Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Abaymado

Ethiopia should reconsider its position before using Asab port. They should made public all things behind the scene.

Post by Abaymado » 23 Jan 2021, 12:12

Why Ethiopia chose Asab port? in terms of cost, feasibility and its continuity in the long run? I think we should carefully watch Eritrea, as Eritrea is independent country.

Afdeyu

Re: Ethiopia should reconsider its position before using Asab port. They should made public all things behind the scene.

Post by Afdeyu » 23 Jan 2021, 12:39

Can you tell us the Ethiopian Djibouti agreement on port use? Or Ethiopia Sudan port use agreement? Highlights of the once you know
Transparency and fairness is good for all parties involved

Lakeshore

Re: Ethiopia should reconsider its position before using Asab port. They should made public all things behind the scene.

Post by Lakeshore » 23 Jan 2021, 12:43

Ethiopia is cash strapped and it is paramount to allocate our hard currency for other important things like food. And use the local currency for the port.

At the same time, it is much easier to sell for the closest neighbor than any other coast I mean electric power generated from the GEARD. Issays is very smart in this aspect he is fighting beside us to pressure Sudan and Egypt. This statement by itself like a real war the shock wave that it sends to Egypt.
They will understand it is real and possible too. He is winning the war with Sudan with pout firing a single bullet. He deserves the highest order of awards from the Ethiopian government.

ይሄ ጊዜ የፈተነው ወዳጅንት በኢትዮጵያ እና በኤርትራ ብቻ ነው ሊኖር የሚችለው

Because of Issayas and Abyi. Even economically it will make our port usage diverse and makes us in a better negotiation position and strengthens the relationship between the ordinary peoples. I couldn't see the downside except speculation and if you able to see one please let us share it.

tarik
Senior Member+

Post by tarik » 23 Jan 2021, 12:53

Abaymado wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 12:12
Why Ethiopia chose Asab port? in terms of cost, feasibility and its continuity in the long run? I think we should carefully watch Eritrea, as Eritrea is independent country.
Abaymado, u should thank us Eritreans on this issue. Eritrea gains nothing from Ethiopia, it's acually is losing by using Birr instead of USA dollar or Euro currency. Do u know how much ur terrorist-tigray-tplf use 2 pay djibouti's port annually? 2 billion dollars. Z question is What does Eritrea gain? A long dream of buying electricity, that's if egypt and sudan die, so this deal will hurt us Eritreans, not Ethiopians. We r risking of not getting hard currency, while u r hear crying a crocodile tear. I never heard u cry when ur agame junta were paying billions when using z khat addicted port in dji-booti? Anyhow here is how abiy-gelle's new port deal done in 2018. compared 2 us Eritreans deal by using birr.
====================================================================================
Djibouti, Ethiopia strike port deal, Djibouti to partner in Ethiopian airlines, telecom
April 29, 2018 | by Ethiopia Observer |
Djibouti, Ethiopia strike port deal, Djibouti to partner in Ethiopian airlines, telecom
Djibouti and Ethiopia have brokered a deal to develop and operate a port during Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed’s visit to Djibouti, state media disclosed. Abiy ended 48-hour stay in Djibouti on Sunday, participating in talks on security, trade and improving the neighboring countries’ strategic interests, according to Radio Fana.
The radio stated that the port to be developed is expected to be a rent-free lease. No further detail or breakdown of the contracts’ value has been provided but it was said that Djibouti would also be allowed to take stakes in Ethiopia’s telecom’s industry or other infrastructure. Orders were given to the two country’s foreign ministers and economic ministers to work on the detailed specification and technicalities.
Ethiopia’s Ambassador to Djibouti Shamebo Fitamo Adebo told Deutsche Welle Amharic that an official request from the Ethiopian government has been made for the first time to Djibouti officials for joint port developments and a discussion was held between Prime Minister Abiy and Djibouti President Ismaïl Omar Guelleh over the issue. The Ambassador was quoted by the DW as saying that it is not yet known if Ethiopia would be partner in the existing ports or new ports to be developed. He said a committee has been formed to work out the details. The Ambassador confirmed that Ethiopia has agreed to give share to Djibouti either in the Ethiopian airlines or telecom enterprise, depending on its interest.
Landlocked Ethiopia currently uses ports in Djibouti for about 95 percent of its external trade and it pays around 1.5 and 2 billion dollars to Djibouti in port fees.
On February 2018, the government of Djibouti has seized control of a container terminal operated by United Arab Emirates-based DP World, saying that the contract between the two parties was damaging the sovereignty of Djibouti. The governemnt had previously said that the port would remain “in the hands of our country” until it found new investors.

