Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Aurorae Borealis

Re: እዚዶ ትግዕታ ትርህጻ. Wedi medhin berad didnt disappoint me

Post by Aurorae Borealis » 24 Feb 2021, 15:19

Deqi,

I don't believe all of Isayas supporters put the blame on America. They believe in Isayas, for many diverse reasons. The worst supporters believe in him because of his affiliation to the region or the religion card. We have some Halafi Mengedi personalities among us. :lol: :lol: He is our superman type agenda. Some of the amiches support him for the revenge factor. But, there are some who believe that Eritrea needs a strong man who can steer the country in the right direction when external powers pose a threat to Eritrea's survival. In other words. he has supporters who view him as the man who liberated the country almost by his own. His personality and leadership was an asset and a liability during the struggle. After independence, the my way or the highway proved to be a dangerous path to building a modern successful state in the region.

Deqi-Arawit

Post by Deqi-Arawit » 24 Feb 2021, 15:36

Aurorae Borealis wrote:
24 Feb 2021, 15:19
Deqi,

I don't believe all of Isayas supporters put the blame on America. They believe in Isayas, for many diverse reasons. The worst supporters believe in him because of his affiliation to the region or the religion card. We have some Halafi Mengedi personalities among us. :lol: :lol: He is our superman type agenda. Some of the amiches support him for the revenge factor. But, there are some who believe that Eritrea needs a strong man who can steer the country in the right direction when external powers pose a threat to Eritrea's survival. In other words. he has supporters who view him as the man who liberated the country almost by his own. His personality and leadership was an asset and a liability during the struggle. After independence, the my way or the highway proved to be a dangerous path to building a modern successful state in the region.
likewise, most of the people who oppose him with passion and zeal according to my own observation has nothing to do with the substance or policy he is implementing, but because of his region and religion. this set of mind goes two ways. "ወዲ ላዕላይ ገዛ ስለዝኾንኩ ዮቅርሩኒ ኣለዎ ዓይነት ዘረባ።" እንታይ ዘይሰማዕና፣ ንኽትደግሞ ዝሕፍር ዘረባ.

Aurorae Borealis

Post by Aurorae Borealis » 24 Feb 2021, 15:45

Deqi,

That kind of mentality is very common in Africa. Nothing to be ashamed about. It is evolutionary thinking, We just have to admit existing mentalities and work on them. Eritrea is not an exception. The worst part is denial. Look at Weyane, the same case pervaded their thinking too.

Deqi-Arawit

Post by Deqi-Arawit » 24 Feb 2021, 16:10

Aurorae Borealis wrote:
24 Feb 2021, 15:45
Deqi,

That kind of mentality is very common in Africa. Nothing to be ashamed about. It is evolutionary thinking, We just have to admit existing mentalities and work on them. Eritrea is not an exception. The worst part is denial. Look at Weyane, the same case pervaded their thinking too.
It has nothing to do with evolution nor African thing, it has to do with lack of economic opportunity. In third world countries, the only place on which people have a chance to shine is to occupy public office, become a minister or Army General. Becoming a CEO of a corporate world is non existent in this part of the world.

That is the main reason why his eminence has always advocated that Democracy in a poor heterogeneous society will never work, unless there is economic opportunity which could accommodate every citizen.

Aurorae Borealis

Post by Aurorae Borealis » 24 Feb 2021, 16:46

Deqi,

You can not ignore symptoms. It is human nature to do so. You need to deal with them. Democracy means self rule. To create economic opportunities, through the capitalists and democratic system is the most effective and efficient system there is. Look at Europe and the USA. Look at the mafioso government in Russia. Look at the communist party in China. China is creating gangster type economic opportunities for its people. The minute you make money, the second minute, the capo shows up in your home to share the loot. Let us not jump on that democratic vs. None-democratic arguemnt. Eritrea does not have that choice. Your argument is self defeating. We have problems in Eritrea. To solve the problems, you have to identify them, You have to be as transparent as possible. You have to search yourself and get rid of your bias first. You need to be honest with yourself. When Isayas was leading the struggle for thirty years, every one supported him. Now, his ineffectiveness brings out a lot of accusations. That is normal. How are you going to create economic opportunities to a society that is primitive and divided. BTW, America itself was divided during the Trump era. Now, the country is quite and much more united. Unity does make a big critical difference even to the most advanced country in the world. You have got to strive for unity first. Gangster style leadership brings society down. Weyane is a good example.

kerenite

Post by kerenite » 24 Feb 2021, 17:03

Deqi-Arawit wrote:
24 Feb 2021, 15:36
Aurorae Borealis wrote:
24 Feb 2021, 15:19
Deqi,

likewise, most of the people who oppose him with passion and zeal according to my own observation has nothing to do with the substance or policy he is implementing, but because of his region and religion. this set of mind goes two ways. "ወዲ ላዕላይ ገዛ ስለዝኾንኩ ዮቅርሩኒ ኣለዎ ዓይነት ዘረባ።" እንታይ ዘይሰማዕና፣ ንኽትደግሞ ዝሕፍር ዘረባ.
"Because of his region and religion" lol.. for instance, I detest issayas not based on region or religion same as the majority of eritreans.