Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum

Sam Ebalalehu

Re: ኦቦ ዳውድ ኢብሳ: የቡርቴን የእቃቃ ምርጫ አላዳምቅም

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 20 Feb 2021, 10:30

Well, Mr. Ibsa should have known he cannot have it both way. He chose to have armed insurgents terrorizing Oromos in some part of Ethiopia while giving lip service to free election.
When the OLF returned from Asmara there was excitement from some young Oromos of certain region. They did a good job to highlight that supposed support.
Now, OLF is fighting within itself. The Oromos who welcomed it back are nowhere to be seen.
I agree it is best for OLF not to participate. If it does participate it will manage to win parliamentary seats in certain part of Wellega, and maybe Bale. Period.
OLF is becoming an irrelevant organization in Ethiopian politics, and Mr Ibsa just confirmed that.
As for the Birtukan “ Eka, Eka, Chewata” I say I like 100 percent it better than the TPLF’s controlled election.
Well, I understand Eden might not feel the same way.
The lady has written off her darling , TPLF, out of the game.
I see it differently though. The time TPLF formed its own mercha board and had regional election ended its participation in Ethiopian politics, even before it attacked the army.
How a fair and free election it will be the one Birtukan is supervising, I have no way of knowing. After the election is held, I like many millions will judge whether the election is fair or not.
But I could say this : the lady has had a proven integrity.