Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
eden
Member+

PM Abiy right hand man: to get rid of the fish, dry the ocean

Post by eden » 28 Feb 2021, 11:13

Those who speak the language, please confirm if translation is accurate and correct any mistranslation to the English caption in the video.

Misraq

Re: PM Abiy right hand man: to get rid of the fish, dry the ocean

Post by Misraq » 28 Feb 2021, 11:25

Eden,

What he said was that, "we no more have the moral obligation to feed Tigray. Let's grant tigray article 39, deport 3 million Tegarus from the rest of Ethiopia and we won't need to deal with them"

That is his direct translation and I do agree with this gentleman. Tigray is now into it's rightful and historical size so it should venture the journey by herself

Jimmy

eden
Member+

Post by eden » 28 Feb 2021, 11:31

I think he’s referring to Oromia

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 28 Feb 2021, 11:48

eden wrote:
28 Feb 2021, 11:13
Those who speak the language, please confirm if translation is accurate and correct any mistranslation to the English caption in the video.

Bad news for you: the translation is not accurate and specially taken out of context.

After the same statement which purporteldy claims to have said "you need to dry up the ocean to finish off the fishes" he said "what do I mean with this....". So, why is your concoction expert decided to cut it exactly at the point? To take out of context? But why?

Did you get it from Yaballo gadi-galo?

Try something else, this one has failed.

eden
Member+

Post by eden » 01 Mar 2021, 12:36

Defend,

Please post the video showing the whole context. The truth is what we all want. That is why I asked for any correction as I don't want to add to the mess.

It is wrong translation? If you telling the truth, PP should contact the below media and advise to correct. This may not be the only media. Otherwise, if true, this is exhibit A for the upcoming ICC case against PM Abiy and Co.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 01 Mar 2021, 16:16

eden wrote:
01 Mar 2021, 12:36
Defend,

Please post the video showing the whole context. The truth is what we all want. That is why I asked for any correction as I don't want to add to the mess.

It is wrong translation? If you telling the truth, PP should contact the below media and advise to correct. This may not be the only media. Otherwise, if true, this is exhibit A for the upcoming ICC case against PM Abiy and Co.

I think this is a fair gesture from your side, for trying to seek the truth. I took some of my time to try to translate part of the video where the said phrase was used and which should be the relevant part for the phrase and sufficient to put it into a context. The concoction experts of the social media can claim something different, which they are good at it, anyway.

The other important point to put into context the speech of Obbo Fiqadu Tesemma, an Oromo himself, trying to express something like "to finish off the fishes let the ocean dry up" would have been self decimation. But why does he wish himself that, it defies any sort of logic and Abay Media can try to collect its coins by trying to sensationalize such a silly claim as if something worse of giving it an ear.

No wonder that media is begging for money already for a year or so but still unable to launch the said Satellite transmission. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here my translation, which I am not claiming to be perfect but I tried to do it to the best of my understanding and to the best of my consciousness, for truth is worth to defend it.
...As I noticed in your questions, you raised about how we were able to win over the junta within 15 days, but then failed to win over the OLF-Shane group. You raised the points like if it is really we lacked the needed force to crash it, or is it there something that should be the reason (of the failure).

There is a basic difference between a conventional war and a rebellion.

In a conventional war you face an enemy that is organized at different levels and uses different kinds of sophisticated weaponry against the enemy side.
Junta was a conventional army that engaged us through a conventional war and faced us face to face.

Rebellion is different, its logistics are based in the people itself, during the day it is with the people and takes part in every normal activities of the general population and collects information, including from those of the party in power, which it is going to use in the nights to cruelly assassinate and murder those it pin-pointed during the day as a civilian.

The way to win over such an enemy is just like killing off the fishes. You can’t finish all the fishes by picking them individually from the Pacific or Atlantic oceans.
So to win effectively over such an enemy you need to dry the ocean itself. So what do I mean by that?

At the places where it has hold the people by means of fear, you need to organize them and enable them to fight it back for themselves.

At the places where it tried to brainwash the people and made them to follow it, you need to promote the awareness of the people and defeat over it politically, by means of the consciousness of the people themselves.

This requires a political struggle. If you beat it today at one place, then it will appear at another place tomorrow, moving in small group around, terrorizing the people at everywhere it turned to. ...
That is my input and others who can also speak Afan Oromo can supplement it or even correct me, if i made some mistakes.

Asmara

Post by Asmara » 01 Mar 2021, 16:24

eden wrote:
28 Feb 2021, 11:13

An "Eritrean" who is deeply involved in Ethiopian internal politics more than the stakeholders themselves.. isn't this amazing :lol: :lol:

eden
Member+

Post by eden » 01 Mar 2021, 16:54

Defend,

Thank you, it makes sense. He is referring to ideology then, not what many in social media considered it to be like ethnic or tribe based.

