Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum

C beyond

Re: Jawar Mohammed who has been on a hunger strike for days slipped into unconsciousness on Sunday.

Post by C beyond » 14 Feb 2021, 22:12

"ጀዋር መሐመድ እናቱ ሊጠይቁት ሄደው ሊያውቃቸው አልቻለም"

https://www.bbc.com/amharic/news-56041932

euroland
Member+

Re: Jawar Mohammed who has been on a hunger strike for days slipped into unconsciousness on Sunday.

Post by euroland » 14 Feb 2021, 22:24

አየተ ዓገመ
እንታይ’ደአ ዜና ዓወት ካብ ሜዳ የለይ?
አላ ነገር አጋመ: ጁዋር ጁዋር ትብላ አለኽን ሎሚ ካብ መቓብርክን ዘውፀክን መሲልክን ኢዩ።
C beyond wrote:
14 Feb 2021, 21:44

Lakeshore

Post by Lakeshore » 14 Feb 2021, 22:52

Hunger-strike is a dilemma for prison authorities. It is like two sides of a coin, they have to make a choice, to save the life of the prisoners or to let them die. Prisoners’ hunger strike has been conducted for years in many parts of the world aimed to reach certain goals, solidarity, and other reasons to express opinions. States have the responsibilities to maintain prison security while at the same time preserving the health and well-being of prisoners on hunger strikes.

he is a suspected criminal and he can get his freedom or his punishments through the legal venue, not by hunger strike or organized hooliganism. of course, he can hunger strike in order to get some prison privileges but it is a known fact the prison administration is more accommodating to him than other prisoners in a questionable way.

For example, he was caught when he tried to smuggle in Sim Cards in prison. The administration can charge and convict him for this violation in prison and took away all of his prison privileges including visiting hours. However, they did not do that. They should do that and avoid all controversy and got ample time for additional police investigation without bringing him to court.

Jawar is an instigator and who calls for more than 90 peoples to be killed. From the moral ground point of view, why should we care about him and his collaborator's death? I steal believe it is wrong even to talk about these alleged criminals rather than the victims and their families. Yes, the hunger strike is a publicity stunt and it achieves its goal.

From the legal point of view, the prison administration supposed to explain to the public its guidelines around hunger strikes. Doing this will expose and take away the public sympathy caused by the dilemma of hunger strike.

First of all, all prisoners have a mother, and Jawar's mom is no different than others. The due process can't change for her. She should raise him properly in the first place.

ኣንድ ልጅ አንቁላል ይሰርቅና አቤቱ ኣምጥቶ አናቱን ጥበሽልኝ የላል አናትም ከየት ኣመጣህ ስትል ዝም ብላ ጠብሳ ት ሰጠዋልች።
አንደለመድው ሌላ ጊዜ ደግሞ በሬ ስረቆ ሊያመጣሲል የያዛል ሲደበድቡት ምነው አናቴ የእንቁላሉ ጊዜ በቀጣሽኝ ኣለ።

One of his questions is that his families are harassed by authorities. The prison admin did not arrest his family. They have a right as an individual and the only venue is to bring their concern to the appropriate authority or they can hunger strike or sit down themselves in front of that authority. He is a suspect under the law and has no legal right to represent them. The same logic also applies to his other questions. If his question is about the treatment in the prison yes that is under the jurisdiction of the prison and they can do something if they believe in it. Otherwise, it is a tragedy directed in the wrong place and time.

A death fast is similar, but the striker refuses fluids as well. With no water or food, death occurs at eight to ten days. While hunger-striking can lead to severe medical conditions and death, in this situation the purpose of the prison admin and focus of partisan medical aid is to support the striker’s dignity.

he is a suspected criminal and he can get his freedom or his punishments through the legal venue only, not by hunger strike or organized hooliganism.

Lakeshore

Post by Lakeshore » 15 Feb 2021, 13:19

ያኔ በደርግ ጊዜ አንድህ የሚል ቲያተር ነበር።

ሳይይዙ ነበር ሳይያዙ ከተያዙ ብዙ ነው መዘዙ።

የሰው ህይወት ኣስጠፍቶ በረሃብ ኣድማ መሞት አንጂ ማምልጥ ያቻልም።
ይህ ደግሞ ፍት ህ ይባላል ደንገት ግር ያላች ሁ ወይም ኣውቃች ሁ ለምታደነቁሩን።

ሞት ለዘረኞች!

TGAA
Member+

Post by TGAA » 15 Feb 2021, 18:13

Suicide is a human right. But this mf is faking it.

Lakeshore

Post by Lakeshore » 19 Feb 2021, 08:28

However, I have one question that intrigues me every time I think of this animal Qerro or qorqoro. Why do they like prison? Is it because of the bad prison food or they shugg each other there? I can't understand this animal. Abyi let Bekele Geriba out and warned the stupid Jawar many times but they always find their way in that prison. Yesterday they took him to Army hospital and tried to admit him but he refused. He said he wants to return to his prison cell i do not know why.
For Bekele Geriba, Jawar, and many other Galla staying outside of Prison is like a punishment. if they are forced to be out of prison,they over-drink Katikala and hack somebody and end up back in their beloved prison and sleep there. I think the prison administration should start forced labor there then not a single gall will come to prison again because they do not like work. I think OLF, OFECP and OPDO leaders shameless abdisa and Adanech abebe should do this immediately to stop Galla from coming to prison again and again. Not hanger strike as if they have a moral ground.

Wedi
Member+

Post by Wedi » 19 Feb 2021, 09:42

lol, Jawar Mohammed is eating and drinking everyday. stop this nonsense!! :P