Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Fiyameta

The Culture of Rape in Tigray

Post by Fiyameta » 14 Feb 2021, 18:59

According to a study done in the Tigray region, during TPLF's 27 year reign of terror 34% of Tegaru girls and women reported to have been raped. This horrifying number of rape is higher than any rape incident recorded by any country in the world, which makes Tigray a lawless region where rape, like war, is a socially acceptable cultural norm.

In the video below, a former TPLF woman fighter tells a story about her first time joining the rebel group in Tigray, and how she was immediately sent to see several top ranking TPLF leaders, such as Sebhat Nega and Meles Zenawi, who admired the young girl's beauty and recommended that she be assigned to a more dangerous work of spying on Derg forces stationed in Tigray. They also gave orders that she becomes pregnant to help conceal her mission, which was done by passing her around top TPLF leaders until the young girl got pregnant.

When they slept with her, both Sebhat Nega and Meles Zenawi told their victim that she was sacrificing her virginity for TPLF's cause for Tigray's independence, and that she would be a "role model" for other young Tegaru girls to be inspired by her "courage" and join the TPLF in droves.

Only in Tigray is a rape victim presented as a "heroine" to further the sexual violence that the TPLF had turned into a cultural phenomenon. It's sad, but true. :x :x :x

Fiyameta

Re: The Culture of Rape in Tigray

Post by Fiyameta » 14 Feb 2021, 19:12

A TPLF official who raped over 50 women and girls in the town of Shire did not go jail, but instead he was transferred to his native town of Adwa to carry out more sexual violence on other Tegaru women and girls. That has been the history of the TPLF of the last 27 years. It was very common for a father in Tigray to rape his own underage daughters and either infect them with the deadly HIV Aids virus, or impregnate them. There are numerous reports of 8 year old Tegaru girls molested by their own fathers while their mothers kept quiet for fear of stigmatization and ostracization in the backward Tigray society that blames rape victims for the actions of the rapists. :x :x :x

Fiyameta

Post by Fiyameta » 14 Feb 2021, 21:46

Selam Tesfaye, Tigray, 'My own father gave me HIV' :shock:

Selam Tesfaye was born and raised in Mekele, northern Ethiopia. At the age of 13 she was raped by her father, who also infected her with HIV. This is her story.

"When my parents divorced I was very little and I had to stay with my mother and my two sisters. We were living a good life until my mother died and we had to move to our aunt's house. My father then came to my aunt and said we should all move back with him. That was when my life turned upside down.

"One night I had a stomach-ache and went to my father for help. He gave me an injection, saying that it would relive the pain. Shortly afterwards I felt dizzy and become unconscious. The next day I woke up very sick and when I tried to go to the bathroom to urinate I discovered that I had been raped.

"My father also openly admitted that he raped me. I ran away from home and went back to my aunt, but I was too shy and ashamed to tell her what my father had done to me. She said I should go back to my father because she was worried that he would accuse her of abduction.

"I was forced to go back to my father's house, and later found out that my older sister has been continuously raped by my father and had even aborted three times.

"That was when I decided to break this cycle of abuse in our family and spoke boldly to the police about what my father did. He was put in prison for a brief period and released on bail.

"After he was released, news of his HIV status reached me, but I could not confirm the story as I had moved in with my aunt again. I was not aware of my own HIV status until I had a disagreement with my cousin and she said that I had AIDS. I was devastated, because even if I was aware that my father had the virus, I did not know that he had given it to me.

"After I confirmed I had the virus, I isolated myself from the family and friends. My aunt gave me a separate plate to use for food; nobody even touched the food I ate or the clothes I wore for fear of the virus. My aunt accused me of promiscuity, as if I slept around to get the disease.

"The conflict at home worsened when I went on national television and told my story about the virus, to teach young people. My aunt became violent because I had not consulted her about my decision in advance; I left her house and started living alone.

"Currently, an NGO that is helping people with HIV is providing me with financial and emotional support. I am now at peace with myself and with the virus; I have come into contact with male and female friends who are kind and supportive."

