Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
teodroseIII

Turning Yeshua into “Jesus”: Pharisees Continue to Break His Legacy

Post by teodroseIII » 21 Feb 2021, 11:34

The playbook is always the same; when the establishment perceive a risk to their hustle from prophets who speak truth to their power, they neutralize the threat, whitewash their legacy and eventually invert their teachings. This has happened over and over throughout history but nowhere is this example more stark than what Pharisees did to an agitator who defied their grift. Follow me as I relay a story of how priests nailed a truth-teller’s hands and feet to the cross and silenced a revolutionary figure.

A couple of days ago, I had a very vivid dream about religion and the ways the Holy book has been weaponized to pacify humanity and elevate the rich. Prominent in my dream was a brown skinned teacher who rebelled continuously against the status quo and pushed back severely against usury. Wherever He traveled, he preached about love and extolled the virtues of community above selfishness. Though he had few followers compared to the “keepers of the law”, he nonetheless created a stir and inspired people to question the very dogmas that kept them in bondage...continued...

READ FULL ARTICLE AT: https://ghionjournal.com/turning-yeshua-into-jesus/