Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
sarcasm

What happened in Aksum? A personal account of a university lecturer

Post by sarcasm » 15 Feb 2021, 12:27

....On Thursday, November 19, 2020, around 2.00 pm, Aksum and its surrounding were heavily and randomly shelled from afar by heavy artilleries by the combined force of the Eritrean and Ethiopian troops to create havoc and terror, just like they did in the cities in western Tigray such as Humera, Sheraro and Shire, a couple of days before their arrival in Aksum. The entire city was in turmoil and every creature, not only humans but also animals, was in a great shock. However, as there were heavy tensions from the battle in Selekleka (around 37 kilometers west of Aksum) that have lasted for a couple of days, we had a conjecture that the enemy would easily give in Aksum. Immediately, I saw thousands of civilians, including my friends who were staying with me in a hotel, flee to the nearby villages, or to Mekelle (on foot), or to the nearby monasteries to save their lives. Many more civilians also fled from their home and spent that night at St. Mary of Zion church, and took refuge at similar other shields begging God’s mercy.

Continue reading

Zelku

Re: What happened in Aksum? A personal account of a university lecturer

Post by Zelku » 15 Feb 2021, 13:14

This is another fabricated lie. He saw the event as he’s watching a movie and even counts 720 corpses.. bla bla. Why do people sow hatred through lies. Especiall a hatred that leaves the God fearing and kind people of Tigray isolated from his brothers??? Why?