Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Post Reply
eden
Member+
Posts: 6594
Joined: 15 Jan 2009, 14:09

Ethiopian professional journalists bringing the TRUTH out (ESAT traditional journalists asking Government to jail them)

Post by eden » 22 Feb 2021, 14:24




Cartmann
Member
Posts: 402
Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 16:36

Re: Ethiopian professional journalists bringing the TRUTH out (ESAT traditional journalists asking Government to jail th

Post by Cartmann » 22 Feb 2021, 14:48

Ya truth! according to him, Ethiopia is using in Tigray chemical weapon, the same kind of weapon that America used in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I didn’t know that Ethiopia possesses nuclear technology only few countries have. In my dictionary if you are disinforming intentionally without any evidence, you should be jailed under the press law, just as ESAT said. I would have jailed him just for not knowing the difference between atomic and chemical weapon. Truth nothing but the whole truth.

eden
Member+
Posts: 6594
Joined: 15 Jan 2009, 14:09

Re: Ethiopian professional journalists bringing the TRUTH out (ESAT traditional journalists asking Government to jail th

Post by eden » 22 Feb 2021, 14:56

There’s no Atomic bombs without Chemicals. That’s how I understood his claim. I admit I’m no expert.

I say let him speak and let government or other private media defend it or explain it. ESAT may invite such experts and make a joke out of his claim but they can’t ask to shut down the press without providing arguments or counter arguments against ethiotube.com for being irresponsible.

You lived under hgdef for decades so you trust rulers over cool citizens and journalists. You are one sad case, you allowed G15 to rot instead of giving them opportunity to prove their innocence or not.

Cartmann
Member
Posts: 402
Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 16:36

Re: Ethiopian professional journalists bringing the TRUTH out (ESAT traditional journalists asking Government to jail th

Post by Cartmann » 22 Feb 2021, 15:19

eden wrote:
22 Feb 2021, 14:56
There’s no Atomic bombs without Chemicals. That’s how I understood his claim. I admit I’m no expert.

I say let him speak and let government or other private media defend it or explain it. ESAT may invite such experts and make a joke out of his claim but they can’t ask to shut down the press without providing arguments or counter arguments against ethiotube.com for being irresponsible.

You lived under hgdef for decades so you trust rulers over cool citizens and journalists. You are one sad case, you allowed G15 to rot instead of giving them opportunity to prove their innocence or not.
In law, the burden of proof lies with the accuser, not the accused. I don not know how you do it in Tigray, but internationally it is common practice to hold an accuser accountable by asking evidence. It is not like you claim someone is a killer and the police or court will ask him to defend the accusation. May be in Tigray that is the norm, but everywhere else they ask the one who is accusing what his evidence is.
I have always called for citizens' right for fair trial. Don't spin the matter to escape from the argument. This thread is not about the G15, it is about the G11 :mrgreen:


[/quote]

eden
Member+
Posts: 6594
Joined: 15 Jan 2009, 14:09

Re: Ethiopian professional journalists bringing the TRUTH out (ESAT traditional journalists asking Government to jail th

Post by eden » 22 Feb 2021, 16:41

Cartmann wrote:
22 Feb 2021, 15:19
In law, the burden of proof lies with the accuser, not the accused.
You are the accuser here accusing him of fabrication. So, according to you, the burden is on you. Does that help you see why you should not shutdown the press and jail journalists who bring out the issues?

Why are you giving the government the benefit of the doubt but not the media who supposedly vetted their guests?

Fiyameta
Member
Posts: 1894
Joined: 02 Aug 2018, 22:59

Re: Ethiopian professional journalists bringing the TRUTH out (ESAT traditional journalists asking Government to jail th

Post by Fiyameta » 22 Feb 2021, 16:42

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Translation coming soon.......... :x :x :x
Please wait, video is loading...
https://www.facebook.com/helen.gebreaml ... 8573767784

Sam Ebalalehu
Member
Posts: 1809
Joined: 23 Jun 2018, 21:29

Re: Ethiopian professional journalists bringing the TRUTH out (ESAT traditional journalists asking Government to jail th

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 22 Feb 2021, 17:02

Eden, you are fighting a lonely battle. I give you credit you are the only one from your side who makes at least some sense. I heard the other day those two talking.
Here is my take : they are totally ignorant about chemical weapons, I mean not having an understanding a smart street guy could have about it. Or those guys were stoned. What do you say ?

simbe11
Member
Posts: 1903
Joined: 23 Feb 2013, 13:02
Location: Addis Ababa

Re: Ethiopian professional journalists bringing the TRUTH out (ESAT traditional journalists asking Government to jail th

Post by simbe11 » 22 Feb 2021, 17:08

Eden,
Do you understand the governments' obligation to defend the territorial integrity of the nation?
Where did you get the moral to defend TPLF?
TPLF started the war (They admitted that).
How will you blame the ENDF for defending itself?
Also, the presence of HGDEF is a source of cry.
What would have happened to the civilians in north Gondar(Humera/Welkait) if the sahbos let people move into Eritrea?
What you are doing is shameful

