Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
teodroseIII

Drawing the Fire of Sarah Jones and Blue Checkmarked Marks

Post by teodroseIII » 26 Jan 2021, 09:48

You know that you are making inroads as an independent journalist and a non-aligned observer when corporate swine who pretend to be reporters walk away from their troughs to throw rocks at you on social media. This is precisely what happened yesterday evening when Sarah Jones—a writer for the Intelligencer (an offshoot of the New York Magazine)—reared her head in my direction and decided to unleash snark my way.

The source of her pique was a thread that I tweeted where I noted that Fred Hampton, one of the pillars of the Black Panther Party and the founder of the Rainbow Coalition, joined forces with the Young Patriots Organization (YPO) in the 1960’s. In that tweet, I highlighted that the YPO were “white” supremacists who flew the confederate flag in order to form a united front against their common oppressors.

The main thrust of the tweet was not even about the YPO; I was trying to draw attention to campaign we launched on January 20th called #WildcatStrikeUSA2021 that was inspired by Fred Hampton’s vision and tries to continue the legacy of Martin Luther King’s “poor people campaign” by advocating for a national workers’ wildcat strike. Sarah did not come at me because I got a historical fact wrong, it’s because I am bringing up the ghosts of the pasts and agitating like Hampton, Malcolm, Martin and icons of the 60’s to bridge the divides and to come together to protect our collective interests that she got her britches in a bunch...continued...

READ FULL ARTICLE AT: https://ghionjournal.com/drawing-fire-s ... ark-marks/