Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
teodroseIII

A Lesson from My Son Yohannes: Seek Melodies Despite the Muck of Politics

Post by teodroseIII » 18 Feb 2021, 23:30

I woke up this evening only to find myself still enmeshed in ire; cooped up in my home, recovering from Covid-19 and walled off from the world, I let a malicious public serpent root me in a passion I could not outpace no matter how much I tried. My wife finally decided to take time for herself after spending the whole day tending to her unending duties as a mother so it was my time to take care of our son. I knew I had to shake this feeling of irritability that was enveloping me like the bitter cold in Texas. I decided to turn to music in order to shed the shadows of exasperation that was mobbing my heart.

For some reason, one of my favorite songs from my childhood beckoned so I turned to YouTube and typed in “Can’t Hurry Love Cover” hoping to find respite from umbrage through music. The transformation happened instantly! Perhaps it was the sounds of my youth or the uncontained glee of my son Yohannes; in a flash the enmity I carried all day morphed into jubilation. As horrible I sound when I attempt to croon, I started to sing along and I felt at one with the melodies emitting from television. My son, never one to miss an opportunity to dance and exude felicity, started to clap and boogie as Jordin Sparks belted her rendition of the Supremes hit in the background...continued...

READ FULL ARTICLE AT: https://ghionjournal.com/seek-melodies- ... -politics/