Cartmann
Member
Posts: 402
Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 16:36

Re: Ethiopian professional journalists bringing the TRUTH out (ESAT traditional journalists asking Government to jail th

Post by Cartmann » 22 Feb 2021, 17:13

eden wrote:
22 Feb 2021, 16:41
Cartmann wrote:
22 Feb 2021, 15:19
In law, the burden of proof lies with the accuser, not the accused.
You are the accuser here accusing him of fabrication. So, according to you, the burden is on you. Does that help you see why you should not shutdown the press and jail journalists who bring out the issues?
Yes, I am accusing him that he is lying. In this case, since the burden of proof lies with me, i gave you my proof that Ethiopia do not have the technology to use the same weapon the US had used in Japan as he is claiming. Second, I indicated that it was not chemical weapon that was used in Japan, it was atomic bomb. I have proved the fact. What more do you want?
Why are you giving the government the benefit of the doubt but not the media who supposedly vetted their guests?
Because the accused is always not guilty until evidence is presented. In this case if he is lying that Ethiopia has used the kind of weapon that the US used in Japan, he may be lying about other issues as well. The accused ,whether it is government or individual, is always presumed not guilty until the accuser meets his burden of prove.
Does that help you see why you should not shutdown the press and jail journalists who bring out the issues?
I never argue that any media should shut down. It depends on them. There is what we call media ethics and medias follow a set of strict standards stipulated by law. Media doesn't mean free licence to disinform people and spit venom. Like everybody else, journalists or medias are accountable to their actions.

Asmara
Member
Posts: 896
Joined: 24 May 2007, 05:09

Re: Ethiopian professional journalists bringing the TRUTH out (ESAT traditional journalists asking Government to jail th

Post by Asmara » 22 Feb 2021, 17:21

Cartmann wrote:
22 Feb 2021, 15:19
eden wrote:
22 Feb 2021, 14:56
There’s no Atomic bombs without Chemicals. That’s how I understood his claim. I admit I’m no expert.

I say let him speak and let government or other private media defend it or explain it. ESAT may invite such experts and make a joke out of his claim but they can’t ask to shut down the press without providing arguments or counter arguments against ethiotube.com for being irresponsible.

You lived under hgdef for decades so you trust rulers over cool citizens and journalists. You are one sad case, you allowed G15 to rot instead of giving them opportunity to prove their innocence or not.
In law, the burden of proof lies with the accuser, not the accused. I don not know how you do it in Tigray, but internationally it is common practice to hold an accuser accountable by asking evidence. It is not like you claim someone is a killer and the police or court will ask him to defend the accusation. May be in Tigray that is the norm, but everywhere else they ask the one who is accusing what his evidence is.
I have always called for citizens' right for fair trial. Don't spin the matter to escape from the argument. This thread is not about the G15, it is about the G11 :mrgreen:

[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You got him . This dude who goes by the nick Eden writes 99% of the time about TPLF, Abiy and Ethiopia in general while he is an "Eritrean".

eden
Member+
Posts: 6594
Joined: 15 Jan 2009, 14:09

Re: Ethiopian professional journalists bringing the TRUTH out (ESAT traditional journalists asking Government to jail th

Post by eden » 22 Feb 2021, 17:32

Cartmann wrote:
22 Feb 2021, 17:13
Yes, I am accusing him that he is lying. In this case, since the burden of proof lies with me, i gave you my proof that Ethiopia do not have the technology to use the same weapon the US had used in Japan as he is claiming. Second, I indicated that it was not chemical weapon that was used in Japan, it was atomic bomb. I have proved the fact. What more do you want?
I wish you were right and I was wrong but I have difficulty accepting your two "proofs."

You see you need to prove to the forum that Drones do not involve chemicals and Hiroshima and Nagasaki didn't involve chemicals that are the same. One.

Second, you need to prove Ethiopia army or UAE do not own the Drone Technology.

If you do both, I would join you in accusing the media for letting him speak. Otherwise, I assume it's cover up and you should not be comfortable with that.

Cartmann
Member
Posts: 402
Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 16:36

Re: Ethiopian professional journalists bringing the TRUTH out (ESAT traditional journalists asking Government to jail th

Post by Cartmann » 22 Feb 2021, 17:48

eden wrote:
22 Feb 2021, 17:32

I wish you were right and I was wrong but I have difficulty accepting your two "proofs."

You see you need to prove to the forum that Drones do not involve chemicals and Hiroshima and Nagasaki didn't involve chemicals that are the same. One.

Second, you need to prove Ethiopia army or UAE do not own the Drone Technology.

If you do both, I would join you in accusing the media for letting him speak. Otherwise, I assume it's cover up and you should not be comfortable with that.
Even Halafi Mengedi knows what ጨሚካል or ኣጦሚቕ weapon means. Ask him :mrgreen:

Post Reply