and the day I am sharing with you is that glorious day etched in stone never to be concealed or left forgotten. It is that day that sends megawatt volts of pride all over my high mileage body every time I think or read about it. It is that glorious day, that day my and your grandparents marched into the hills, ravines and fields of Adwa knowing that it would be their last day on this good earth. They did that because no one had to tell them that it was their Allah given rights to defend their Allah bestowed domiciles from murderous bigots. No one had to tell them that heavily armed ‘KKK thugs’ were there to shoot and hang every ‘[ deleted ]’ in sight. They were in complete understanding that the enemy they were facing at that place on that day behooves them to be calculating and also well prepared. They understood very well that a vast network of intelligence must be in place to play that heathen on their doorstep. And they played him very, very well. It was written that the mad as hell patriotic chief from Tigrai was sending ‘secret’ messages to Baratieri his intention to defect to his side and he was waiting for the Italian chief to fire the first shot. It was also written about the ‘secret’ messages the emperor’s cousin Mekonen along with chiefs Haimanot and Mika-il(Ali) were urging him to come and kill their common enemy, the emperor. It was written that they were ‘telling’ Baratieri that the emperor army is getting thinner and fewer by the day that he was thinking about cutting and run for his life. They pondered!!! They lured!!! They lured and lured the monster from Rome until he was well inside their compound. When their single and double envelopment war plan is firmly on the ground they lured him again to fire the first shot. Dabormida might have sent a message to his wife that the very next day he would shoot a photo of him surrounded and being served by 3,000 ‘[ deleted ]’. What he did not know was the fact my Barentu ‘grand uncle’ and his Amhara, Tigrai and many other ethnic groups were watching his every move and primed to show him and his partners-in-crime how lethal an Ethiopian could be when his pride is touched by outsiders and ready to teach him a lesson or two how to conduct a conventional warfare Alula style, Mekonnen style, Taytu style, Haimanot style, Mika-il(Ali) style, Balcha style, Dinagde style leaving him no counteroffensive option! None! None except for Baratieri to cut and run like a scared witless rabbit or rather like a high noon bank robber chased by blood smelling vigilante mob!!!! But for my [ deleted ] information or rather misinformation was part of the game. You think that misinformation was started by KGB and CIA during the cold war. No!!! It was my and your grandparent who perfected and used from the bottom of the deck to their advantage. They painted themselves as if they were deserted, far and few when their rank was swelling by the day!!! They presented themselves as people who love to run naked or have naked and did not have any clue what warfare is or how it was supposed to be conducted as an organized army. They even sent him fattened cattle, honey and milk to make him think they were still like his Neanderthals ancestors who were incapable of distinguishing friends from enemies. By now the Baratieri’s ego was so built up and emboldened by the news of potential desertion at the outset of war ordered the commencement of the battle. But his worst nightmare was awaiting him. His worst nightmare, a [ deleted ] with a Hotchkiss gun on his lap was all around him even before finishing his recital to the Roman gods. He could hear that thunderous scream of that fire spitting woman named Taytu admonishing those soldiers of the fainted hearts who tried to withdraw prematurely from the battle fronts!!!! He could hear her telling them that she did not bring enough skirt for them to wear!!!! And he could hear them telling that roaring Taytu like ‘Don’t talk to me like that, woman! I am going back!’ Baratieri saw those incensed men turning into killing machines, their fainted hearts gone in a flash!!! Now the earth and sky were laminated all around him with little leeway for folding back or escape. Now my Barentu grand cousin and his comrades in arms started playing the complicated mancala game in the middle of the battle. On one of their moves their led the arrogant Dabormida and his entire battalion plus army right into the welcoming arms of my Barentu grand cousins. When the carnage was over Dabormida was dying squealing like untidy pig. Now arch angels Jibril and Mika-il were in the mix. They were in the mix because that land of Maryam Magdalene and Bilal ibn Rabah was being desecrated by ruffians. They were in the mix because that land and its people were put together there by Allah at the beginning of times no matter the numerous and unabating travesties they had to go through. It is because it was the land where the two major religions, Christianity and Islam, had taken foothold there without the need of an all out battle. The battle Baratieri started on that day did not even last the entire length of the daylight. For intents and purposes it was over by the mid day. At 12 high noon, it was over. Now Baratieri turned around and ran like a scared deer from the Chercher Mountains!!! One of my grand cousins along with his Tigrayan and Amhara friends were in hot pursuit after him. But his horse was still fresh and not like their battle fatigued ones. But they stood on top of one the hills and told him who he really was. Oh Boy!!!! They were telling him using all kinds of words in their profane dictionary. No, I am not telling you what they yelled at him. No, no this is a family show. But I can tell you one so mildly. All three of them thundered at him like ‘You, the son of a thousand biscuits!!!!’ It seems he heard it all slammed into his bigoted ears carried by the drifting wind. How do I know that? You may ask. That is because I was teleported to that day!!!! I saw that thunderous lady Taytu telling off the retreating soldiers!!! You should all read more about her. Now some of you misogynistic pigs may doubt her role just because she was a woman. I highly suggest that you don’t say that around Lia bin Tadesse, Alemtsehay bint Wodajo, Birtukan bint Mideksa, Meaza bint Ashenafe, Muferiat bint Kamil, Aisha bint Mohammed bin Mussa and others in their posse who have been giving chauvinists like you that deadly stare of death. For now this high mileage, beyond-repair Afro-Ethio-centric [ deleted ] has been having a serious bout of an attitude since yesterday!!!!!