Post by eritrea » 18 Feb 2021, 09:02

Saudi Arabia offers to mediate in Ethiopia dam dispute

WORLD, MIDDLE EAST

Riyadh vows to protect water security of Arab countries
Mohammed Amin |

KHARTOUM, Sudan

Saudi Arabia wants to mediate between the parties in a longstanding dispute over the Grand Ethiopian Renaissance dam project and hold talks with their leaders, Sudan’s Council of Ministers said Wednesday.

Saudi Minister of State for African Affairs Ahmed Bin Abdul Aziz Kattan has disclosed that King Salman has asked him to meet with Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed and Egyptian President Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi.

During his visit to Sudan on Wednesday, the Saudi minister confirmed that the kingdom has offered to mediate to resolve the dispute between Egypt, Ethiopia and Sudan, the Council of Ministers said in a statement.

It said Kattan reiterated Saudi Arabia’s support for the water security of Arab countries and maintaining the rights of the three countries.

“Saudi Arabia is very committed to the protection of the water security of the Arab countries, but we are [also] keen to resolve this complicated issue,” Kattan added.

The United Arab Emirates, European Union and US as well as the African Union are currently mediating in the dispute.

Anadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form. Please contact us for subscription options.
Related topics

Aurorae Borealis

Re: Saudi Arabia offers to mediate in Ethiopia dam dispute

Post by Aurorae Borealis » 18 Feb 2021, 10:36

I hope the Arabs are not selling Eritrea for water. Then again, all kind of weird conspiracies rush to my head. Isayas interview on the Red Sea basin security ( His suggestion on the Somali coastal security, allowing other countries to help) renders a lot of conspiracy to my head. I believe he is testing the waters. But, then again who is going to stand on his way. To make it or break it, he owns it.

eritrea

Post by eritrea » 18 Feb 2021, 11:01

Aurorae Borealis wrote:
18 Feb 2021, 10:36
I hope the Arabs are not selling Eritrea for water. Then again, all kind of weird conspiracies rush to my head. Isayas interview on the Red Sea basin security ( His suggestion on the Somali coastal security, allowing other countries to help) renders a lot of conspiracy to my head. I believe he is testing the waters. But, then again who is going to stand on his way. To make it or break it, he owns it.
ክተት ተባሂልካ ከምዘለኻ ኣይትረስዕ።

Aurorae Borealis

Post by Aurorae Borealis » 18 Feb 2021, 11:05

His comment on his Somali coastal security gives me a not gold rush but cold rush. :evil: :lol: He is not hiding anything. He spells it like he wants it.
He is more concerned about the Nile water. :evil: Pay attention to what he says on 31:00 in regard to Somali Coastal Security. I think the Ethio Navy is in. :twisted:

kerenite

Post by kerenite » 18 Feb 2021, 15:00

eritrea wrote:
18 Feb 2021, 09:02

WORLD, MIDDLE EAST

Riyadh vows to protect water security of Arab countries
Mohammed Amin |

KHARTOUM, Sudan

Saudi Arabia wants to mediate between the parties in a longstanding dispute over the Grand Ethiopian Renaissance dam project and hold talks with their leaders, Sudan’s Council of Ministers said Wednesday.

Saudi Minister of State for African Affairs Ahmed Bin Abdul Aziz Kattan has disclosed that King Salman has asked him to meet with Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed and Egyptian President Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi.

During his visit to Sudan on Wednesday, the Saudi minister confirmed that the kingdom has offered to mediate to resolve the dispute between Egypt, Ethiopia and Sudan, the Council of Ministers said in a statement.

It said Kattan reiterated Saudi Arabia’s support for the water security of Arab countries and maintaining the rights of the three countries.

“Saudi Arabia is very committed to the protection of the water security of the Arab countries, but we are [also] keen to resolve this complicated issue,” Kattan added.

The United Arab Emirates, European Union and US as well as the African Union are currently mediating in the dispute.

Anadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form. Please contact us for subscription options.