Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Za-Ilmaknun

በአዲስ አበባ ከተማ ለተገነቡ የጋራ መኖሪያ ቤቶች ወጪ ሆኗል የተባለው 53 ቢሊዮን ብር ምን ላይ ወጪ እንደሆነ እንደማይታወቅ ተገለጸ።

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 12 Feb 2021, 12:14

The grand corruption culture TPLF introduced in the country is continuing unabated. It must be only in Ethiopia where one can finds hundreds of mega buildings without any traceable ownership. Top that with hundreds of thousands of houses distributed to political operatives and their kin for free. One wonders why we should contribute our hard earned money for anything that is going in that country. I am perturbed! :evil:

ጥናት ቡድኑን ሲመሩ የቆዩት ቱሉ ቶላ (ዶ/ር) ለጋራ መኖሪያ ቤቶች ግንባታ ወጪ ሆኗል የተባለ 53 ቢሊዮን ብር አለመገኘቱን ለቢቢሲ ተናግረዋል

በተመሳሳይ ከጥቂት ሳምንታት በፊት የአዲስ አበባ ከተማ አስተዳደር ከ21ሺህ በላይ የጋራ መኖሪያ ቤቶች በሕገ-ወጥ መንገድ ተይዘው መገኘታቸውን በጥናት መረጋገጡን አስታውቆ ነበር
ምክትል ከንቲባ አዳነች አቤቤ በአጠቃላይ በአዲስ አበባ 13 ሚሊየን 389 ሺህ 955 ካሬ ወይም 1 ሺህ 338 ሄክታር መሬት በሕገ-ወጥ መያዙን አስታውቀዋል። ከዚህ በተጨማሪም 322 ግንባታቸው ያለቀና ያላለቀ ህንፃዎች ባለቤት አልባ ሆነው መገኘታቸውን እና 14,641 መኖርያና ለንግድ የተከራዩ የቀበሌ ቤቶችን ያለ አግባብና በሕገ-ወጥ ይዞታነት የሚገኙ መሆኑን አስታውቀዋል።

https://mereja.com/amharic/v2/455310

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Re: በአዲስ አበባ ከተማ ለተገነቡ የጋራ መኖሪያ ቤቶች ወጪ ሆኗል የተባለው 53 ቢሊዮን ብር ምን ላይ ወጪ እንደሆነ እንደማይታወቅ ተገለጸ።

Post by DefendTheTruth » 12 Feb 2021, 12:41

Don't look for an execuse, if you really care about the country and most imprtantly the people of the country, then you can also help those in need directly without the interference of the government, which you allege is corrupt.

What hindered you to create a grass-root development initiative and help directly those in need?

Always looking for an execuse will move you to nowhere, in my view.

Za-Ilmaknun

Re: በአዲስ አበባ ከተማ ለተገነቡ የጋራ መኖሪያ ቤቶች ወጪ ሆኗል የተባለው 53 ቢሊዮን ብር ምን ላይ ወጪ እንደሆነ እንደማይታወቅ ተገለጸ።

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 12 Feb 2021, 15:20

DefendTheTruth wrote:
12 Feb 2021, 12:41
Don't look for an execuse, if you really care about the country and most imprtantly the people of the country, then you can also help those in need directly without the interference of the government, which you allege is corrupt.

What hindered you to create a grass-root development initiative and help directly those in need?

And let the OPDO government continue its distribution of the condos to its selected few and let no one be hold responsible for the corruption, is what you are saying.. :mrgreen: I would have been surprised if you were to focus more on the issue than on my pocket.lol :mrgreen:

Look.. when you foot the bill that the government is supposed to, all you are doing is freeing funds for the corrupted officials to continue what they know best. First let them show what they could do with the resources they have and then I will be willing to open my purse to supplement the deficiency. Otherwise, I think that it would be irresponsible and encouraging more of the same. I don't know about you but I work so hard to earn every diem and, I am very careful in how I spend it.

Can you imagine what 53 billion birr help could do to that poor country? It is almost two billion dollars that is the equivalent of half of the value of all the export generated revenue in on year. Are you still eyeing my poor pocket? :lol:

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 12 Feb 2021, 16:46

Za-Ilmaknun wrote:
12 Feb 2021, 15:20
DefendTheTruth wrote:

And let the OPDO government continue its distribution of the condos to its selected few and let no one be hold responsible for the corruption, is what you are saying.. :mrgreen: I would have been surprised if you were to focus more on the issue than on my pocket.lol :mrgreen:

Look.. when you foot the bill that the government is supposed to, all you are doing is freeing funds for the corrupted officials to continue what they know best. First let them show what they could do with the resources they have and then I will be willing to open my purse to supplement the deficiency. Otherwise, I think that it would be irresponsible and encouraging more of the same. I don't know about you but I work so hard to earn every diem and, I am very careful in how I spend it.