Afdeyu

Post by Afdeyu » 23 Jan 2021, 12:57

Co-signed, I couldn’t have said it better
This looks like a win-win deal for me
Lakeshore wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 12:43
Ethiopia is cash strapped and it is paramount to allocate our hard currency for other important things like food. And use the local currency for the port.

At the same time, it is much easier to sell for the closest neighbor than any other coast I mean electric power generated from the GEARD. Issays is very smart in this aspect he is fighting beside us to pressure Sudan and Egypt. This statement by itself like a real war the shock wave that it sends to Egypt.
They will understand it is real and possible too. He is winning the war with Sudan with pout firing a single bullet. He deserves the highest order of awards from the Ethiopian government.

ይሄ ጊዜ የፈተነው ወዳጅንት በኢትዮጵያ እና በኤርትራ ብቻ ነው ሊኖር የሚችለው

Because of Issayas and Abyi. Even economically it will make our port usage diverse and makes us in a better negotiation position and strengthens the relationship between the ordinary peoples. I couldn't see the downside except speculation and if you able to see one please let us share it.

euroland
Member+

Post by euroland » 23 Jan 2021, 13:05

Agamemado
Ethiopians and Eritreans don’t need any advice or input from a dead junta. Shut the F up and! Hassad Agame.
Abaymado wrote:

Abaymado

Post by Abaymado » 23 Jan 2021, 13:17

euroland wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 13:05
Agamemado
Ethiopians and Eritreans don’t need any advice or input from a dead junta. Shut the F up and! Hassad Agame.
Abaymado wrote:
I am not seeking advice from shabos, this is our business. By the way, tell him your boss to conduct for free, why not? Didn't you(shabos) said in this forum, it is for free. what now? Who can trust you then? azzhole.

euroland
Member+

Post by euroland » 23 Jan 2021, 14:23

Agamemado
Like i said, why is this your agame business?? You MF put these two great people on arch enemies status for 22 plus years, now when they just got rid off you Hassads and begin a a good relationship, your try to stick your Agames nose in it. Go feed your dying relatives; leave this to Ethiopia’s and Eritreans to worry.
Abaymado wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 13:17
euroland wrote:
Agamemado
Abaymado wrote:
I am not seeking advice from shabos, this is our business. By the way, tell him your boss to conduct for free, why not? Didn't you(shabos) said in this forum, it is for free. what now? Who can trust you then? azzhole.

Temt
Member+

Post by Temt » 23 Jan 2021, 14:59

Abaymado wrote:
euroland wrote:
Agamemado
Abaymado wrote:
I normally would have responded to you in Tigrigna, but being Hasad Agame, you are probably too challenged to read it. Brother euro didn't ask you to seek advice from your master, Shaebia. But even if you were wise enough to had sought it, you never would have got it you, sahsah Agame. If I may get to your low level, I believe azzhole. identifies you better than euroland. ደረብይ ፍጥረት!

Feron11

Post by Feron11 » 23 Jan 2021, 16:01

Abaymado wrote:

Abaymado Idiot Let me f.u.c.k your a.s.s near Abay dar there is no such thing called public deal this is between the GOVT nothing else and Ethiopia with 52 Billion Dollar dept is not in a position to reconsider anything actually Eritrea should reconsider how Ethiopia use it's port

Abaymado

Post by Abaymado » 23 Jan 2021, 16:08

Feron11 wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 16:01
Abaymado wrote:

Abaymado Idiot Let me f.u.c.k your a.s.s near Abay dar there is no such thing called public deal this is between the GOVT nothing else and Ethiopia with 52 Billion Dollar dept is not in a position to reconsider anything actually Eritrea should reconsider how Ethiopia use it's port
Felony: look, here in Ethiopia , we are the one to decide on the fate of our country, not Abiy or anyone else unlike in your country.

I am suspecting that your mother give birth to you while someone on the river side raped her. Your memory still there and you want to repeat on someone?

Lakeshore

Post by Lakeshore » 23 Jan 2021, 18:27

Long Live Issayas Afeworki!