You see Legesse Asfaw who was Tigray ruler during derg is said to have said something ethnic using the fish analogy. This could be why it invited reaction. Of course, some use it to score political points which is hurting honest dialogue.

p.s. Asmera, it's ok for Eritrean to participate, even write 10 books about Ethiopia. Don't limit yourself by geographic or political boundaries that will evolve. Don't let HGDEF or SAWA control your mind. God gave you a brain just like he gave HGDEF rulers. Don't feel your brain and spirit is
Inferior to HGDEF. Don't limit yourself because the solution to problem of millions could be in your brain but may be not in their brain nor my brain. Ok?

Asmara

Post by Asmara » 01 Mar 2021, 17:29

eden wrote:
01 Mar 2021, 16:54
p.s. Asmera, it's ok for Eritrean to participate, even write 10 books about Ethiopia. Don't limit yourself by geographic or political boundaries that will evolve. Don't let HGDEF or SAWA control your mind. God gave you a brain just like he gave HGDEF rulers. Don't feel your brain and spirit is
Inferior to HGDEF. Don't limit yourself because the solution to problem of millions could be in your brain but may be not in their brain nor my brain. Ok?
So in your logic, most Ethiopians (at least in this forum) have limited thinking capabilities because you never see them discussing about Eritrean opposition groups, mentioning Mesfin Hagos, Andebrehan or others. Eden (Dedebit graduate) It is simple if your Agame mind understands it. I am Eritrean and I see Ethiopia like any other nation in our region. I only discuss Ethiopian politics if I think the issue directly or indirectly affects Eritrea. Whereas you, as a Tigrian and Tigray being inside Ethiopia, their politics is your politics hence I completely understand you.

eden
Member+

Post by eden » 01 Mar 2021, 18:13

Defend,

Here's another video. PP better clean it up quickly because the perception matters regardless of the truth. By the way, you never posted the original video that contains the fuller speech.

P.S.
Asmara wrote:
01 Mar 2021, 17:29
I am Eritrean and I see Ethiopia like any other nation in our region.
That is ok. But understand not everybody feels and thinks like you. Many Eritreans were and still are Ethiopias. Many don't read too much into man made boundaries. Don't ask others to live your experience. Ok?

By the way, I can comfortably say many Ethiopians do not have a clue about Eritrea. Neither do they know eachother. This is generally speaking. Try reading Markakis (last two frontiers)
But first get rid of the hold HGDEF propaganda on your ability to think for yourself

kerenite

Post by kerenite » 01 Mar 2021, 19:01

eden wrote:
01 Mar 2021, 18:13
Defend,

Here's another video. PP better clean it up quickly because the perception matters regardless of the truth. By the way, you never posted the original video that contains the fuller speech.

P.s.
Asmara wrote:
That is ok. But understand not everybody feels and thinks like you. Many Eritreans were and still are Ethiopias. Many don't read too much into man made boundaries. Don't ask others to live your experience. Ok?
Anti gwal gaHba can you name those "many eritreans were and still ethiopians"??? Lekhbat wannabe eritrean and to add insult to injury you pose here as an eritrean lowlander. :evil:

Lekhbat ugum, most eris hate you ugum (worse in lowland eritrea) and also hate the dreamers of "Qey bahrachin".

Hey! As we speak, "atrocities" are being committed in your country by eris (although I don't condone it), however, you deserve it. Karma is a [deleted]. In the year 2000, you brought your sefi hizb in buses and trucks to loot. The looting took place in barentu, tessenay, aligidir, golluj, umhajer, tekomobia, alebu, haykota and other small villages in western eritrea. The people of those areas were crying then and now it is your turn to cry. It is a pay back albeit I don't condone it.

eden
Member+

Post by eden » 01 Mar 2021, 19:36

Kerenite

Stop dividing Eritrea by saying lowland is more hater. This statement is anti lowland and anti Eritrea. Stop sabotaging without knowing.
kerenite wrote:
01 Mar 2021, 19:01
name those "many eritreans were and still ethiopians"???
I am not making up. Eritrea is diverse. Many feel Ethiopian on top of being Eritrean. Here is an example but this may be a bit extreme compared to what I mean feeling Ethiopian, I mean it not necessarily political sense

euroland
Member+

Post by euroland » 01 Mar 2021, 19:51

kerenite wrote:
01 Mar 2021, 19:01
eden wrote:
01 Mar 2021, 18:13
Defend,

P.s.
Asmara wrote:
Anti gwal gaHba can you name those "many eritreans were and still ethiopians"??? Lekhbat wannabe eritrean and to add insult to injury you pose here as an eritrean lowlander. :evil:

Lekhbat ugum, most eris hate you ugum (worse in lowland eritrea) and also hate the dreamers of "Qey bahrachin".

Hey! As we speak, "atrocities" are being committed in your country by eris (although I don't condone it), however, you deserve it. Karma is a [deleted]. In the year 2000, you brought your sefi hizb in buses and trucks to loot. The looting took place in barentu, tessenay, aligidir, golluj, umhajer, tekomobia, alebu, haykota and other small villages in western eritrea. The people of those areas were crying then and now it is your turn to cry. It is a pay back albeit I don't condone it.
Well Put!!