Fiyameta

Post by Fiyameta » 15 Feb 2021, 14:31

Before the junta fled to their hideout caves in Tigray's mountainous regions, they opened the doors to up to 10 of the largest prisons in the region and released 13,000 hardened criminals into the streets, resulting in large scale looting, gang rapes, murders and other criminal activities in every city and town, aimed at making it difficult for the victorious Ethiopian defense forces to restore law and order in Tigray.
መርካቶ ውስጥ ሲሰርቅ የተገኘን ሌባ፡ ሰዎች "ሌባ ያዙት!" እያሉ ሲያባርሩት... ብልጡ ሌባ አብሮ "ሌባ ያዙት!" ብሎ በመጮህ ትኩረቱን ወደ ሌሎች አድርጎ ለማምለጥ ሞከረ። ወያኔም እንደ ሌባው በማይካድራና በየሰሜን እዝ መከላከያ ሰራዊት ላይ ያደረሰውን ጥቃትና የሰራውን ወንጀል ለመሸፈን ሻእቢያን "ያዙት!" እያለ እያስጮኸ ነው። (EndBek)
📌📌📌📌📌📌📌📌📌📌📌📌📌

TPLF Destroyed 10 prisons in Tigray, Commission reveals

13 February 2021
By Yonas Abiye

10 prisons and documentations of all inmates in Tigray were destroyed when the regional government of Tigray, which was under the control of the Tigray People’s Liberation Front (TPLF), collapsed in November 2020, the Ethiopian Human Rights Commission revealed.

The Commission, releasing the findings of its monitoring and investigative mission in the region, which took place from January 10 to January 23, 2021, citing the Interim administration of the region, said the dispersal of prisoners made the task of tracking major offenders nearly impossible.

Hence, making it one of the causes for the substantial increase of looting, gender-based violence and other major crimes based on what the interim administration has reported to the Commission. Rapes and sexual violence have been committed on civilians in five localities of Tigray regional states.

According to the Commission, information obtained from health professionals and the regional health bureau, indicates that 108 instances of rape have been reported to health facilities over the past two months alone.

The efforts to return and fully equip former local police force members to their function is only making limited progress, said the Commission, while indicating the resources availed to federal security forces do not match the needs of the region.

The fighting in the region, which has left over 2.5 million people in need of urgent assistance, has also brought a serious blow to government structures, while public offices are yet to resume operations in the region.

“The war has left the regional governmental structure in shambles and caused physical damages to key infrastructural systems. This has led to serious gaps in provision of local administrative, safety and security as well as basic social services,” the Commission said.

The interim administration is attempting to rebuild the civil service in the region, despite facing complex challenges.

Citing the interim administration, the Commission said the presence of Eritrean soldiers in the North-Western and Eastern Tigray, and the fall of Western and Southern Zones of Tigray, under the control of Amhara Region’s administration, adds to the challenge of fully re-establishing the regional governmental structure.

The Commission also highlighted that slow progress of efforts to restore the infrastructure and to fully resume social and administrative services in Tigray region is exposing residents and internally displaced persons to further human rights violations. It has received reports of loss of lives, bodily and mental injury, instances of gender-based violence, looting and other human rights violations including in the areas of Tigray which it has not been able to access yet.

“Local structures such as police and health facilities where victims of sexual violence would normally turn to report such crimes are no longer in place. Hence, there is a possibility that the actual number of cases might be higher and more widespread than the reported cases,” the report reads.

While the Commission noted some improvements in terms of provision of humanitarian assistance in Mekelle and other areas that it visited, more effort is still required to meet the extent of humanitarian needs on time.

People displaced to Mekelle from other parts of the region still face shortage of food, clean water and insufficient provision of health services. The ongoing security situation in some parts of Tigray and ongoing disruption to health services has forced injured persons and families of injured persons to walk long distances to get medical help.

When the Commission visited Ayder Hospital’s in-patient wing for children, 16 of the 20 children being treated for trauma had sustained injuries as a result of the war. Some of the hospitalized children have lost at least a body part or suffered another form of bodily injury. Medical professionals also confirm that one of the main reasons for injuries to children in particular is “landmines and hand grenades left lying on the ground.”

The statement quoted EHRC Chief Commissioner, Daniel Bekele (PhD), as saying “While there are many indications and reports of the scale of human rights violations occurring in Tigray Region, the comprehensive overview of the full extent of its impact on civilians is still hindered by the security situation. The Commission will continue its monitoring work and carry out investigations.”