He is using his diplomatic ingenuity in destroying Sudan and Egypt without firing any bullet. At the same time creating a business of opportunity for his people and Ethiopians too from their empty bravado. The Assab Addis line is going to flourish again. Shameless Abdisa can use the Djibuty to Arusi line if he doesn't want to live in Ethiopia as Ethiopians no special privilege for Gall in Addis as well, to export his Aba Gedays and celebrate ireecha in Djibouti.
Last edited by Lakeshore on 23 Jan 2021, 19:00, edited 2 times in total.

kerenite

Post by kerenite » 23 Jan 2021, 18:44

Temt wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 14:59
Abaymado wrote:
euroland wrote:
Agamemado
Abaymado wrote:
I normally would have responded to you in Tigrigna, but being Hasad Agame, you are probably too challenged to read it. Brother euro didn't ask you to seek advice from your master, Shaebia. But even if you were wise enough to had sought it, you never would have got it you, sahsah Agame. If I may get to your low level, I believe azzhole. identifies you better than euroland. ደረብይ ፍጥረት!
Aite commandis,

I am really interested to know, hence why do you address eri-muslims as shiritams? Do not run away..... RESPOND.

Asmara

Post by Asmara » 23 Jan 2021, 18:52

Abaymado is EthiòAsh. His style of writing and the way he addresses forumers are the same in both nicks. Busted!

euroland
Member+

Post by euroland » 23 Jan 2021, 18:57

Asmara wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 18:52
Abaymado is EthiòAsh. His style of writing and the way he addresses forumers are the same in both nicks. Busted!
Either way, he is a dead Junta.

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 23 Jan 2021, 19:06

Tegadalay AgameMado,
I didn't see you give a good reason for not using Assab, all you said was, Eritrea was an independent country-which is just stating the obvious?!

temari

Post by temari » 23 Jan 2021, 19:16

Abaymado wrote:
You don't bring any convincing argument for Ethiopia not to use Assab port other than saying Eritrea is independent country. Djibouti is also independent and we are using their port for a century now. Ethiopia needs every port it gets. We are a big country and we will be using all ports available from all our neighbors and Eritrea is not an exception. It is a win-win for both countries and for Ethiopia it will break the monopoly of Djibouti and reduce the price. As long as we see and treat each other just like any other neighboring country such as Djibouti, Sudan and Kenya, I see a big win-win benefit for both countries. Port service is just a service and if we pay for the service we get it and if for any reason we are not satisfied with the service then we just stop using it. That is simple as that. Why people make a fuss out of a normal business practice is beyond me. Ethiopia does business with many countries so why should Eritrea be an exception? We all have to move to business to benefit our people. The more business with African countries the better.

Temt
Member+

Post by Temt » 23 Jan 2021, 19:41

temari wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 19:16
Abaymado wrote:
You don't bring any convincing argument for Ethiopia not to use Assab port other than saying Eritrea is independent country. Djibouti is also independent and we are using their port for a century now. Ethiopia needs every port it gets. We are a big country and we will be using all ports available from all our neighbors and Eritrea is not an exception. It is a win-win for both countries and for Ethiopia it will break the monopoly of Djibouti and reduce the price. As long as we see and treat each other just like any other neighboring country such as Djibouti, Sudan and Kenya, I see a big win-win benefit for both countries. Port service is just a service and if we pay for the service we get it and if for any reason we are not satisfied with the service then we just stop using it. That is simple as that. Why people make a fuss out of a normal business practice is beyond me. Ethiopia does business with many countries so why should Eritrea be an exception? We all have to move to business to benefit our people. The more business with African countries the better.
Well, frankly, what would you good people expect from the ሓሳዳት ፍጥረት፧ Nothing good! that is for sure. Anyway as far as the port usage of Ethiopia, Ethiopia will choose what is beneficial for it, and the decision is made by its government, not by hopeless Weyane cadres like Abaymado or Kerenite the ዑጉም ሺርጣም jihadist. in other words, let the ዓጋመs whine and cry until the cows come home. There is nothing, absolutely nothing they could do about it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

eritrea

Post by eritrea » 23 Jan 2021, 19:47

temari wrote:
23 Jan 2021, 19:16
I see a big win-win benefit for both countries. Port service is just a service and if we pay for the service we get it and if for any reason we are not satisfied with the service then we just stop using it. That is simple as that. Why people make a fuss out of a normal business practice is beyond me. Ethiopia does business with many countries so why should Eritrea be an exception? We all have to move to business to benefit our people. The more business with African countries the better.

Sam Ebalalehu

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 23 Jan 2021, 19:48

I think Abebe b was silenced by Ethiopian army somewhere in Tigray. For the last few months he used to post silly threads that nobody reads. Either the army took him
Out or he committed suicide.
Abaymado seems to fill in. Unlike Abebe b, he does not write so many nonsense threads everyday.
Abebe b gone, well, Abaymado seemed to have determined to sell out the TPLF hearsay. But nobody seems buying it.