Can you imagine what 53 billion birr help could do to that poor country? It is almost two billion dollars that is the equivalent of half of the value of all the export generated revenue in on year. Are you still eyeing my poor pocket? :lol:
No, I am not encouraging you to "free the funds for the corrupt officials so that they continue to steal", be it real or just your perception, I am just trying to highlight that there are people who are in need of your and mine help, in any way. They deserve to be supported and motivated to be in a position to support themselves at some point down the road. If you wanted to support but then had distrust those in power, then the easiest way to do so is by directly giving your support to those in need and empower them so that they could one day be in a position to hold those who mismanaged their resources accountable.

Empowerment starts by first feeding oneself enough and having all the basic necessities.

And you said "One wonders why we should contribute our hard earned money for anything that is going in that country.". What may go into that country may got stolen or be used for the right purpose of supporting those in need, so, my advice is, to choose the better way.

Just because you have an issue with the government may not justify your holding back your money, that could be badily needed and that is all I am saying.

If you are trying to use your fund to buy yourself an influence on those in power, then, well, there already many in the field seeking the same in many different ways, then good luck to you.

Wedi
Member+

Post by Wedi » 12 Feb 2021, 17:20

በኦሮሙማ አጥምቱ እየተጋጠ የሚገኘው የኢትዮጵያ ንግድ ባንክ የገቢ እድገቱ መጠን 26% ሲሆን የወጭ መጠኑ 39% መሆኑ ተገለፀ፡፡ ስለዚህ የኢትዮጵያ ንግድ ባንክ በነጌቲቭ 13% (- 13% ) ቁልቁል እያደገ ነው!!😄
Please wait, video is loading...

Za-Ilmaknun

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 12 Feb 2021, 17:42

DefendTheTruth wrote:
12 Feb 2021, 16:46
Za-Ilmaknun wrote:
12 Feb 2021, 15:20
DefendTheTruth wrote:

No, I am not encouraging you to "free the funds for the corrupt officials so that they continue to steal", be it real or just your perception, I am just trying to highlight that there are people who are in need of your and mine help, in any way. They deserve to be supported and motivated to be in a position to support themselves at some point down the road. If you wanted to support but then had distrust those in power, then the easiest way to do so is by directly giving your support to those in need and empower them so that they could one day be in a position to hold those who mismanaged their resources accountable.

Empowerment starts by first feeding oneself enough and having all the basic necessities.

And you said "One wonders why we should contribute our hard earned money for anything that is going in that country.". What may go into that country may got stolen or be used for the right purpose of supporting those in need, so, my advice is, to choose the better way.

Just because you have an issue with the government may not justify your holding back your money, that could be badily needed and that is all I am saying.

If you are trying to use your fund to buy yourself an influence on those in power, then, well, there already many in the field seeking the same in many different ways, then good luck to you.
Have you red the whole Report? It was an investigative report done by a government sponsored group led by Mr. Tullu. So it doesn't leave any room for perception. 2 Billion dollar is a hell lot money to be squandered just like that. It is shameful in a country as poor as ours, such a hefty amount is stolen in broad daylight robbery. Most importantly, the thieves have destroyed the financial and related docs hopping to escape any accountability. I mean it ain't that hard to follow the tails of the money but .. :mrgreen: ya know the thieves are above the law.

https://www.bbc.com/amharic/news-56036903

Tiago

Post by Tiago » 12 Feb 2021, 18:15

The former mayors of AA k.deriba and Take le. Uma should be investigated..I hope the gov is seriously trying to tackle the problem.

Za-Ilmaknun

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 12 Feb 2021, 18:55

Tiago wrote:
12 Feb 2021, 18:15
The former mayors of AA k.deriba and Take le. Uma should be investigated..I hope the gov is seriously trying to tackle the problem.
That is what you would be expecting of a normally functioning government. However, I am not sure if anyone will ever be hold accountable for any of the grand corruption. If experience is to serve as any witness, those involved will only be promoted and protected. This level of corruption is so huge that it can't be done just by some corrupted individuals. It is a systemic shift of resources to the selected few that the government takes to be its base. :mrgreen: Take Oumma might have been siphoned with a few hundred millions and some buildings in the process, though. :|