While reiterating the Commission’s previous calls with regards to the loss of lives and internal displacement resulting from the war, he strongly urged for “A more focused and immediate action to put a stop to the alarming and deplorable human right violations caused by gender-based violence and injuries to children.”

https://www.thereporterethiopia.com/art ... on-reveals

Jaegol

Post by Jaegol » 15 Feb 2021, 20:01

The more you know about them the more You get amazed
2020 with all its issues was a good year to the Horn of Africa and from now on it can only get better better

Fiyameta

Post by Fiyameta » 16 Feb 2021, 04:30

When an agame man rapes his own daughters, he blames it on his neighbor. If he fathers a child from his own daughter, the confused child grows up to become a Digital Weyane. :oops: :oops:

Fiyameta

Post by Fiyameta » 19 Feb 2021, 20:14

Agame men are so insecure about their manhood that they rape women and underage girls to compensate for for their lack of masculinity. :x :x :x

quindibu

Post by quindibu » 19 Feb 2021, 21:58

Politics isn't a value-free enterprise..........

TPLF elevated its local culture to national/international level, after dominating Ethiopian politics, debasing not only Ethiopia's but the whole HOA's social fabric. Ironically though, the worst victim of that cultural deficiency has been Agames themselves........Yet, as a society whose vernacular doesn't include the word 'self-reflection', the Mekelle berks are busy, as always, pointing their fingers at others, not fully recognizing, again as always, the gratvity of the situation of they are in........

Weyane.is.dead
Member+

Post by Weyane.is.dead » 19 Feb 2021, 22:03

Everything weyane touches turns into a disaster. Only in weyane controlled tigray could this happen.

quindibu

Post by quindibu » 19 Feb 2021, 22:24

Weyane.is.dead wrote:
19 Feb 2021, 22:03
Everything weyane touches turns into a disaster. Only in weyane controlled tigray could this happen.
They attempted to rewrite history about their non-existent military prowess to intimidate Ethiopians.

Ejected from power just by rock-wielding youth would have been lesson enough for these degenerates to reassess their illusions and delusions....Nope!

Even the 17-days debacle hasn't woken them up yet from their 30 years slumber.....Agames are unique breeds! :shock:

Fiyameta

Post by Fiyameta » 20 Feb 2021, 00:14

quindibu wrote:
19 Feb 2021, 21:58

TPLF elevated its local culture to national/international level, after dominating Ethiopian politics, debasing not only Ethiopia's but the whole HOA's social fabric. Ironically though, the worst victim of that cultural deficiency has been Agames themselves........Yet, as a society whose vernacular doesn't include the word 'self-reflection', the Mekelle berks are busy, as always, pointing their fingers at others, not fully recognizing, again as always, the gratvity of the situation of they are in........

I laughed when Kubur President Isaias said, "the junta forgot they are the least significant Kilil, but they act as though they are the UN, the EU, and the US, all put together. I guess consumption of food aid does that to a beggar.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Weyane.is.dead
Member+

Post by Weyane.is.dead » 20 Feb 2021, 00:29

As I always say, weyane rodents are the only ones that believe their own lies.
quindibu wrote:
19 Feb 2021, 22:24
Weyane.is.dead wrote:
19 Feb 2021, 22:03
They attempted to rewrite history about their non-existent military prowess to intimidate Ethiopians.

Ejected from power just by rock-wielding youth would have been lesson enough for these degenerates to reassess their illusions and delusions....Nope!

Even the 17-days debacle hasn't woken them up yet from their 30 years slumber.....Agames are unique breeds! :shock:

quindibu

Post by quindibu » 20 Feb 2021, 00:50

Fiyameta wrote:
20 Feb 2021, 00:14
quindibu wrote:
19 Feb 2021, 21:58

I laughed when Kubur President Isaias said, "the junta forgot they are the least significant Kilil, but they act as though they are the UN, the EU, and the US, all put together. I guess consumption of food aid does that to a beggar.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
As the Amharic saying የቄስ ልጅ እግዝያብሔር አጎቱ ይመስለዋል ነው ነገሩ:: Mortgaging not only Ethiopia's but the whole HoA's future for free GM wheat was considered as a statecraft by these morons. Even worse, today, as a reward for their yesterday's servitude, they're 'demanding' to be reinstated back to power. Mind you, they have zero leverage, except their constant whimpering on social media and at major European cities streets........So much for ትግራይ ሰብ አለዋ! :roll: